Suzuka endurance feb. 24th - RM STI VS RM Evo

• Thread starter Jawehawk
  • 195 comments
I won't be able to make it to any of those practices, unless they are one hour later.

So if I host the sessions at 13.00GMT next weekend, you can make it?
Or are you talking about the sessions held on work days?

An hour and 10 minutes of practising on my own, and I'm officially bored :).
I did manage a new personal record of 2.18.998 though.

Practice has ended. Next practice is on wednsday at 18.00GMT. Hope to see some of you there.

Last edited:
So if I host the sessions at 13.00GMT next weekend, you can make it?
Or are you talking about the sessions held on work days?

I am available on the weekends at any time almost. so if you have one I will attend, this weekend was bad for me because I lost a save and didn't have my car for the Saturday practice and I just forgot about Sunday.

OK, so here's a complete list of upcoming practice sessions. I'm moving the session on wednsday back an hour, as I suspect 18.00GMT might be too early for some of you folks. I will host sessions both saturday and sunday at 12.00GMT. Next week will have a total of two sessions being held on monday/wednsday at 19.00GMT.

Jawehawk
OK, so here's a complete list of upcoming practice sessions. I'm moving the session on wednsday back an hour, as I suspect 18.00GMT might be too early for some of you folks. I will host sessions both saturday and sunday at 12.00GMT. Next week will have a total of two sessions being held on monday/wednsday at 19.00GMT.

Is there anyone else running a practice today? If not I may host if anyone will join.

Edit: If I host I may do some wet running. Haven't tried that yet 👍

m8h3r
Is there anyone else running a practice today? If not I may host if anyone will join.

Edit: If I host I may do some wet running. Haven't tried that yet 👍

I'll join shortly if you have a room up

Next practice is on wednsday at 18.00GMT. Hope to see some of you there.

I can't join any sooner then 19:00 - 19:30 GMT, i'm at the fitness club on monday and wednesday. I would have joined yesterday, but the lobby was already closed by the time i was on-line.

I'll be joining the practise session this evening too m8h3r. I'll keep an eye on this page.

I can't join any sooner then 19:00 - 19:30 GMT, i'm at the fitness club on monday and wednesday. I would have joined yesterday, but the lobby was already closed by the time i was on-line.

I'll be joining the practise session this evening too m8h3r. I'll keep an eye on this page.

Read my latest post mate :). I've already addressed the time by pushing all the practice sessions on work days, 1 hour back. So all sessions held on work days, will be opened at 19.00GMT from now on.

Sorry guys, wont be hosting one today. Put my back out and finding it really uncomfotable to sit in one place for more than a few minutes.

An hour and 10 minutes of practising on my own, and I'm officially bored :).
I did manage a new personal record of 2.18.998 though.

Practice has ended. Next practice is on wednsday at 18.00GMT. Hope to see some of you there.

I'm actually going out for the day on Wednesday, if I come back early enough I'll come 👍 .

Any Finns allowed to join? :D
If so, count me in at least for the weekend practices.
Looking forward for my boss to tell me my working shift for the remaining February.

RattijuoppoFIN
Any Finns allowed to join? :D
If so, count me in at least for the weekend practices.
Looking forward for my boss to tell me my working shift for the remaining February.

Wait Finnish Guy+Rally car= DOMINATION *rage face* :lol:

RattijuoppoFIN
:sly:
I'm flattered. :D

Nah actually thinking about using the Evo with an FR car setup... If that's allowed.

All questions would be best answered by Jawehawk. Would hate to give false information out 👍

:sly:
I'm flattered. :D

Nah actually thinking about using the Evo with an FR car setup... If that's allowed.

You are more than welcome to join :).

I'll just quote part of the OP.
"You may not add any tuning parts other than what came with the RM. Participants are free to tune the transmission, suspension, aerodynamics, ballast and YAW control(exclusive to the Lancer). If you drive without ABS, you may also change the brake bias. All aids except ABS are disabled."

In other words. If you can tune it to drive like an FR car without the LSD, then be my guest :D.

Unless I missed it in the original post, will driving aides be accepted (Skid Recovery, Active Steering, ASM, Driving Line, Traction Control, ABS)?

Also, it says weather will be ON. What will the Weather, Weather Changeability and Surface Water settings be?

And for the Event Settings, what will the settings be (Boost, Penalty, Slipstream Strength, Grip Reduction)?

I assume all of these will be set to as realistic as possible, but want to make sure.

Thanks...looking forward to practice this afternoon.

And I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but I will definitely be in this. My new work schedule is much, much, much better.

All aids except ABS are disabled. Furthermore, you may only change the brake bias if you have ABS disabled.

Track surface and condition will start completely dry, with the chance of change being set to 10.

My events are always as realistic as possible, so grip is set to realistic, boost and penalties are off, and slipstream is weak.

Good to hear about your work schedule :).

All aids except ABS are disabled. Furthermore, you may only change the brake bias if you have ABS disabled.

Track surface and condition will start completely dry, with the chance of change being set to 10.

My events are always as realistic as possible, so grip is set to realistic, boost and penalties are off, and slipstream is weak.

Good to hear about your work schedule :).
Good deal. I assumed this was the case. But just wanted to make sure.
Thanks.

Practice opens in less than an hour, right?

Practice session opens in little less than an hour and 30 minutes. I moved it back 1 hour, as it was a little early for a good deal of the participants.

You are more than welcome to join :).

I'll just quote part of the OP.
"You may not add any tuning parts other than what came with the RM. Participants are free to tune the transmission, suspension, aerodynamics, ballast and YAW control(exclusive to the Lancer). If you drive without ABS, you may also change the brake bias. All aids except ABS are disabled."

In other words. If you can tune it to drive like an FR car without the LSD, then be my guest :D.

Ok thanks for the info... 👍

About tonights practice, I hate typing on the wheel so I type here instead.

When doing short practiceraces I like to race with other cars around me, it really helps me learning racecraft. Run around and chase laptimes I can do by myself. I don't necessarily race to win so If I somehow get a gap I usually slow down a little just to get a better practice. I hope noone gets upset with that.

What's keeping me from signing up to this race is the length. If it rains much it could last up to 90 minutes, maybe a bit more? I'm not sure I can sit in the couch for that long.

What's keeping me from signing up to this race is the length. If it rains much it could last up to 90 minutes, maybe a bit more? I'm not sure I can sit in the couch for that long.

Aye, that's why I called it an endurance race :).

I hope you decide to race with us. Endurance races can be really intense, and the more participants, the better.

When doing short practiceraces I like to race with other cars around me, it really helps me learning racecraft. Run around and chase laptimes I can do by myself. I don't necessarily race to win so If I somehow get a gap I usually slow down a little just to get a better practice. I hope noone gets upset with that.

Wasnt you in the last endurance held by Jawehawk? 40 laps of nur in the golfs lasted longer.

I have a spare keyboard and keep it plugged into the PS3 just for those type of situations.

I'll be online tomorrow (today, depending on your location) around the same time. So, if you want to race some more, let me know.

Back