Suzuki Swift Challenge|Congrats Neljack!

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 757 comments

What track should we race for round 4?

• Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Eiger...

You should really try and make way for this on your personal calendar, it was probably the best group racing I've ever seen. The drivers were pretty much divided into groups that went at different speeds, but in the lead group it was at least just as close as I was looking forward to. :gtpflag:

If there was a group for the Swifts, I would love to put up pics...

I'm sorry but I don't see why Eiger needs a replacement.. It's one of my favourite tracks and I was really looking forward to it and now it might not happen?

I think it should be kept and maybe SSR5 added to the calendar?

I'm just saying, Carbon, Fox and I had a 3 man race and there was contact, can you imagine what it would be like with 10? SSR5 was epic cause I got Carb out of the final turn.:D

If there was a group for the Swifts, I would love to put up pics...
Post them in the thread.👍

Edit: Also, I know I've said I don't care about colours, but I'm changing that now for the purposes of the points spreadsheet, when you're decided on colours, send a PM or reply in the thread.👍

I'm just saying, Carbon, Fox and I had a 3 man race and there was contact, can you imagine what it would be like with 10? SSR5 was epic cause I got Carb out of the final turn.:D

Post them in the thread.👍

Edit: Also, I know I've said I don't care about colours, but I'm changing that now for the purposes of the points spreadsheet, when you're decided on colours, send a PM or reply in the thread.👍

Sorry but I fail everytime I try to post images in a thread without a link, so when or if there is a group, that's where I could do it. :dopey:

I'll be in, hopefully for next week 👍

3 WIDE!!!

We actually went 3 wide at one point with akmuq and Eclat after the hairpin that is the first corner of the Mini course, I believe I emerged into the lead from 3rd place but akmuq came aggressively to the next one and claimed it to himself :mischievous:

I already reserved Championship Yellow II.

Sorry Akmuq your gonna have to change your colours ;)

I already reserved Championship Yellow II.

Sorry Akmuq your gonna have to change your colours ;)

Ok for a start there can be more then 1 car of the same colour on the grid, and secondly, I had planned to change anyway...

HSV-010
Ok for a start there can be more then 1 car of the same colour on the grid, and secondly, I had planned to change anyway...

I like to be unique. May change to a DLC Colourshift yet though..

I thought that the whole series had moved a week later, not just missing out the first race. So I had been practising trial mountain all week !

Before we started and folk were saying they were getting 1:35's I was shocked, best I'd managed on trial mountain was 1:47. I thought "how can using a wheel make you 12seconds faster a lap? I'm gonna get lapped here!"

Then to track and wtf, where am I? Autumn Ring is the one track I never really liked or took time to learn on previous GT's.

Ah well, I was holding a good fight for last!

T.

A great night.

My first online GT5 race and surprisingly I did not disgrace myself LOL.

My thanks to Matty in the first race for some excellent racing. We traded 4th and a little paint, more times than I can remember, but very courteous driving from Matty

Also a shout out to DarkTom in the second race for keeping me honest and pushing me to the chequered flag.

Great evening Akmuq, Looking forward to next week and earning some points.

Ed

P.S. Is there a post race report for the Swift Challenge?

Thanks for the epic battle in the first race you guys, was having so much fun battling with you guys before I got disconnected.

I'd like to apologize for all of my collisions with people, I am very sorry. If I get my internet connection sorted, am I allowed to join back in even though I'll be dead last? I had a blast racing with you guys and I wanna join back in so badly.

SVX, a lot of your collisions seemed intentional to me, I saved & watched the replay and it was a bit like the kind of driving/drivers I hoped to avoid by joining an event such as this.

I know we weren't racing for points but it should still be clean, surely?

I'm new to online racing, and I'm still learning so don't know how much of it can be blamed on your connection. You've got the benefit of doubt there!

Anyway, I'm sticking with my choice of matt orange body, metallic orange wheels and an unpainted carbon hood.

Will practise the right track this week, Autumn Ring again, right?

T.

