Suzuka endurance feb. 24th - RM STI VS RM Evo

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 195 comments
Jawehawk
Nope. Though I use the test course for basic comparison. After that I take the cars to the Nurburgring GP/F.

If you give me a list of cars then I'll lap them on the GP/F track for you đź‘Ť

If you give me a list of cars then I'll lap them on the GP/F track for you đź‘Ť

Well, I don't want to force any cars on your :).
Though you're more than welcome to pick any that you like, and then just post them on here, so everyone can see what cars are still left.

How would you all like it if only 1 of each model was allowed into the race? This would of course result in a varied grid, as well as making sure that we don't see one car model dominating the race.

Would it be possible for some of you to join me online for testing, at 12.00GMT on saturday?

Last edited:
How would you all like it if only 1 of each model was allowed into the race? This would of course result in a varied grid, as well as making sure that we don't see one car model dominating the race.

But what if there's one car which is faster than the others, it would still dominate the races. It would not be fair for the other participants.

Maybe this concept will be something of use:

If there are x participants, there will be x different cars available and x races in the championship. The participants have to drive each car once in this championship. This eliminates car to car variations as everyone will get the chance to drive the quickest car, and of course have to drive with the slowest car.

The next bit would be interesting, but is only possible if all the races will be held on the same track for fair comparison:

Besides recieving points for a certain ranking of each race, bonus points will be given to the one who established the fastest lap time per car model.

Just sharing some thoughts...

But what if there's one car which is faster than the others, it would still dominate the races. It would not be fair for the other participants.

It's just no fun when you have half or more people, choosing the same car just because it's slightly faster. Having only one of each car model in the grid, means that you won't have all the fastest drivers in the fastest cars.

Will you be attending on saturday?

Last edited:
It's just no fun when you have half or more people, choosing the same car just because it's slightly faster. Having only one of each car model in the grid, means that you won't have all the fastest drivers in the fastest cars.

Will you be attending tommorow?

Haven't checked back in this thread for a while. Are you hosting another STI vs EVO race tommorow?

Haven't checked back in this thread for a while. Are you hosting another STI vs EVO race tommorow?

Hell no! :)

Testing for the next race. Read the two large posts from me on the previous page.

Will you be attending tommorow?

I'd rather have a full grid of the same cars and have good battles/close racing than a various grid with no battles/close racing. Of course, for people who can't keep up with the fastest one is frustrating. I don't mind driving a slower car, but there's always one fast guy with the fastest car so any chance of victory is gone then.

I might be able to join tomorrow, i'm going away this weekend but i don't know if i'll leave tomorrow or saturday.

It's on saturday. And I won't limit the number of car models then.

You're the host and may modify the rules to your likings, i'll adapt to that. Plus, i think i was the only one who responded to your idea. Maybe the cars in the list are well balanced to each other and is my reasoning a little exaggerated. After the testing phase is completed, you can ask that question again.

I won't be joining tonight as i am about to leave my house. I'll see you next week then.

Guess what guys? I've been configuring my router and internet connection and I managed to squeeze a NAT Type 1 connection (!).

009.jpg

Hopefully you can host another race like this Jawehawk, and I'll be able to connect to everybody :sly:đź‘Ť .

Back