T G S

• Thread starter cudadude2
  • 258 comments
There is a 90% chance it will only be in Drag racing... Remember this is Gt4, not
underground...

MdnIte
There is a 90% chance it will only be in Drag racing... Remember this is Gt4, not
underground...
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
dancedood.gif

Most of you won't agree, but i feel sad to see another Gran Turismo coming without anything related with South America. Not a single racetrack and till now, not a single car. Senna's car were on GT3, but that's about it.

We have great tracks like:

- Interlagos - Brazil
- Jacarepaguá - Brazil
- Curitiba - Brazil
- Buenos Aires - Argentina
- General Roca - Argentina
- Buenos Aires- Argentina

Touring competitions?
- TC 2000 (Argentina) - Biggest Touring Car Championship in the world ( FIAT, FORD, HONDA, TOYOTA, VW, CHRYSLER, RENAULT, PEUGEOT, MITSUBISHI and CHEVROLET).
- Stock Car V8 Brasil (Brazil) - The fastest touring cars of South American, running on the same Nascar V8 engines.

Anyway, i'm not saying GT4 will be a bad game. Actually i think it will end up being a masterpiece, with all those new modes, new cars, ... everything. But it focus a lot on US/EUROPE/JAPAN. Not even Australia, that got a representative on GT3 seems to be on focus now.

Kaz is a car fanatic, and a race fan, but i think he's forgetting the countries that have history in motorsport. Since he says GT4 will be a tribute to car and motorsport history, i think he forgot some things. It's not a complaint. Just something different to discuss.

Are there any cars that are only sold in Brazil?

I guess as the game grows and grows to include everything automotive, it becomes not so much an issue as what's in, as what's left out. I mean there are Scandinavian cars and Russian cars that could be included. I'm sure the intention in making the game is to inculde as big a range as is practially possible, but there will always be time/legal/logistical limitations.

Now answer me this. This is a nice thread with lots of info. Good job to Solid Lifters. To the creator of this thread, nice of you to make a thread about the Tokyo Game Show.

By the way when it comes to bigtime events, I reserved a thread about what happened at E3. When I checked back in to that site, I received the rudest, most disrespectful comment I've ever came across. Someone had the nerve to say that he/she would rather see someone else's thread about it. Anyhow, after my rough ride at the beginning of that thread (I don't know what it was called, but I'll talk about it later), nice thread. I'll be sure to keep reading up and keep providing my reactions. Yeah, I'm not done yet.

Why the hell does everyone think Nitrous will blow an engine to ****? Do even half of you know what Nitrous IS and how it works?!? A turbo will blow an engine JUST as easily but of course no one complains about that. It's called building the internals, google it. And don't give me this drag racing motors are built but blow up "often" on nitrous because like someone said earlier, 1100hp regardless of nitrous is going to have reliability issues. I'm not a fan of nitrous on track races (which I highly doubt will be allowed) but if it's purely for drag racing then no prob.

and to add to the above list, I'd love to see a section of racing dedicated to the BTCC.

Civicbus
Why the hell does everyone think Nitrous will blow an engine to ****? Do even half of you know what Nitrous IS and how it works?!? A turbo will blow an engine JUST as easily but of course no one complains about that. It's called building the internals, google it. And don't give me this drag racing motors are built but blow up "often" on nitrous because like someone said earlier, 1100hp regardless of nitrous is going to have reliability issues. I'm not a fan of nitrous on track races (which I highly doubt will be allowed) but if it's purely for drag racing then no prob.

and to add to the above list, I'd love to see a section of racing dedicated to the BTCC.
Well said. If you have a bulletproof bottom end, then nitrous is no problem.

Johnny
Most of you won't agree, but i feel sad to see another Gran Turismo coming without anything related with South America. Not a single racetrack and till now, not a single car. Senna's car were on GT3, but that's about it.

We have great tracks like:

- Interlagos - Brazil
- Jacarepaguá - Brazil
- Curitiba - Brazil
- Buenos Aires - Argentina
- General Roca - Argentina
- Buenos Aires- Argentina

Touring competitions?
- TC 2000 (Argentina) - Biggest Touring Car Championship in the world ( FIAT, FORD, HONDA, TOYOTA, VW, CHRYSLER, RENAULT, PEUGEOT, MITSUBISHI and CHEVROLET).
- Stock Car V8 Brasil (Brazil) - The fastest touring cars of South American, running on the same Nascar V8 engines.

Anyway, i'm not saying GT4 will be a bad game. Actually i think it will end up being a masterpiece, with all those new modes, new cars, ... everything. But it focus a lot on US/EUROPE/JAPAN. Not even Australia, that got a representative on GT3 seems to be on focus now.

Kaz is a car fanatic, and a race fan, but i think he's forgetting the countries that have history in motorsport. Since he says GT4 will be a tribute to car and motorsport history, i think he forgot some things. It's not a complaint. Just something different to discuss.

Not to sound rude, but who the hell cares. Nobody wants to go to these places anyway, because of the out-of-control crime that is rampant in these places. Some of these places make South Central LA look like Disneyland. I think that's the main reason why motorsport teams and orginizers don't want to race there, and I don't blame them one bit. A lot of musical groups don't want to perform there either, because of the rampant crime. Just ask Papa Roach and Ygnwie Malmsteen.

about news bein on ign; they even had a disclaimer u that they dont have the same access that they have e3 so dont expect updates from the floor, but rather after the show is overwith

Solid Lifters
Not to sound rude, but who the hell cares. Nobody wants to go to these places anyway, because of the out-of-control crime that is rampant in these places. Some of these places make South Central LA look like Disneyland. I think that's the main reason why motorsport teams and orginizers don't want to race there, and I don't blame them one bit. A lot of musical groups don't want to perform there either, because of the rampant crime. Just ask Papa Roach and Ygnwie Malmsteen.

