Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
Best I got so far with the Eneos SC430 is 1:58.023. Using a DFGT and all assists turned off, including ABS.

EDIT: My private lounge is open for practice now by the way.

Last edited:
Practice mode. That's the best way to hotlap, you can make adjustments easily, and you always have a full tank of gas and your tires don't wear out.

Better to practice in a lounge so you can get the feel of your car as the tires wear out though. That way in the race you'll know just how many laps you can push before you car gets to hard to control or your lap times start to get crippled. Though for basic set up practice is quicker. 👍

Oh btw everyone should have there downforce up high because nether GT500 or GT300 go fast enough for the downforce to make huge difference. 10 mph difference on the striaght maybe but the extra downforce allows you too destroy corners with ease.(beside if someone starts to pull away in the striaghts you just draft them then you go from full downforce to none)

RzB
Better to practice in a lounge so you can get the feel of your car as the tires wear out though. That way in the race you'll know just how many laps you can push before you car gets to hard to control or your lap times start to get crippled. Though for basic set up practice is quicker. 👍

Oh btw everyone should have there downforce up high because nether GT500 or GT300 go fast enough for the downforce to make huge difference. 10 mph difference on the striaght maybe but the extra downforce allows you too destroy corners with ease.(beside if someone starts to pull away in the striaghts you just draft them then you go from full downforce to none)

Not when setting up your car though. When doing tuning and really trying to nail down your basic setup, it's the best to do it with fresh tires and a full tank of gas. You're right though, you do need to do it in a lounge to in order to work out pitting strategies, and to figure out where you really start to lose your grip.

I will open the room tomorrow at8:00AM -5:00GMT. We can do some 20 lap races to see tire wear. I will attempt to add all of you to FL tonight

Lap times are steadily creeping down now, which is good. I just need to look at tuning the LSD and maybe the springs a bit more.

Tried a quick lap with tires that were two thirds worn out and my lap times were +5s! That stage of the race will certainly be interesting. I still need to do a dry run to work out pitting and such.

Best I got so far with the Eneos SC430 is 1:58.023. Using a DFGT and all assists turned off, including ABS.

EDIT: My private lounge is open for practice now by the way.

I've pulled a similar lap time of 1:58.xxx. A high 58 but still a 58 none the less. With all these times from GT300 class I was afraid I suck because they're only 5 seconds away. :nervous:

Lap times are steadily creeping down now, which is good. I just need to look at tuning the LSD and maybe the springs a bit more.

Tried a quick lap with tires that were two thirds worn out and my lap times were +5s! That stage of the race will certainly be interesting. I still need to do a dry run to work out pitting and such.
Will perhaps be a good idea to use hard tyres in the race, as they probably last a lot longer.

Was getting a bit concerned about tyre wear when I tried longer runs, but I still think the medium tyre is the way to go. Lap times drop off quite quickly once you hit 6-7 laps done, but if we run the hard tyre then there won't be much of a challenge in terms of looking after tyres, imo.

Was getting a bit concerned about tyre wear when I tried longer runs, but I still think the medium tyre is the way to go. Lap times drop off quite quickly once you hit 6-7 laps done, but if we run the hard tyre then there won't be much of a challenge in terms of looking after tyres, imo.

I agree. Medium all the way, it almost ensures that we will have to pit more than once. Creating a very interesting new strategy dynamic.

Well you could gamble use medium tires for better laps times but have to stretch for a few laps or use hard tires and only have to make one pit stop...

THis discussion about tires brings up the debate...Do we not limit tires? Soft, Medium or Hard. It's up to you?

I am indifferent. With everyone on Medium, we may all just follow each other and pit at the same time.

Different tires creates a whole new gameplan. You'll need to run a 20 lap race on hard to see your end time. Then on medium with a stop to see end time :)

MORE TESTING.

Strittan, what's the call on tires?

THis discussion about tires brings up the debate...Do we not limit tires? Soft, Medium or Hard. It's up to you?

I am indifferent. With everyone on Medium, we may all just follow each other and pit at the same time.

Different tires creates a whole new gameplan. You'll need to run a 20 lap race on hard to see your end time. Then on medium with a stop to see end time :)

MORE TESTING.

Strittan, what's the call on tires?

Maybe if the race was longer, but with only 20 laps, chances are that you would only have to make two stops either way. Even with softs.

RzB
Well you could gamble use medium tires for better laps times but have to stretch for a few laps or use hard tires and only have to make one pit stop...

I like this.

But maybe for the first race just all stick with the same compound and see how we go? Multiple tyre options would be very cool for future racing and to see different strategies, but we're also trying to simulate SuperGT I think - do they have multiple compounds in SuperGT?

