Suzuka endurance feb. 24th - RM STI VS RM Evo

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 195 comments
I got the replay what lap should I look at?
Lap 1.
It's nothing to worry over, but it does look pretty brutal in the replay. And I don't think it made or broke anyone's race. Without real peripheral vision, those things will happen.

Personally, I use roof/hood view and it bothers me greatly racing close without having any idea who is behind or beside me. Why aren't there more mirrors?

Lap 1.
It's nothing to worry over, but it does look pretty brutal in the replay. And I don't think it made or broke anyone's race. Without real peripheral vision, those things will happen.

Personally, I use roof/hood view and it bothers me greatly racing close without having any idea who is behind or beside me. Why aren't there more mirrors?

I use the map to know where someone is beside me.

Jawehawk, great job of selecting like cars. I was skeptical at first, but they provided excellent racing, for sure.
I'm looking forward to what you might have on your mind for the next race.

Out of curiosity, why the limits on power modifications and other mods?
I've always thought the RM cars really aren't race cars in the true sense because the only power mod is the racing exhaust. Otherwise they have the same power as the production model.
Ideally you could block specific tuning mods in the Race Setup menu, but as it is, there's no way to police anything.

Jawehawk
Race has ended. Results are as follows.

1: Skengdigi
2: ADR_BRONCO + 01.165
3: gprili + 22.590
4: FakegangstaDIE + 52.734
5: MattieM + 1.40.003
6: Crowhop78 + 2.52.536
7: Johnwells67 + ?
8: Andy-Macnab + 4 laps

100% PoS rain throughout the entire race.
Wow, 100% rain for the entire race :embarrassed: good job I didn't run it, never got round to wet testing :lol:
Jawehawk
A little info on what I have in mind for my next events.
Monaco and Fuji Speedway.
A Monaco race I would be interested in, Fuji is not a favorite track of mine but if there was a good selection of cars then I'd probably run 👍

I didn't allow any additional parts, as I simply did not see a reason for it. The increase in aero, decrease in weight, and the added race parts does result and fast cars compared to their stock counterparts.

I want to thank everyone for participating, even though the race didn't quite turn out so well for some of us. Also thanks for the compliments I've recieved throughout the thread. It's good to see the time being put into the evetns isn't waisted. 👍

I have a couple of ideas for cars being used in the new events, and hope to have figured something out by tomorrow. Will of course also spend a little time wathcing the live stream of the GT5 24H race. Now that's commitment. :)

Jawehawk
I didn't allow any additional parts, as I simply did not see a reason for it. The increase in aero, decrease in weight, and the added race parts does result and fast cars compared to their stock counterparts.

I want to thank everyone for participating, even though the race didn't quite turn out so well for some of us. Also thanks for the compliments I've recieved throughout the thread. It's good to see the time being put into the evetns isn't waisted. 👍

I have a couple of ideas for cars being used in the new events, and hope to have figured something out by tomorrow. Will of course also spend a little time wathcing the live stream of the GT5 24H race. Now that's commitment. :)

+1 on the praise, always a good race when your the host. Looking forward to the idea 👍

I had such high expectations for this race, but it became a huge dissapointment. Crashing into gprilli in first lap basically ruined it. But thats racing and this time luck wasn't on my side. Being upset about the crash i wasn't focussed and drove very inconsistently with a lot of errors. This is something i need to improve i guess. Having rain all the time doesn't made it more fun to drive either.

I've taken a look at the replay at the crash part in first lap and saw gprilli acting really stupid. While traffic was coming towards him, he decides to turn on the track. My crash with him probably was inevitable, but by turning on track he blocked the way for someone (crowhop i think) and resulted in an unnecessary crash. Off course, its easy to talk afterwards, but next time be more carefull in those situations. I hope the next race will be more joyfull.

Gprilli is a great driver , better than me I've always thought and he did make a mistake but it wasn't intentional .

I saw it happen before it happened if you know what I mean , it was when the track just lost its grip and he uspun , in those situations its a split second decision either to hit gas or brake or reverse , just a error on his part but as well know that's just racing .

It was a great race , would have been better in the dry , I like rain but not when it never stops but we can't predict or control these things.

Andy send me a pm whenever you organize another event

Thanks Andy for organizing last nights race, it was still good even though it rained from the start!!!

I will look at the crash at Degner, I know I got pushed from behind and went off. When I rejoined the crash had all ready happened.

I use the top car view, when racing in the rain, so wasn't able to see anyone behind me at that moment and I never use track map.

The only mistake I made was 1st pit stop, where I went out SS instead of wets.

But sign me up for the next race.

Anybody know who the Degner part is named after and what they did????

Thanks Andy for organizing last nights race, it was still good even though it rained from the start!!!

I will look at the crash at Degner, I know I got pushed from behind and went off. When I rejoined the crash had all ready happened.

