T G S

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 258 comments
LaBounti
low expectations?

Kinda. I'm worried those new additions will relegate the driving part to a secondary basis, like that "B-Spec" mode. I just don't see the point of that, anyway, even if you'll have the choice to either use it or not.

trEVO
NOS + Model T = Nurburgring :dopey: :dopey: :dopey:
It would take alot more than NAWWWSSSSSS:rolleyes: to make that thing go around the Nur. Any ways it would probably blow to smithereens if you used anything more than like a 5 shot:rolleyes:

Any ways i just hope to god they disclose a SOLID Release date i dont even care if its January something 2005 as long as it includes Porsche + Ferrari :bowdown: ;)

I hope nitrous is only for drag mode. And I hope using it too often hurts your car, I saw one engine block where the driver used nitrous when he was stopped and when he hit the accelerator he blew a cd sized hole in the side of his engine block. That would be awesome to see in GT4.

PunkRock
Is it just me, or is it starting to sound overly complex for a racing game? I'm betting on an immense failure this time, it's just sounding way too different.

It's just you ^_^. besides, who cares if all the new features flop? (all except online racing). i mean, really... i don't care about "director mode", "photo mode", blah blah blah blah as long as they got:

the cars (they got them!)
the tracks (nurburgring, suzuka, motegi, laguna seca, wish monza was included...) (they got them!)
and brand new to the GT series: the physics (they actually got it right!)

really, as long as i can play realisticly whith any car on those circuits i'd consider GT4 a great achivement.
wish they had included a replay editor too to fiddle with the cameras for online races. but i guess we can't have evrything.

supra_luva209
Im sure it will be for drag events only, I really cant see PD allowing cars to use nitrous around tracks like Suzuka. They dont wanna go in the NFS:U direction...

bah, it's not like NOS would make your car magicly handle better, you would only be able to use it on the straights, and if you don't control the massive torque properly you'll end up trackside because you won't be able to break in time, may they should just limit the bottles per race. that would nerf it up nicely.

I like the inclusion of supercharging too. I think these kind of additions, particularly in conjunction with fuel consumption, will mean that you have to think more carefully about the modifications that you do, rather than just adding ALL the mods.

if straights are decently long, then thats where the biggest advantage of a course would be. well its usually the turn going into the straight. your acceleration out of the turn is such a big factor. giving that extra little boost would make a huuge difference on courses like seatle or tokyo because with that little boost, your speed will be increased everywhere in the straight, up until you top out.

quick thought maybe you could only have one bottle of NOS per race, meaning once you used it up thats it. Not sure how many times a typical bottle of NOS would allow you to use it, maye a few time, with couple seconds of boost each time. Anyway hope that most parts, like tires and other parts, have to be replaced and are not an unlimited supply. Although if they did parts this way, I would want to be able to buy multiple sets of tires at a time. It will be interesting to see what other goodies our revealed, hopefully some more classic cars. Maybe NOS will just be limited to specific events like unlimited drags or events of that nature. Not sure about the points system, as long as they have a good system it should be fine. I know in GT2, it was very easy to use low powered cars and still win the higher horsepower races. Hopefully since they are putting in the option to let A.I. drive your car that this could be a hint that the A.I. will be better or at least use alot better race stragey, meaning perhaps they wont all just be running laps bumper to bumper, they could perhaps change from pace, to agressive etc.

bah, it's not like NOS would make your car magicly handle better, you would only be able to use it on the straights, and if you don't control the massive torque properly you'll end up trackside because you won't be able to break in time, may they should just limit the bottles per race. that would nerf it up nicely.
I just dont think it would be any-good out of drag mode, I mean in a real life race series like DTM for example, it would be stupid if you saw two cars in a close race and then one of them uses NOS down the straight and then wins the race :yuck: 👎

I don't really think any one will use the director's mode stuff. Personally few people are willing to drive the endurance races themself, let alone watch an AI drive it for them.

