Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
I've got a tyre question that I can't really workout for myself as I'm somewhat inconsistent going round the track.

I ran RM for 12 laps, and then RH another 12 for laps. (on average I'm 2 secs per lap slower on RH)

What I cant work out is when the tyres go off, because this happens...

after 5 laps on RM my lap times will begin to go up and then on lap 6/7 I'll pull out a purple lap.
and then, when i'm on RH I'll pull out a another purple lap.. which I can't beat again even if I switch back to RM

Fuel load is getting lighter hence the quicker lap times after burning off fuel

Yes, I had considered that, but unfortunately PD is so vague about what's simulated and what isn't.

So how do you know when the tires have gone off? is it purely by feel? I'm a bit hesitant to blame worn tires for sliding off when it's more likely to be my concentration or lack there off.

It is exactly my impression as well that PD is vague about what is being simulated. And the tires sometimes are a mistery for me too. Last week we had a race with Gr2s on Kyoto Combined II. On some sets of tires I was able to go 0.8 seconds faster than on others,always using RH. I did many laps for several days in preparation for the race and I'm positive that the difference is not caused by my driving. I also experienced this on other tracks. I think that the sets of tires can be different in quality and that also the lobbies do not always simulate the same level of grip. But I have never heard anything official about these things. Is that a bug of the game or is it intended? I guess it's a bug.

Last edited:
I won't be able to race today because my shoulder started hurting yesterday. I can barely lift my arm. Feels like my muscles have no strength. Sucks. :grumpy:

Well, the testing phase is at long last over for the Historic Series.
This week is about The Tour.
All drivers need to select their two cars prior to the half points race this Sunday. It will be a 90 minute race.
This series of races, Le Mans, German GP , and Fuji. Pick your cars accordingly.
This Wednesday we will test and do some stint races at Le Mans.
See ya.

guys today we will be holding short races ( 3 laps ) for you to test new cars. After the 1/2 point 90 minute race this Sunday, you need to post your two class choice which you will use for Le Mans, German F1, and Fuji.

Please talk to your friends to get them there. I will post on WRS and IRS.Mike can you post on Phillips group. Markus can you post on your F1 group.Zoppo can you post on Thunderclub. If we have two rooms we can probably have a German room...hopeful thinking perhaps.

Please talk to your friends to get them there. I will post on WRS and IRS.Mike can you post on Phillips group. Markus can you post on your F1 group.Zoppo can you post on Thunderclub. If we have two rooms we can probably have a German room...hopeful thinking perhaps.

I told my....frenemies :lol:

how about this.... corrections?

1983 le mans.jpg

The. World Tour and The Thunder Club present Le Mans this Sunday at 1330 Central and Next Sunday at the same time. Race length 90 minutes first and then next Sunday two and one half hours. .

This Sunday at 1330
Hosts @GTP_Nail , @Goldomor , and @ZOPPO GT
90 minutes at Le Mans
BOP’d Gr2 /Gr3 /and G4 cars.
Pro drivers in Gr 2 and Gr3. Ams in Gr4.
Mandatory 5 minute pit stops, one in the 90 minute race and two in the 2.5 hour race.
Safe, level headed drivers.
Ability levels...everybody. We have drivers from Alien to “not so fast”

2.5 hours at Le Mans
Same as 90 minute race with the addition of an additional 5 minute pit stop.

some room settings
Friends Only so fr the three hosts above
Tire wear3x and Fuel 2x
practice/qualify/endurance. for the 90 min race
practice/qualify/race for the 2.5 hour race
penalties Off

Read post #1 at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-endurance-world-tour-and-historic-racing-series.388889/. and-then post on that thread with questions and/or your car entry.

Last edited:
all cars are available because we do not limit them. Just go to the First post in our thread and the spoiler marked Cars to see the car’s allowable. BOP is the same as allowed when a room has BOP selected and it is under the Spoiler marked BOP.

all cars are available because we do not limit them. Just go to the First post in our thread and the spoiler marked Cars to see the car’s allowable. BOP is the same as allowed when a room has BOP selected and it is under the Spoiler marked BOP.

great! Let me test a few tonight - as of now I only intend to enter the two Le Mans races due to having extra time from the quarantine.

What is the process for finding out which room I am in?

Looking forward to racing with you guys

We all meet in the room labeled The Tour. If we have more than 13 entrants we open a second room incase we need to have a second . all newguys/girls fr the hosts. I’ll open the room at Noon Central for practice. Please be in the room by 1300. Qualifying starts at 1330

Despite the Chinese Fire Drill we had some Epic racing in both classes. In the Am class we had great dices up and down the grid. . For the first time we had a good Pro grid even if @Decambre95 was rusty;) (bet he’ll be up to speed next weekend!). The constant lappery added greatly to the G4 race. New guy https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/members/racefan88.214030/ (your link is strangely inop)and I had a great race at the end..I killed him in the corners with my “English Toaster” and he would walk away from me in the mid gears with his Mustang. The Toaster will sit out this series until we get to more twisty venues.

Everybody find someone else to make up a serious grid. @Revo 54 if you had entered the chat we would have restarted ( again). I will personally invite some WRS guys, but none of the IRS guys bothered to show ( again) @aceboy127 . Can one of you Continental guys talk to Bruno.

So off to the 2.5 hour next weekend. If we have fewer than 4 cars per class we will repeat the G2/G4 grid.

Remember, you will be locked into the car you drive next Sunday for Germany, and Fuji. Remember that Ams need to declare both G4 and 3 while Pros need to declare Groups 2 and 3.

cheers and check 6:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Despite the Chinese Fire Drill we had some Epic racing in both classes. In the Am class we had great dices up and down the grid. . For the first time we had a good Pro grid even if @Decambre95 was rusty;) (bet he’ll be up to speed next weekend!). The constant lappery added greatly to the G4 race. New guy @RaceFace85 and I had a great race at the end..I killed him in the corners with my “English Toaster” and he would walk away from me in the mid gears with his Mustang. The Toaster will sit out this series until we get to more twisty venues.

Everybody find someone else to make up a serious grid. @Revo 54 if you had entered the chat we would have restarted ( again). I will personally invite some WRS guys, but none of the IRS guys bothered to show ( again) @aceboy127 . Can one of you Continental guys talk to Bruno.

So off to the 2.5 hour next weekend. If we have fewer than 4 cars per class we will repeat the G2/G4 grid.

Remember, you will be locked into the car you drive next Sunday for Germany, and Fuji. Remember that Ams need to declare both G4 and 3 while Pros need to declare Groups 2 and 3.

cheers and check 6:gtpflag:

I wasn't in this race.

and remember @MasterGT has a race every Monday night . I’ll be there and if any of our Yanks can join also it would be great. Thanks for joining yesterday Master!

Thanks for the heads up. It was a fun race and spent quite a few laps sucking tailpipes with a few cars, but I have to stop making big tactical errors.

Back