I like this.

But maybe for the first race just all stick with the same compound and see how we go? Multiple tyre options would be very cool for future racing and to see different strategies, but we're also trying to simulate SuperGT I think - do they have multiple compounds in SuperGT?

Yes, they do allow for multiple tire types, according to Super GT regulation, the actual tire material is unrestricted.

There ya go.

These are the official SuperGt rules for Tires

Tires
Maximum of six (6) sets (24 tires) of dry tires will be marked before the start of the Official Practice Session. A car can use up to 5 sets of the marked tires (20 tires) from the start of the Official Practice Session until the start of the race. The 5 marked tire sets (up to 20 marked tires) as mentioned above can be freely combined and used. 4 tires out of the 5 sets (20 tires) must be fitted to the car by the 5-minutes signal to the start of the race to be used in the race (excluding wet tires). Cars that have run in the Final Qualifying Session (Super Lap or the final session of the Knock-out qualifying) must start the race with the same set of tires that was used in the Final Qualifying Session. However, when the Stewards of the Meeting agree that it is unsafe for a car to start the race on the same tires used in the last Official Qualifying Session, this car may change up to one tire in concern before the start of the race.

◊Wet-weather tire
Except for the race, the use of wet-weather tires is only allowed when the Clerk of the Course declares wet-conditions at each practice session. Groove pattern of wet-weather tires must be registered to GTA by 10 days prior to the first Event when tires of the groove pattern will be used. It is prohibited to use any outside device (e.g. tire warmer, etc) to heat and warm the tires during the Event.

I think with all the tires the race could be more interesting, strategy will become part of the race.

Cumps

I'm getting some practice in my lounge right now if anyone wants to join me (PSN: ErrWere). I'll probably be around for an hour or two.

I have a short work shift this evening. Is anybody going to be practicing around 9:30 or 10pm PST? GMT -8

I haven't yet made more adjustments, really hoping to get into the 2:05's. Those Arta guys sure are quick!

I have a short work shift this evening. Is anybody going to be practicing around 9:30 or 10pm PST? GMT -8

I haven't yet made more adjustments, really hoping to get into the 2:05's. Those Arta guys sure are quick!

Sure man. I will.

Lol, yeah, but those are balls to the wall, full throttle 100% of the time, 7-10% slip driving all the way around the course. With traffic I would say my times are going to be 2'08"-2'06"...

I think I am going to pick up one of each of the GT300 cars, just to see what they are like and what kind of lines I can expect from my opponents.

I think I am going to pick up one of each of the GT300 cars, just to see what they are like and what kind of lines I can expect from my opponents.

I was thinking the same thing. Already have the Lexus WEDS SPORT and Subaru CUSCO. I have the '03 Arta :) so I should sell it for the '08 version.

My best so far, 2:04:xxx.

Changed a little bit the camber, toe in, suspension and also the dampers were tweaked.

So far, i got, 2.04.xxx like i said, in a hot lap aka qualification, but e should keep that momentum running at 2.05.xxx easily with the tires wearing off.

And this driving my beloved, and not so fast on low revs, RX7 Aspara Drink.

Other day, i noticed that the Garaya overtaken me right away after the race started, this a problem from Rx7, it has no low rpm at all

So rx7 drivers like me, keep you car always close to the red line. Short transmission is the way to go.

We gonna get those Arta guys :dopey:

My best so far, 2:04:xxx.

Changed a little bit the camber, toe in, suspension and also the dampers were tweaked.

So far, i got, 2.04.xxx like i said, in a hot lap aka qualification, but e should keep that momentum running at 2.05.xxx easily with the tires wearing off.

And this driving my beloved, and not so fast on low revs, RX7 Aspara Drink.

Other day, i noticed that the Garaya overtaken me right away after the race started, this a problem from Rx7, it has no low rpm at all

So rx7 drivers like me, keep you car always close to the red line. Short transmission is the way to go.

We gonna get those Arta guys :dopey:

In your dreams. :sly:

Well I made a room but some guy that added me from some other good races joined and was blasting around quite poorly in his Lamborghini and kept ruining laps.

No luck getting into 2:05s yet. Hopefully the race is enough commotion to really even things out. I've got the subie very stable under full brakes through the corners as needed now so it should be good for the race.

Wow, the GT500's are fast. I'm into the 1:57s, and I really reckon that a better driver than me could get into the 1:56s or 1:55s. On medium tires obviously, I'll be testing later to see how different the hard tires are.

Latest Posts

Back