Dude, that's really rude. Show some respect.

Now that was well worth the read, bloody brilliant and i cant wait for the game to be released, but i have to so thats unfair.

I want news on the online side of the game.

NOS, should only be in drag racing, which im sure it will be.

Now to sit back and wait for new news to be released, this is as exciting as waiting for new news of GTA:SA, which is excellent.

Also i want Bathurst, come on, this course is beautiful and tricky to get perfect, but it looks like it wont be included.

The thing i am most impressed about though is the fact that this is still for PS2, imagine what to expect from GT5 on PS3 with blu ray technology, its going to be amazing.

trEVO
Are there any cars that are only sold in Brazil?

I guess as the game grows and grows to include everything automotive, it becomes not so much an issue as what's in, as what's left out. I mean there are Scandinavian cars and Russian cars that could be included. I'm sure the intention in making the game is to inculde as big a range as is practially possible, but there will always be time/legal/logistical limitations.

Of course there are.

The new VW Polo Sedan, VW Fox, Opel Meriva, and many other cars were developed and released here first, then started to be sold on the european market.

If you want exclusive cars, here's a small list:

- Fiat Palio, Fiat Strada, Fiat Palio Weekend, Fiat Siena
- Ford Fiesta Sedan, Ford Ecosport
- VW Gol, VW Parati, VW Fox, VW Saveiro
- Toyota Corolla Fielder
- Chevrolet Celta, Chevrolet Montana
- Peugeot 307 Sedan

And if you don't know the actual Mini Cooper, has it's engine built in Brazil by Tritec Motors (BMW/Chrysler joint venture) . The same engine is used on the Chrysler PT Cruiser.

trEVO
Dude, that's really rude. Show some respect.
Yes, the truth can be quite rude, can it?

I do have respect, for the people killed in these horrible cities, and the loss of major sporting and entertaining events that many in SA, as well the rest of the word, would love to participate in.

Allow me to defend the honor of Johnny and make a special case.

South America is quite a nice place. Look at Juan Pablo Montoya, the Fittipaldis, and among all... Aryton Senna. Sure, I've made my case about Australia being a hotbed of wodnerful action, but I agree with Johnny. Let me tell you something. South America may often be neglected, but at least there is some solid racing in S. America. As it is said, "you cannot please everyone." But in my case, I hope Johnny will still love GT4, even if South America isn't represented. What would have been big is if you have a rally in the Amazon. Imagine a Lancer or something going up and down the lush Amazon rain forest. In terms of racing tracks, Johnny has a nice list as well.

Gran Turismo 4 will give us the chance to see the world... GT style. Just because South America isn't going to be represented doesn't mean that there should be such a ruthless attack on South America. Australians want more Australian cars, and I even made a topic on that in the GT4 forums. Australia just wants to be represented for more than just the Tickford in GT3. It would tick off Australians if they cannot have Bathurst, Holden, Sandown, Adelaide... I can go on and on. It's a bad call to attack Johnny and his natives like that. Hell, I'm here in Houston and we have kind of a so-so race track on the streets back in 1998-2001. But the point I'm getting at is that it's a pretty naughty thing you've pulled off. Well, I can preach, but I have something else to do. Anyhow Johnny, if "sudamerica" isn't represented, it's all good, player. It's okay. Just petition for South Ameica to be in GT5!

There's one of the Ginettas on GT4's page, but it's the only new car I see.

Yay, new GT4 Video from the Tokyo Game Show!

Direct Link: mms://dl.scej-online.jp/gt4/gt4_hires.wmv

Paste the link into Net Transport and let it download. I'm on 56k and have 46minutes to wait!

I pasted it into Net Transport under new download but then it comes up in the downloads window with GT4_hires.wmv, and it just sits there looking back at me not downloading

Edit: Dont worry, I have found it was timing out and tried the low res version in the other thread and its downloading very fast, 3.7kb/s :embarrassed: :P

ALPHA

Paste the link into Net Transport and let it download. I'm on 56k and have 46minutes to wait!
Relax, I saw it 15 minutes ago. It ain't much. I was kinda let down, really. Nice pit crew shots, though.

EDIT: Oh, and yes I tried to post some pics of the pit crew, and it wouldn't let me do it. I had to click a bunch on autodetect crap on before it would let me watch it, so sorry, no pics.

ALPHA

mms://dl.scej-online.jp/gt4/gt4_hires.wmv

I need the link... hence this post!!!

SO much new news at TGS... really looking forward to GT4 now... 5 days before my birthday...

C.

EDIT: Bah didn't work... Never mind... will have to wait for someone to upload it here again... I wanna see them pit crews!

Samberto
Solid, what cars featured…
It was a few JGTC cars that we've already seen on the Nurb, the Nissan 89C on the Paris, an EvoV at Grand Canyon, the pit crew were changing tires on the TT Red Bull DTM car, and a purple TVR on the Las Vegas strip and the Ice course with a Lancia. Again, not much and nothing we haven't seen already in pictures.

Back