Super GT on Fuji F, December 19th

• Thread starter Strittan
  • 362 comments
Wow, the GT500's are fast. I'm into the 1:57s, and I really reckon that a better driver than me could get into the 1:56s or 1:55s. On medium tires obviously, I'll be testing later to see how different the hard tires are.

Is this on Fuji F ? (:

How will the event run on Sunday. Will the race start at 19:00 GMT sharp or will there be qualifying prior to race start.

It would be good to have qualifying and make the grid by the qualifying times (I think its possible to set up the room that way). If not, I think there is a big risk unfortunate contact as GT500 cars trying to quickly overtake GT300 cars to not lose too much time to the front.

Is this on Fuji F ? (:

:) Nah, Suzuka. It'd be interesting to do some testing on Fuji though, I could imagine the GT500s pulling away even more there with the long straight.

One assumes the start will be similar to the real Super GT, in which the GT500 cars are placed in front of the GT300s. Contact between the classes at the start should be minimal.

Room going up in 30 minutes 8:00am -5:00GMT or 8:00am EST :)

Room Name: GT SUPERCARS TESTING.

5-10 min of practice then a 20 lap race.
then repeat.

how big is the difference between a gt500 and gt300 ?

And in this event, can there be more than one of the same car? like two yellowhat GT-R's?

How will the event run on Sunday. Will the race start at 19:00 GMT sharp or will there be qualifying prior to race start.

It would be good to have qualifying and make the grid by the qualifying times (I think its possible to set up the room that way). If not, I think there is a big risk unfortunate contact as GT500 cars trying to quickly overtake GT300 cars to not lose too much time to the front.
There will be a free run session before the race, which I hope will work like a qualify.

Last edited:
how big is the difference between a gt500 and gt300 ?

And in this event, can there be more than one of the same car? like two yellowhat GT-R's?

~7-9 seconds per lap, at Suzuka, at the moment. Some GT500s doing 1:57s, GT300s doing 2:04s

And yes, there's 8 of us in the GT300 class, but only 4 available cars, so there are duplicates - can't say about GT500, but there is a full entry list on the first post :)

The GT500s are all unique I think.

I like that ARTA are well represented in GT300. Makes me feel less lonely out on the track with some teammates around me. :)

I can now do 1:55's consistently. Overall I've put less than 20 laps on Suzuka with the Denso SC430. However with the way I as driving I expect my tires to be toast if I were to keep that type of pace up in a 20 lap race. Also one slight mishap such as a tap or running slightly wide WILL cause me to spin at those times as well. Please don't hit me! 👍

One quite important question.. The Honda NSX GT500 (stealth car), would it be okay if such a car entered the competition next sunday? :)

I can now do 1:55's consistently. Overall I've put less than 20 laps on Suzuka with the Denso SC430. However with the way I as driving I expect my tires to be toast if I were to keep that type of pace up in a 20 lap race. Also one slight mishap such as a tap or running slightly wide WILL cause me to spin at those times as well. Please don't hit me! 👍

That's increadibly fast, at least by my driving skills.

I have put quite a few laps in, and I have managed one 1'55.8 and one 1'55.9. I'm happy with a lap in 1'56.xxx but most times I lap 1'57 or 1'58. This is in free run. When racing, lap times often go up.

I also tested to run really long on one set of tires. At lap 13 the tires bars still showed roughly 1/4 left. At that stage I could hardly drive the car and lap times was quite a bit over 2 minutes. The tires seems to peak on lap 3 and grip starts to decrease after that.

Will make for an interesting pitstop strategy on Sunday. 1 or 2 stops ?

The GT500s are all unique I think.

I like that ARTA are well represented in GT300. Makes me feel less lonely out on the track with some teammates around me. :)

Yes, the GT500s are fun cars to drive and given the speed its challenging to put in a perfect lap. The GT300 guys might get closer racing as they will have more time to react.

Man I wish I saw this sooner. I just love the Nurburgring track. I hope their is another one sometime in the future.

