Suzuka endurance feb. 24th - RM STI VS RM Evo

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 195 comments
Team Subaru must take their revenge by winning the race. lol,
Anyway are we going to have race quality set to very high?

Also I just got a 2.14.058 (no draft)

A 2.14!!! Your gotta be joking.

Your on team scooby right? :lol:

I did an engine rebuild this weekend for the evo, it maxxes out at 324 hp. I managed a 2:14:0xx as well, next lap was 0,3 sec faster at first interval but screwed up the part after that :(. Sub 2:14 is definetly possible and maybe in the actual race itself, with the tank being emptyed, perhaps low 2:13's on a set of fresh tyres.

By the way, if damage is on high, does this affect your power output? Maybe its just me, but after crashing (or playing bumper cars in the countdown to start of race) with engine damage the power output decreases. I'm not talking about the actual damage at that moment, but also after it is fixed. Oil looks as new to me if i look in GT auto.

By the way, if damage is on high, does this affect your power output? Maybe its just me, but after crashing (or playing bumper cars in the countdown to start of race) with engine damage the power output decreases. I'm not talking about the actual damage at that moment, but also after it is fixed. Oil looks as new to me if i look in GT auto.

In theory, if your car obtains any dents, or if your bumper comes lose. You'll experience a decrease in aerodynamic efficiency, which could lead to slightly worse acceleration and cornering. There's been talk on the forum about whether this actually has an effect in the game. I think it does.

However, nothing that happens before the race should effect your car in the race. As far as I know, any and all damage obtained while free roaming, is gone when the race starts.

Room is now up btw.

I did an engine rebuild this weekend for the evo, it maxxes out at 324 hp. I managed a 2:14:0xx as well, next lap was 0,3 sec faster at first interval but screwed up the part after that :(. Sub 2:14 is definetly possible and maybe in the actual race itself, with the tank being emptyed, perhaps low 2:13's on a set of fresh tyres.

I've heard that fuel in your tank doesn't add to your weight. Also so far my sti has reached 329 HP. Also when I took damage in practice session to my right rear I was able to still get 2.16s, the damage was minimal but it only slowed me down about 2 secs per lap.

Good practice Session, the field looks pretty even however for some reason some people are struggling to keep up with Mattie and me, I don't understand why unless we both are cheating :sly:

Sorry for not being able to practice with you guys. Just that the week´s been a nightmayer at work. Any session coming up before the race? I did a re-arrange of my working schedule so I don´t have any hours before Sunday.

can I join the race?

car: RM Subaru Impreza '05
PSN id: gprili
number: 80
car color: Havanna

Last edited:
I saw the replay and MSTER wasn't respecting anyone's driving line. I was a little ahead of him entering the first s curve and I am hitting the rumble strip, racing on the most inside line because I know he is on the outside and he cuts down all the way and hits the right side of the hind hard enough to cause damage.

I've contacted MSTER about it, and there's no need to bring it up in the thread. I've driven with MSTER a good deal, and know him to be a fair and clean driver. I have told him to be a bit less aggressive, and that's all that needs to be done IMO.

Please send any complaints to me by PM. There's no need to put anyone on display in the thread.

The last practice session is on wednsday at 19.00GMT. We will be driving in both dry and wet conditions. I hope to see a near full grid there, as it would be nice to practice the S-curves with as many cars as possible. It's a very difficult set of turns for a close grid, so practice is needed!

You're more than welcome to join Gippone. Remember to join the next practice session.

The last practice session is on wednsday at 19.00GMT. We will be driving in both dry and wet conditions. I hope to see a near full grid there, as it would be nice to practice the S-curves with as many cars as possible. It's a very difficult set of turns for a close grid, so practice is needed!

You're more than welcome to join Gippone. Remember to join the next practice session.

I'll be there on wednesday :) just a question: since we're going to use all 3 Sport tires as well as intermediate and rain tires, you cannot lock the limits to Sport Softs because with this we will not be able to use intermediate and rain tires. Right? You will have to limits the tires to Racing Hard to have the possibility to use intermediate and rain. Am I correct?