I have attatched a pic of what can happen from the use of Nitrous.
Some sort of engine strain would be good when you use it in GT4's drag mode :D

Attachments

• NOS Result.jpg
    NOS Result.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 119
supra_luva209
I just dont think it would be any-good out of drag mode, I mean in a real life race series like DTM for example, it would be stupid if you saw two cars in a close race and then one of them uses NOS down the straight and then wins the race :yuck: 👎

The CART cars used to have an overtake button which momentarily changed the car's fuel maps etc to provide an extra boost. it made for really exciting racing, especially on the superspeedways, because one car might be catching and passing everybody but sacrificing fuel for the rest of the race. As long as nitrous is implemented in a smart way (it makes sense to add it to a street Supra, but you wouldn't really want it on a Le Mans Prototype) I think it could be some fun.

supra_luva209
I have attatched a pic of what can happen from the use of Nitrous.
Some sort of engine strain would be good when you use it in GT4's drag mode :D

NOS or not at 1100hp out of 2.6 litres the engine has a very short life.

Hiya! :D :embarrassed: :lol: Meow! (='.'=)

oh my goddess....my heart is overwhelmed already from the news given.... oh my goddess...I cant take it anymore I AM GOING TO FAINT! *faint* :embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

okay...if I see one more person write "NOS" like it's a product and not a company I'll go mad....it's N20...Nitrous...but "NOS" is a company you tards...sorry but that is the biggest indication of ricer syndrome.

Second...why has no one questioned this? I seriously find a few things sketchy about this news...like the fact that no one else has reported news about this?...I don't know, I really am not too keen on believing this whole nitrous thing....I'll believe it when it's reported by a reputible company, not some guy on a forum.

tha_con
okay...if I see one more person write "NOS" like it's a product and not a company I'll go mad....it's N20...Nitrous...but "NOS" is a company you tards...sorry but that is the biggest indication of ricer syndrome.

Second...why has no one questioned this? I seriously find a few things sketchy about this news...like the fact that no one else has reported news about this?...I don't know, I really am not too keen on believing this whole nitrous thing....I'll believe it when it's reported by a reputible company, not some guy on a forum.
Yep it's not NAWWWWWWWZZZ, it's nitrous. The company you saw in the Fast and the Furious series was n.o.s for nitous oxide systems.

"NOS" is just a term people give.. Like "Kleenex" (tissues for Australians...) You seriously didn't read other posts did you? It's been proven on other sites as well...

Well after reading that and if all of it is true, then GT4 is going to own. I'm sorry; goodbye Forza and any other competition because GT4 is going to go down in history as the ultimate driving simulator. :drool: This game is going to be very in depth and I bet it'll take forever to beat. 👍

So is this all the news for the first day of TGS? I expect places like IGN to be there, but are they not allowed in until tomorrow?

supra_luva209
So is this all the news for the first day of TGS? I expect places like IGN to be there, but are they not allowed in until tomorrow?

That news was released on an official GT4 website. The GT4 presentation is Friday night (japan time) so expect much more in about 8 hours or so.

supra_luva209
That was a prepared press release which would've been written a while ago and just needed to be published. The actual Gran Turismo 4 presentation is yet to happen.

As Zer0 posted this site [url="https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1250366#post1250366]here[/url], the site is being updated constantly as the presentations are being made. If you know how many hours Japan is behind us here in NZ, you'll be able to work out when 21:00 is our time. I'm pretty sure it is midnight as they are 3 hours behind us.

EDIT: trEVO you beat me!

no, NOS is not a term people use, it is something that uninformed people say, it's rediculous and a cheap way to make false power, it's like crack in a person, gets them pumped up for the time being, but when it wears off...it's gone, such a crappy excuse for a "mod"...I seriously fear this in GT4...for me it could ruin a lot of the experinece just because of the huge ricer population.

tha_con

Might wanna get some facts before you go on a flaming rampage that will just end up making you look like an idiot, that's just cut / paste from www.granturismoworld.com wich just happens to be the official site.

Back