I use the top car view, when racing in the rain, so wasn't able to see anyone behind me at that moment and I never use track map.

The only mistake I made was 1st pit stop, where I went out SS instead of wets.

But sign me up for the next race.

A motorcycle rider named Ernst Degner crashed there years ago and got badly burnt in the explosion , since then they named the corners after him .

Yeah, most of the named turns on famous old tracks are named after drivers who died there. One example is Ascari at Monza.

I've set up a race for this Tuesday night and the next Sunday night. Would like to have every one of you, if you're interested.
You can find the threads in this section.

Here's my idea for the next event. Participants will get to choose any street car from a designated list of manufacturers, and then be free to tune it to a certain BHP(320 HP sounds good) and weight(1250 perhaps) limit. Of course, the power limiter will be prohibited.

The race will be held on 3 or 4 different tracks, with the focus shifting from speed to cornering ability. Allowing for tactics regarding car performance on certain tracks, while sacrificing the chance of winning on another.

All drivers must run with the same setup for each track, and suspension tuning will be limited to just height adjustment. Furthermore, there will be no tuning of transmissions and LSDs.

The tracks I had in mind are Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring GP/F and Spa Circuit. Then perhaps finish with some laps on the Nordsleife. To add some excitement, we could have a point system for each finishing position. 1st place could give 20 points. 15 points for 2nd, and so on.

What do you all think? Sounds intriguing? Obviously an event like this will take a lot of testing to make for a fair race. So I'll wait on feedback before I get started.

Last edited:
I've set up a race for this Tuesday night and the next Sunday night. Would like to have every one of you, if you're interested.
SOrry, I can't do these. The times are not really any good for me, college early the monring after each race and they would finish with me getting about 4 hours sleep :scared: :lol:
Here's my idea for the next event. Participants will get to choose any street car from a designated list of manufacturers, and then be free to tune it to a certain BHP(320 HP sounds good) and weight(1250 perhaps) limit. Of course, the power limiter will be prohibited.

The race will be held on 3 or 4 different tracks, with the focus shifting from speed to cornering ability. Allowing for tactics regarding car performance on certain tracks, while sacrificing the chance of winning on another.

All drivers must run with the same setup for each track, and suspension tuning will be limited to just height adjustment. Furthermore, there will be no tuning of transmissions and LSDs.

The tracks I had in mind are Fuji Speedway, Nurburgring GP/F and Spa Circuit. Then perhaps finish with some laps on the Nordsleife. To add some excitement, we could have a point system for each finishing position. 1st place could give 20 points. 15 points for 2nd, and so on.

What do you all think? Sounds intriguing? Obviously an event like this will take a lot of testing to make for a fair race. So I'll wait on feedback before I get started.
Sounds good, I'd more than likely be up for this, keep me posted on how testing goes and so on 👍

Cool Crow I will look at thread. Thats sounds good Andy.

I know about Ernst Degner, didn't know it was here he crashed. He was from East Germany and raced for MZ. The race manager at MZ was Walter Kaaden who had worked on V1 Rockets. He made the 250cc 2 stoke motorcycle reach speeds of 155mph, by the use of expansion pipes and other tuning. Degner defected, sold MZs go faster secrets to Suzuki, then the Japaness started to win races.

If you want more info on how Kaaden did this and it worked then look on internet. You will find some really good drawings, explaining it. Much more than the space I have to write here.

I like the sound of it.

I'll call the '61 Jaguar E-Type...ha...if it's on the list.
No idea if it would be fast enough, but good fun to drive.

SOrry, I can't do these. The times are not really any good for me, college early the monring after each race and they would finish with me getting about 4 hours sleep :scared: :lol:
The blasted time zones prevent a lot of good racing.

I like the sound of it.

I'll call the '61 Jaguar E-Type...ha...if it's on the list.
No idea if it would be fast enough, but good fun to drive.

That car is a real beauty. Was one of my first cars in the game :).
A real shame it isn't premium.

Yeah, most of the named turns on famous old tracks are named after drivers who died there. One example is Ascari at Monza.

Got this from Wiki,

In November 1963, Degner crashed his Suzuki 250cc racer at the Japanese Grand Prix held at the Suzuka Circuit. The fuel tank burst into flames and Degner suffered horrific burns which required over fifty skin grafts. As a mark of respect, the double-apex right-hand curves past the esses where Degner had crashed so badly were named Degner Curve.

By the way, Mr Host, what weather settings did you use for this race?

Last edited:
Surface and weather set to 0, with changeability set to 5. The weather is completely random.

Yea, for the endurance races that I host I set the weather to 50 and 5. Seems to be random most of the time... but at times, like what happened in this race it just rains forever! lol

I like your concept Jawehawk. It's going to be quite a challenge to find cars that will be fairly balanced. That what i liked in last race (well, leave out the rain and the crash.... basically the whole race :( ).

I can't find the treads about this, do you have a link or more info? I might join tomorrow, sunday is not possible for me.

This is the list of cars I've come up with so far. Tracks are still Fuji, Nurburgring GP/F, Spa Circuit and Nordsleife.
I could use help with testing if anyone is availible.

The time for each race should be about 1 hour.

Tuning rules: The following modifications are allowed.
Weight reduction by any means available, though no rigidity improvement.
Every tuning part under engine, intake and exhaust is allowed.
The low RPM range Turbo is allowed.
Changing the Clutch and Flywheel is allowed.
The fixed and height adjusted suspension kit is allowed.
Tires will be sport hard/medium, and rain tires on Spa, if need arise.
No aero parts, transmission, fully custom suspension, or LSD of any kind, is allowed.
Participants will be allowed to add 25kg ballast.

MR cars:
Acura NSX – 270BHP/7100RPM, 1365kg.
Lotus Evora – 276BHP/6400RPM, 1382kg.
Renault Clio Sport – 229BHP/6000RPM, 1335kg.
Regulations: Max 300BHP. Minimum 1300kg.

FR cars:
BMW Z4 – 227BHP/5900RPM, 1365kg.
BMW 135I Coupe – 301BHP/5800RPM, 1560kg.
Infiniti G35 Coupe – 297BHP/6400RPM, 1598kg.
Jaguar XK Coupe – 299BHP/6000RPM, 1690kg.
Mazda RX8 – 246BHP/8500RPM, 1310kg.
Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX – 276BHP/6400RPM, 1510kg.
Toyota Supra Turbo – 266BHP, 1530kg.
Regulations: Max 315BHP. Minimum 1300kg.

FF cars:
Citroen C4 Coupe – 177BHP/7000RPM, 1330kg.
Ford Focus – 221BHP/6000RPM, 1430kg.
Ford Mustang V8 – 299BHP/5750RPM, 1630kg.
Mazda Atenza Sport – 167BHP/600RPM, 1470kg.
Mini Cooper Countryman – 181BHP/5500RPM, 1310kg.
Renault Megane Sport – 220BHP/5500RPM, 1400kg.
Volvo C30 – 226BHP/5000RPM, 1430kg.
Volkswagen Golf V ’05 – 197BHP/5100RPM, 1336kg.
Volkswagen Scirocco R – 252BHP/6000RPM, 1410kg.
Regulations: Max 320BHP. Minimum 1300kg.

AWD cars:
Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 – 256BHP/6300RPM, 1750kg.
Audi TT ’03, ’07, ’09 – 246BHP/6300RPM – 268BHP/6000RPM, 1520kg – 1415kg.
Lancia Delta HF – 207BHP/5750RPM, 1350kg.
Nissan Skyline GT-R ’94, ’97 – 276BHP/6800RPM, 1500 – 1540kg.
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution ’96, ’05, ‘07 – 276BHP/6500RPM, 1350kg – 1540kg.
Subaru Impreza Sedan ’05, ’10 – 276BHP/6400RPM – 303BHP/6400RPM, 1390kg – 1490kg.
Subaru Impreza WRX ’07 – 303BHP/6400RPM, 1470kg.
Volkswagen Golf R ’10 – 252BHP/6000RPM, 1530kg.
Regulations: Max 315BHP. Minimum 1350kg.

Last edited:
This is the list of cars I've come up with so far. Tracks are still Fuji, Nurburgring GP/F, Spa Circuit and Nordsleife.
I could use help with testing if anyone is availible.

The car lists look pretty good, i'll help you with the testing of them if you wish. Tell me which ones I need and ill buy and tune the the specific requirements you state here 👍 👍

Last edited:
Could you please not quote the entire thing :).
Taking up and awful lot of space.

Results from testing the VW Scirocco, Mazda RX8, Ford Mustang and BMW Z4. The Mustang is pretty much useless. In came in last at the speed test in all categories except G force(3rd). The RX8 and Scirocco are very close. Both have good acceleration, though the VW has trouble distributing all its power to the front wheels, resulting in increased tire wear. The BMW Z4 is pretty good all round, though lack any real advantage.

BTW. I want to remind everyone to take into account the extra HP your cars will get when braking in.
Don't tune it to be right on the limit of the restriction.

Last edited:
Im sorry guys I cant take part in this new championship your doing but if you do have any more one make races like the last 2 I have taken part in , send me a pm.

You guys have fun .

I can help with some testing as well, but i can't do it any sooner then next week. Are you testing only on the test course?

I can help with some testing as well, but i can't do it any sooner then next week. Are you testing only on the test course?

Nope. Though I use the test course for basic comparison. After that I take the cars to the Nurburgring GP/F.

Back