T G S

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 258 comments
cobragt
Please dont tease me, someone find out what track that is.

I think it looks an awful lot like Suzuka after going under the crossover but I could be wrong.

If memory serves me right the track turns to the right and not the left after the spot I'm thinking of so I stand to be proven wrong, though.

Solid Lifters
Not to sound rude, but who the hell cares. Nobody wants to go to these places anyway, because of the out-of-control crime that is rampant in these places. Some of these places make South Central LA look like Disneyland. I think that's the main reason why motorsport teams and orginizers don't want to race there, and I don't blame them one bit. A lot of musical groups don't want to perform there either, because of the rampant crime. Just ask Papa Roach and Ygnwie Malmsteen.

Well if you think South America is like that, i'm just gonna say one thing: You are wrong.

Our problem still is poverty. The violence and crimes is the same you'll find any place in the world. At least we don't have any crazy people exploding bombs in public places or have Bush as a president.

Motorsports not comming down here? Just this year, at the HQ of the racing team i work we had the chance to meet some Team Owners and Bosses of championships like ETCC, BTCC and DTM. We have events like F1, MotoGP, WRC, ...

As for Racing events we are very well served of.

- Stock Car V8
- Stock Car Light
- Clio Cup
- F-Renault
- South American F3
- Endurance Championship
- F-Truck
- Maserati Trofeo
- Pick-up Racing

This being just national events, not counting the regionals.

And by the way Papa Roach already perfomed down here at Rock in Rio in 2001.

PS: I don't to change your opinion, just read more and get more informed before bashing other country. Your's not perfect.

Just like that they wouldn't say GT4 will be online and not 'actually' have an online portion??? Yeah PD wouldn't do that...

;) (just kidding)

JohnBM01
Allow me to defend the honor of Johnny and make a special case.

South America is quite a nice place. Look at Juan Pablo Montoya, the Fittipaldis, and among all... Aryton Senna. Sure, I've made my case about Australia being a hotbed of wodnerful action, but I agree with Johnny. Let me tell you something. South America may often be neglected, but at least there is some solid racing in S. America. As it is said, "you cannot please everyone." But in my case, I hope Johnny will still love GT4, even if South America isn't represented. What would have been big is if you have a rally in the Amazon. Imagine a Lancer or something going up and down the lush Amazon rain forest. In terms of racing tracks, Johnny has a nice list as well.

Gran Turismo 4 will give us the chance to see the world... GT style. Just because South America isn't going to be represented doesn't mean that there should be such a ruthless attack on South America. Australians want more Australian cars, and I even made a topic on that in the GT4 forums. Australia just wants to be represented for more than just the Tickford in GT3. It would tick off Australians if they cannot have Bathurst, Holden, Sandown, Adelaide... I can go on and on. It's a bad call to attack Johnny and his natives like that. Hell, I'm here in Houston and we have kind of a so-so race track on the streets back in 1998-2001. But the point I'm getting at is that it's a pretty naughty thing you've pulled off. Well, I can preach, but I have something else to do. Anyhow Johnny, if "sudamerica" isn't represented, it's all good, player. It's okay. Just petition for South Ameica to be in GT5!

Of course i'll love GT4 with or without any relation to South America. I love motorsport as a whole. That's why i work with this (I drive as a hobby, and work as a mechanic).
Anyway, i just wanted to make a discussion about South America / Australia being forgotten. It's not like i'll hate them if it's not in GT4. It was just something for us to discuss like normal people, but there's always someone that's not open minded.

👍

...so basically so far the TGS has told us about:

no new cars

no new tracks (apart from confirming Suzuka)

a crappy new 'directors mode' to compliment the crappy 'photo' mode (i'd rather watch the Speed Channel and read Autosport & Evo)

and no online mode

....great stuff PD!!!

dcr22B
I think it looks an awful lot like Suzuka after going under the crossover but I could be wrong.

If memory serves me right the track turns to the right and not the left after the spot I'm thinking of so I stand to be proven wrong, though.

Doesn't Suzuka have a lot more grass on the hairpin? :) I don't think its Suzuka, it don't look right ^_^

TheCracker
...so basically so far the TGS has told us about:

no new cars

no new tracks (apart from confirming Suzuka)

a crappy new 'directors mode' to compliment the crappy 'photo' mode (i'd rather watch the Speed Channel and read Autosport & Evo)

and no online mode

....great stuff PD!!!

Yeah its really dissapointing No Ferrari and No online play!!!
:yuck: 👎

I would say the track is Trial Mountain
from 1'23 - 1'30, there are 3 clips with the same set of cars (JGTC)
so I would say these 3 clips are on the same track
the last clip looks identical to Trial Mountain
what I believe is PD upgrade the TM alot
however the first clip looks like the finish line spot
but I cannot explain why these cars keep on the left (supposed the first corner is left)
or they have TM a new layout?

Johnny
Well if you think South America is like that, i'm just gonna say one thing: You are wrong.

Our problem still is poverty. The violence and crimes is the same you'll find any place in the world. At least we don't have any crazy people exploding bombs in public places or have Bush as a president.

Motorsports not comming down here? Just this year, at the HQ of the racing team i work we had the chance to meet some Team Owners and Bosses of championships like ETCC, BTCC and DTM. We have events like F1, MotoGP, WRC, ...

As for Racing events we are very well served of.

- Stock Car V8
- Stock Car Light
- Clio Cup
- F-Renault
- South American F3
- Endurance Championship
- F-Truck
- Maserati Trofeo
- Pick-up Racing

This being just national events, not counting the regionals.

And by the way Papa Roach already perfomed down here at Rock in Rio in 2001.

PS: I don't to change your opinion, just read more and get more informed before bashing other country. Your's not perfect.

Hate people that thinks that Latin America is full of violence, just check the Bronx, Harlem, Brooklyn, South Central LA, East LA, Compton etc, thats violence too, so dont come to me saying that you dont have those kind of probles in the States, and common you have BUSH, I think he is as dangerous as Al Qaeda, just ask the Iraqi people, read more, and dont believe the crap you here from Bush... and by the way he said that the Amazon forest was a US natural reserve, thats bull......

Can we please stop with the political/racial arguments, thank you?

If you want to talk **** about each other's nationality, we've got an opinion forum for that.

Leno's "Tank car", with a Chrysler V12:

Leno01.jpg

It looks like the Daimler Tricycle, the very first car ever made. Still, I can't see why you'd want to drive that in a game...

Well PD dude had said at one point, he didn;t want this just to be another racing game, but an almost encyclopedia of cars over the years...this would be a rason to have that vehicle

tiptopcream
Whats the centre car?

2004092460945.jpg

LOL, that's the 1886 or something car.
i assume the "NOS" option will not be available on that one.
or how about a set of R compound wooden tires.
looks as though it could use a sway bar upgrade up front. :) :) LOL!!!

PunkRock
It looks like the Daimler Tricycle, the very first car ever made. Still, I can't see why you'd want to drive that in a game...

Maybe on a bored day I would race antiques against a friend...would be funny :P

Back