Suzuki Swift Challenge|Congrats Neljack!

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 757 comments

What track should we race for round 4?

• Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Carbonox
A friend of mine got DC'd from our co-op about 5 times in 10 minutes...

Oh not good.. Racer Paul got DC'd 20 times in 5 minutes with PD servers :dopey:

But EA servers are bad enough considering if you buy the game second hand you have to pay for a online pass:/

Gt5 probably has the worst servers in the world.. *sigh*

I have come from an IL2 background and they do have their own servers (Ubisoft) but a lot of squads have their own servers which are completely independent thus not having the issues of a big server. So you would think that someone hosing a private game on their own PS3 would not have any issues.

Let’s hope the "zone monster" is sleeping on Friday!

Oh not good.. Racer Paul got DC'd 20 times in 5 minutes with PD servers :dopey:

But EA servers are bad enough considering if you buy the game second hand you have to pay for a online pass:/

WHAT! Sorry but I haven't bought an EA game in two years but I'm going to buy Madden NFL 12 preowned but if I buy it, I have to pay for online? :ill:

You still starting this series tomorrow, if so might be a good chance I cant make tomorrow but will try

Chqr
WHAT! Sorry but I haven't bought an EA game in two years but I'm going to buy Madden NFL 12 preowned but if I buy it, I have to pay for online? :ill:

Yep.. There's a online pass inside FIFA anyway and if it's used it costs €7.99 for a new one..

Are we all set? Can't wait 'till tomorrow :D (For me, anyway) :lol:

BTW, are we allowed to change the paint and wheels of our Swift, and can we have any sort of carbon bonnet, or does it have to be unpainted?

SVX
Are we all set? Can't wait 'till tomorrow :D (For me, anyway) :lol:

BTW, are we allowed to change the paint and wheels of our Swift, and can we have any sort of carbon bonnet, or does it have to be unpainted?

Yes, to both, but a real car-lover would prefer the unpainted carbon, up to you though.👍

HSV-010
Yes, to both, but a real car-lover would prefer the unpainted carbon, up to you though.👍

Gotta go buy me a swift.. To go beside my new Vanquish.. :sly:

mattymc96
Gotta go buy me a swift.. To go beside my new Vanquish.. :sly:

EDIT: Just reserving champion yellow for both body and rims:sly:

Carbonox
Edit fail... or maybe it was deliberate to get more posts :mischievous:

It was a fail.. Hopefully a mod will clean it up if one passes through..

On another note, I got a 1:35.793 on autumn ring.. Quiet happy if I say so myself :dopey:

Well, I guess I'm out to my piece of crap connection. Says it's at 60% connection then it says it's at 100%. I was having so much fun as well, not coming last by 100 seconds.

You can't imagine how sad, angry and peeved I am.

:banghead:

It was a fail.. Hopefully a mod will clean it up if one passes through..

On another note, I got a 1:35.793 on autumn ring.. Quiet happy if I say so myself :dopey:

I can't help but brag about my 1'34.0 :sly:

SVX
Well, I guess I'm out to my piece of crap connection. Says it's at 60% connection then it says it's at 100%. I was having so much fun as well, not coming last by 100 seconds.

You can't imagine how sad, angry and peeved I am.

:banghead:

Such a shame, but I don't think it's worth your time getting up at 9 in the morning and getting disconnected.:( You're in if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Anyway, bad news was we didn't race for points due to poor connections, the good news is we did have epic racing, mostly lag-free(there was a couple of moments) and no serious incidents, after the races, FlyingFox, Carbonox and I stayed around and tested for an Eiger replacement, the track is all right, but even with 3 of us there was some contact, we also tried Special Stage Route 5, and Clubman Stage Route 5, I think SSR5 was better, but my wheel cut out in the last couple of corners of Clubman so I didn't experience battling in that section, I'll put up a vote for everyone now.👍

I thought that the whole series had moved a week later, not just missing out the first race. So I had been practising trial mountain all week !

Before we started and folk were saying they were getting 1:35's I was shocked, best I'd managed on trial mountain was 1:47. I thought "how can using a wheel make you 12seconds faster a lap? I'm gonna get lapped here!"

Then to track and wtf, where am I? Autumn Ring is the one track I never really liked or took time to learn on previous GT's.

Ah well, I was holding a good fight for last!

T.

A great night.

My first online GT5 race and surprisingly I did not disgrace myself LOL.

My thanks to Matty in the first race for some excellent racing. We traded 4th and a little paint, more times than I can remember, but very courteous driving from Matty

Also a shout out to DarkTom in the second race for keeping me honest and pushing me to the chequered flag.

Great evening Akmuq, Looking forward to next week and earning some points.

Ed

P.S. Is there a post race report for the Swift Challenge?

Last edited:
I thought that the whole series had moved a week later, not just missing out the first race. So I had been practising trial mountain all week !

Before we started and folk were saying they were getting 1:35's I was shocked, best I'd managed on trial mountain was 1:47. I thought "how can using a wheel make you 12seconds faster a lap? I'm gonna get lapped here!"

Then to track and wtf, where am I? Autumn Ring is the one track I never really liked or took time to learn on previous GT's.

Ah well, I was holding a good fight for last!

T.
No mate, you must be thinking of something else, we don't do Trial Mountain in the Suzuki Swift's, anyway, we'll start it properly next week at Autumn Ring again(Sorry that you hate the track, but it's on the schedule.:P)
A great night.

My first online GT5 race and surprisingly I did not disgrace myself LOL.

My thanks to Matty in the first race for some excellent racing. We traded 4th and a little paint, more times than I can remember, but very courteous driving from Matty

Also a shout out to DarkTom in the second race for keeping me honest and pushing me to the chequered flag.

Great evening Akmuq, Looking forward to next week and earning some points.

Ed

P.S. Is there a post race report for the Swift Challenge?

I should get a race report of at least the first one, hopefully the second one as well.👍

Just if your wondering, if last night's points counted, Carbon would have 28, I'd have 27 and I think chrisjohnson would be 3rd but I didn't check his points.

Pole was carbon, race 1 fastest lap was Eclat, race 2 was chrisjohnson.👍

I gave a vote to SSR5 after all, guess it should bring the competition with those cool corners. Eiger might, in the end, be way too narrow.

I'm sorry but I don't see why Eiger needs a replacement.. It's one of my favourite tracks and I was really looking forward to it and now it might not happen?

I think it should be kept and maybe SSR5 added to the calendar?

Back