I'll be there on wednesday :) just a question: since we're going to use all 3 Sport tires as well as intermediate and rain tires, you cannot lock the limits to Sport Softs because with this we will not be able to use intermediate and rain tires. Right? You will have to limits the tires to Racing Hard to have the possibility to use intermediate and rain. Am I correct?

Yes, you are correct. Of course if I spot someone using Racing tires(other than those designed for wet conditions), they will be banned from any future events of mine. It is a small oversight on PD's behalf, I'd say.

Ill join tonight, still havent run the cars in the rain. Not worried a great deal though as the Subaru is a rally car. What a little puddle going to do :lol:

Ill join tonight, still havent run the cars in the rain. Not worried a great deal though as the Subaru is a rally car. What a little puddle going to do :lol:

The practice is on WEDNSDAY! :)
Nothing is happening tonight.

Since Sport tires have tread and grip in the rain, I don't think it is necessary or proper to allow Racing Rain tires. Just my opinion.

Since Sport tires have tread and grip in the rain, I don't think it is necessary or proper to allow Racing Rain tires. Just my opinion.

have you tried driving either of the two cars online, in rainy conditions? The cars have a very hard time finding grip of track surface has gone past 30%.

Trust me. We need the rain tires. :)

I've heard that fuel in your tank doesn't add to your weight.

A while ago we had a endurance race on Monza. I was driving the SLS AMG, and as the tank became more empty i lapped quicker times, my fastest lap also was near the end of the race. Maybe i learned to drive better over time, but before the race i've practised pretty much. Can't really tell what was going on.

Good practice Session, the field looks pretty even however for some reason some people are struggling to keep up with Mattie and me, I don't understand why unless we both are cheating :sly:

Last race was epic, i hope that will be the same case in the race itself. All the way to the checkered flag.

About mster, i had good and fair races/battles with him. I know he can drive clean and fair (fast is another thing... :):sly:). In one of the races however he suddenly decides to use the handbrake to get around corners, which were kind of a surprise for me and i needed a few evasive manoeuvres to avoid collisions. If he won't do that kind of stuff again i know its going to be all right.

Troll mode enabled:

Trust me. We need the rain tires.

I think you need racing softs as well :)

Troll mode disabled

The AWD makes it easier to drive in the wet, but i agree with you on this one.

Ohh, I'm so ramming you next practice! IT... IS... ON!

I better be carefull when i'm lapping you then :nervous::lol:

Its been a long time ago for me since i drove on RS's. I do use them on high powered racing cars, and also in on-line lobbies since there are very few with tire restrictions. I also like to hot lap the nordschleife on SH's with supercars.

Yesterday I tried a few laps for setups in dry situation. Room quality Very High right? Sport Soft tires
I started with 2.16 than progressed to 2.13.400, is that good?

Cool photos Andy I can't make tonights practice, I have a meeting.

Best lap so far 2.19, I might beable to get to 18.

2:13:xx is a good time indeed. Last (on line) practise session i lapped a 2:13:3 something in free run. ADR_bronco lapped a 2:13:1xx in the race while slipstreaming me. Best " wet" time for me so far is a high 2:23 i believe. I'll be joining tonight, but probably not directly at 19:00 gmt.

See ya.

Room is up. Hope to see a lot of people today. This is the last practice session, so if you haven't joined one of those yet, this is your last chance to get approved for the race.

Dammit my internet has been out all day. Some maintenance guy broke the data line at the main circuit board. Sorry. I guess I´m out.

Last practice session has ended, and with it, ends the ability for anyone to sign up to this event. If everyone who are currently signed up participates on friday, we should have a nice race with 10 participants.

Please remember to upload your cars in GT5, so I can check that they fit regulations. This needs to be done before the event on friday!

On a final note. I HATE DEGNER IN WET CONDITIONS! Over and out.

The room is still up, if your internet is up and running now.

Sorry I was using my phone to post that. I guess I will attend any future races. Just hate the outcome because I really wanted to be in this race. :banghead: But anyhow, I wish you guys a nice clean and fun race! :)

Please remember to upload your cars in GT5, so I can check that they fit regulations. This needs to be done before the event on friday!

I've shared it... take a look :)

Back