SVX, a lot of your collisions seemed intentional to me, I saved & watched the replay and it was a bit like the kind of driving/drivers I hoped to avoid by joining an event such as this.

I'm new to online racing, and I'm still learning so don't know how much of it can be blamed on your connection. You've got the benefit of doubt there!

Anyway, I'm sticking with my choice of matt orange body, metallic orange wheels and an unpainted carbon hood.

T.

Yes, and hope to see you around as we really need lots of interested drivers at this point :)

BTW, if Tom is your real name, then it definitely means I've raced against a lot of your kind :sly:

I'm not with them!

I've always seen myself as a lone wolf pack.

Sorry but I don't understand all the wee face things, some are faces, some are words with : at either end, I don't get it. Just adds to the confusion for me.

T.

What's that meant to mean? My kind? Is it cos I is black?

T.

No, it is cos you is tom, we race with these guys as well in different series.👍

Anyway, never mind the colour thing, as I couldn't be bothered with it now and I prefer a wide range of colours. And would anyone object to having both Eiger and Special Stage Route 5 on the calendar?:mischievous:

No, it is cos you is tom, we race with theseguys as well in different series.👍

Anyway, never mind the colour thing, as I couldn't be bothered with it now and I prefer a wide range of colours. And would anyone object to having both Eiger and Special Stage Route 5 on the calendar?:mischievous:

Can we get a clean race with 10+ drivers at Eiger? :mischievous:

Carbonox
Can we get a clean race with 10+ drivers at Eiger? :mischievous:

I want Eiger.. This would be like dropping Monaco of the F1 calendar because it costs too much for the Armco barriers every year. And besides, they can get 24 around Monaco we can get 10 round Eiger.

I'm happy for both.

Well now there's a thought, (bounces up and down on chair and claps hands with glee) let’s have both SSR5 and Eiger. I'm for extending the series by a race or two.

BTW car colour change:
Car: Misty Blue Metallic (colour coded bonnet)
Wheels: GT Fluorescent Orange

The Gulf Look

Last edited:

T.

I'm very sorry about my crashes, and it wasn't my connection at fault, it was my driving. I'll be less aggressive next time round, but the reason I messed up my braking and hit mattymc, is because I've only had GT5 for a few weeks and I'm used to having the driving line on.

I'm hoping you'll accept my apologies.

SVX
I'm very sorry about my crashes, and it wasn't my connection at fault, it was my driving. I'll be less aggressive next time round, but the reason I messed up my braking and hit mattymc, is because I've only had GT5 for a few weeks and I'm used to having the driving line on.

I understand as I've been there myself.

You'll get used to it 👍

My connection is crap again and I can't fix it like before, so my future is at doubt...

EDIT: At least my computers work now that I left school, so things may be back to normal. Would have been too bad to not make the first race ^^

Last edited:
Opening round in 2 days guys.:D

Looking forward to it

My connection is crap again and I can't fix it like before, so my future is at doubt...

EDIT: At least my computers work now that I left school, so things may be back to normal. Would have been too bad to not make the first race ^^

What connection do you have, wired or wireless, and are you behind a router?

Must not forget about this race tomorrow...
Must not forget about

You get the drift. So, Autumn Ring take two. I won't be going wide on the grass and losing my lead on the last lap this time.

:sly:

Looking forward to it

What connection do you have, wired or wireless, and are you behind a router?

Wireless, don't know about routers but I can only get online with a non-protected connection.

SVX

Aye go on then!

I find that turning the driving line off helps more in learning tracks. You kinda get tunnel vision just watching the line.

See you tonight.

T.

Wireless, don't know about routers but I can only get online with a non-protected connection.

There is a thread somewhere within GTP explaining how to solve your problem but I can’t find it.
Basically you need to switch your firewall off in your router/modem and put your PS3 in the DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone). You'll get a much better connection that way.

Okay for my car I'm going using some sort of bright green for body and orange rims.

Not trying to look like a 787B at all.. :sly:..

I should probably start putting the cars I use in series in my Favourite's cause finding them is hard :dopey:

Back