Who said we're running Nurburgring lol JK. Sign up for next Sunday's race, registration opens Monday....Strittan is the Series co-ordinator :)

That's increadibly fast, at least by my driving skills.

I have put quite a few laps in, and I have managed one 1'55.8 and one 1'55.9. I'm happy with a lap in 1'56.xxx but most times I lap 1'57 or 1'58. This is in free run. When racing, lap times often go up.

I also tested to run really long on one set of tires. At lap 13 the tires bars still showed roughly 1/4 left. At that stage I could hardly drive the car and lap times was quite a bit over 2 minutes. The tires seems to peak on lap 3 and grip starts to decrease after that.

Will make for an interesting pitstop strategy on Sunday. 1 or 2 stops ?

This. The difference between the tires in practise and the tires online is massive. First they're cold and slippery as a greasy weasel, then you get them up to temperature for a couple of laps and then they start to go away on you and you're going sideways around the corners.

I can't help but think that practise is simulating perfect temperature tyres and an empty tank, not a full one as the gauge shows. That would explain a lot.

I'll admit that in practice I am 1 sec slower than in the race. I started my own 20 lap race for tire testing, and on my 3rd or 4th lap I did the 2:05.xxx. I know there are drivers in the 2:04.xxx but I am happy, lets work the draft and not make a mistake.

Strittan, can we have the penalty start too? :)

There's also one tire wear factor some people don't take in to account. When running at a pace to get in to 1:55's you're putting a lot of strain on the front tires. The high speed zones leading in to a severe braking challenge are going to be much more difficult with worn out front tires.

Racing for the fastest lap and racing to conserve tires at a good pace are two different ball games.:)

This. The difference between the tires in practise and the tires online is massive. First they're cold and slippery as a greasy weasel, then you get them up to temperature for a couple of laps and then they start to go away on you and you're going sideways around the corners.

I can't help but think that practise is simulating perfect temperature tyres and an empty tank, not a full one as the gauge shows. That would explain a lot.

What I wrote before was all from running online. When free running online the tires behaves the same as when racing online. I have stoped doing practice in "practive mode". If I want to practice, I create a room myself and write in the headline "tuning - no race" so people don't join and expect something else.

I have started a group for those that are interested in this series. Hoping for Strittan's approval.

There's also one tire wear factor some people don't take in to account. When running at a pace to get in to 1:55's you're putting a lot of strain on the front tires. The high speed zones leading in to a severe braking challenge are going to be much more difficult with worn out front tires.

Racing for the fastest lap and racing to conserve tires at a good pace are two different ball games.:)

This is very interesting. I haven't tested it, but it would very good if it works this way. The few times I diven a longer distance I haven't noticed a different tirewear of the different tires. Also it be cool if you can conserve the tires by driving smoothly. I think I do a test and do donats for a minute and see if only the rear tires are gone.

This is very interesting. I haven't tested it, but it would very good if it works this way. The few times I diven a longer distance I haven't noticed a different tirewear of the different tires. Also it be cool if you can conserve the tires by driving smoothly. I think I do a test and do donats for a minute and see if only the rear tires are gone.

I'm not sure if this is fact, but anyone can test this out. Try spinning your tires out until it turns RED on the indicator on the bottom left. After that immediately try to take a corner and assess how difficult it is to maintain throttle during the corner. Most times people will spin out. If not you're probably going too slow!

What the above might indicate is that there may be an influence between front and rear tire wear during a race. When you watch your tires wear during online races you can force your front tires to wear out faster than the rears. I'm not sure how this'll adversely effect lap times but it may have a nice effect on a front runner being pressured by the racer behind him/her.

I have done this and the more your tires spin the faster they wear out. I burned up a set of racing softs in less than a minute.

I'm still stuck with 5/5 Mbit, so I wonder if you, RedSuinit can host the race instead? If you can, make sure you add everyone in the entry list in the first post.

Thanks in advance.

Back