T G S

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 258 comments
Solid Lifters
Relax, I saw it 15 minutes ago. It ain't much. I was kinda let down, really. Nice pit crew shots, though.p
But......but!

EDIT: Oh, and yes I tried to post some pics of the pit crew, and it wouldn't let me do it. I had to click a bunch on autodetect crap on before it would let me watch it, so sorry, no pics.
:/

It was a few JGTC cars that we've already seen on the Nurb, the Nissan 89C on the Paris, an EvoV at Grand Canyon, the pit crew were changing tires on the TT Red Bull DTM car, and a purple TVR on the Las Vegas strip and the Ice course with a Lancia. Again, not much and nothing we haven't seen already in pictures.
That's got to suck. Lets hope that we can have some hands-on movies tomorrow when the convention is open to the public.

super supra
I think the video was great, some new video shots from new tracks. 👍

Download the vid here, but after you are done, dont press "remove the file"
http://s2.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=7A6A323A9D4373ACB283FA6D196D61B5

Hope it works, the vi will be there for 7days "24-30sep"
New tracks? I only saw one. The Yosimite Race Course with the JGTC cars. Oh, I guess I forgot to mention that one. Sorry. It really wasn't much to speak of, really. Just that big rock wall that they got, and some cars going down a short straightaway, big whoop.

The only cool thing, like I said already was the pit crew. You could tell it wasn't a FMV.

BTW, does anybody know how to get past that copy protection thing so I could get some pictures made from the video?

This track looks excellent.

Untitled-1copy115.jpg

Cool, I should get that. I never heard of it, but then I don't know much about computers, anyway. I'll do a Google search for it. Thanks for the info.

sorry, not impressed with the "new" pit crew... it is nothing like that one first video they used to tease everybody a year or so ago (the one with the FordGT40 and the ones w/ the NSX). kinda expected a little more but maybe that's just me...

bmw5150
sorry, not impressed with the "new" pit crew... it is nothing like that one first video they used to tease everybody a year or so ago (the one with the FordGT40). kinda expected a little more but maybe that's just me...

What exactly is not better than the first one? It looks the same to me minus the overalls.

nice info... the first pit crew we saw wasnt actually ingame graphics...
but I'm not complaning bout the new pit crew model...it better than seeing the car just rise into the air without the wheels getting changed..

Pause the video at 1:08...............and we have a brand new car in the background.
It is the JGTC 300's No.43 ARTA Garaiya.
That new track was amazing! The pit crew looks good although slightly blockish.

I posted this in the TGS Video thread but theres not to much traffic in there.

Edit:Ignore that

supra_luva209
Pause the video at 1:08...............and we have a brand new car in the background.
It is the JGTC 300's No.43 ARTA Garaiya.
That new track was amazing! The pit crew looks good although slightly blockish.

I posted this in the TGS Video thread but theres not to much traffic in there.
It's not new, we've had it since the e3 demo and it has been hacked out of Prologue :)

e3gt533.jpg

tiptopcream
What exactly is not better than the first one? It looks the same to me minus the overalls.

I don't know if that is what I would call the same...

Attachments

• pitcrew.jpg
    pitcrew.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 115
  • pitcrew2.jpg
    pitcrew2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 136
welll guyz what will be THE COLOR OF UR PIT CREW???....will u choose a color similar to the one of ur car or will u use the same pit-crew-color all the time???
...well i would like to see my pit crew in a red/blue/silver color or only red and white(as the GT-One has red and white either!)but i don´t know exactly...

bmw5150
I don't know if that is what I would call the same...
They look the same, but they don't move the same. The pics you posted are from the FMV that were posted over a year ago. Granted, the new pit crew video shows the pit crew not moving as fluid, but it was nice to see it as an ingame action sequence and not as another FMV. This means, no more levitation car trick, and that makes me very happy.

I think the new pit crew is pretty damn good...

Looks like a pit crew... and looks pretty sweet at the same time... Better than the FMV for me as it's now defs in the game and whilst racing...

Altho I didn't see the use of a stop-go man!! (Maybe you have to pay for an upgrade on your pit team for him?!)

C.

Did it?!

Oh... must have missed him... but he should come back and say GO....

C.

EDIT1: Watched again... Yeah he's there and he keeps the stop sign down throughout... can't get a clear 'pit'ure o whether he flips it...

EDIT2: Goto 1.30... Old school GT40 Race Car...

I mean he stands there for a while and then it cuts away to a diferent shot of the crew rasing there arms and then the car takes off so he must of turned it to GO.

_aj
2 screencaps for those who haven't or are unable to see the vid.

pitcrew at work
pitcrew all done
In the movie I never noticed it but from those nice captures you can see on the rear left wheel the fueler and a tyre changer are very close together. I'm sure there is bound to be a car with the fuel filler right above the tyre changer, due to a poor design.

Are we going to see some horrible pit crew member clipping (going through each other) problems or is one guy going to do his job then once he has finished the other does his?

I wonder if they stopped wheels bouncing through the top of cars body work.

ALPHA
In the movie I never noticed it but from those nice captures you can see on the rear left wheel the fueler and a tyre changer are very close together. I'm sure there is bound to be a car with the fuel filler right above the tyre changer, due to a poor design.

Are we going to see some horrible pit crew member clipping (going through each other) problems or is one guy going to do his job then once he has finished the other does his?

I wonder if they stopped wheels bouncing through the top of cars body work.
Maybe it will be like real racing pit rules, first the fuel has to be put in, then when that is done, the tires can be changed. I guess I should watch the video over again to see what happens.

Just some captures from the video of the section were it flashes through all the images really quickly.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 8
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 18
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 67
And the rest of them due to the 20 attachment limit.

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg