T&L racing - OPEN EVENTS

• Thread starter Marchbrown
  • 254 comments

Race time - wednesday race series - whats your choice?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Raising the bonds.......... division Mayday
picture.php

Mayday

Last edited:
GT 500 series

FujiSpeedwayF_11.jpg

Series of ten races

GT cars
bhp limit 510 bhp
Car weight: 1150 kg

Race 1 - xx.03.11 - Suzuka
Race 2 - xx.03.11 - Laguna Seca
Race 3 - xx.03.11 - Deep Forest Raceway
Race 4 - xx.03.11 - Nurburgring GP/F
Race 5 - xx.03.11 - Cote d’Azur
Race 6 - xx.03.11 - Gran Valley East
Race 7 - xx.03.11 - Rome
Race 8 - xx.03.11 - Autumn Ring
Race 9 - xx.03.11 - Indy Road
Race 10 - xx.03.11 - Nordschleife

1st place: 25 points
2nd place: 20 points
3rd place: 16 points
4th place: 13 points
5th place: 11 points
6th place: 10 points
7th place: 9 points
8th place: 8 points
9th place: 7 points
10th place: 6 points
11th place: 5 points
12th place: 4 points
13th place: 3 points
14th place: 2 points
15th place: 1 point

Last edited:
GT 500 - Race No 1
OPEN T&L EVENT

SuzukaCircuit_6.jpg

Time: Saturday xx.xx.11 at 20:00 GMT - 15 min qualifying

Track: Suzuka
Weather: Sunny only
Race admin: Jon

Duration: 20 laps ~ roughly 40 minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 10 & 19

Post your name to take part in the race.

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

GT 500
Bhp limit: 410
Weight : 1150 kg
Tyres: Racing hard

Modification:

* OIL CHANGE, ENGINE REBUILD & BODY RIGIDITY ALOWED
* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

The Track

The Car

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
Thanks for tonights racing guys. There is gonna be a new GT500 event soon. To bad with the lobby crashing but 14 players in some pretty clean racing was nice to take part in.

Great races last night, sorry I couldn't stay for more.

There were only 3 players on screen for me, had that invisible car bug 👎 So if I seemed punty thats because I didn't know there was anyone there... I wondered why there was so many spectating the races :dopey:

Hopefully catch up with you guys for some more (bug free) races real soon. 👍

Thanks for the great races last night Jon.

Absolutely brilliant race at Madrid Jon , very close.

Good to race a few more of the People from this group.

Cheers mat

RACE SATURDAY EXTRA No 1 - Around the world in six

OPEN T&L EVENT

photo01a.jpg

Time: wednesday 09.04.11 at 21:00 GMT - 10 min qualifying

Track No 1: France - Monaco
Track No 2: Germany - Nurburg GP/F
Track No 3: Italy - Rome
Track No 4: Spain - Madrid
Track No 5: Japan - Tokyo
Track No 6: USA - Laguna Seca

Race host: Marchbrown

Duration: 10 laps roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: no mandatory pitstop required[/COLOR]

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

SUPER GT
Bhp limit: 510
Weight : 1100 kg
Tyres: Race hard

Modification:

* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

Around the world...
Around the World in Eighty Days is a classic adventure novel by the French writer Jules Verne, first published in 1873. In the story, Phileas Fogg of London and his newly employed French valet Passepartout attempt to circumnavigate the world in 80 days on a £20,000 wager equal to £1,324,289 today set by his friends at the Reform Club. It is one of Verne's most acclaimed works.

The story starts in London on October 2, 1872. Phileas Fogg is a rich English nobleman bachelor living in solitude at Number 7 Savile Row, Burlington Gardens. Despite his wealth Mr. Fogg, whose countenance is described as "repose in action", lives a modest life with habits carried out with mathematical precision. Very little can be said about Mr. Fogg's social life other than that he is a member of the Reform Club.

In the Reform Club, Fogg gets involved in an argument over an article in The Daily Telegraph, stating that with the opening of a new railway section in India, it is now possible to travel around the world in 80 days. He accepts a wager for £20,000 from his fellow club members, which he will receive if he makes it around the world in 80 days.

SUPER GT/ JTCC
The Japanese Touring Car Championship, JTCC, is a former touring car racing series held in Japan. The series will be relaunched in 2012.

The series had a history going back to the late 1960s and was widely dominated by the C10 Skyline GT-Rs until the Mazda Savanna RX-3 broke its dominance pattern. With by the emergence of Group 5 cars in the later half of the 1970s, the series was replaced in 1979 by the Formula Silhouette which was always held as a support race to the Grand Championship. As the series was incorporated and then later dissolved in 1984 by the All Japan Sports Prototype Championship, the series saw a revival in 1985 for Group A cars, like all other championships in other countries, there was three divisions, by the late 1980s division 3 would be a closely fought competitions between Toyota Supras and Nissan Skylines, whilst division 2 was mainly BMW M3s and division 1 was between Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla.

By 1993, like many other Group A series, the series had ended up becoming a one make affair with just the GT-R only appearing on the top category, followed by the M3s on the other, whereas in Div. 3 only consists of Corollas and Civics. For the following year the series would switch to the Supertouring formula. By 1997 as the class 2 formula cars became more expensive and complicated and due to heavy competitions from JGTC, organisers would make change to the rules to suit crowd demands. Rule changes includes increases to body width and exhaust noise decibels, also keeping the front aerodynamic devices basic and in 1998 with the withdrawal of Nissan Motors due to financial problems and Honda, to concentrate on its Formula One program and also realising it would be less expensive for them to race their NSX in the Japanese Grand Touring Championship series, leaving Toyota as the sole factory manufacturer to have cars competing using their Corona EXIVs and Chasers. Occasionally, an independently run Opel Vectra and a pair of Subaru Impreza wagons did race against the factory Toyotas. In 1999, a new formula using spaceframe cars, now renamed Super Silhouette Car Championship came to nothing and the series was abandoned altogether as by then, the Japan's big three had all got work entries in JGTC to this day, now known as Super GT.
The JTCC will be resurrected in 2012, with five races in Japan and one in China, in partnership with the Chinese Touring Car Championship.

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

According to Top Gear's highly spurious and questionable scientific knowledge, playing car racing games for hours makes you an 88 per cent better human being. And a better driver.

Last edited:
Will be at all wednesday racing. Probably not to many saturday races though. Weekend only time wife and i go anywhere. Also when we get together with both of our sons.

ATTENTION ALL THE EVENT'S HOUR HAS CHANGED FROM 18.00 GMT TO 22.00 GMT

LEGENDS OF ARGANIL
(TEAM EVENT)
SATURDAY
22.00 GMT

picture.php

Arganil is a mythical name, but you must belong to one of two groups to know it. You must either be: a portuguese motorsports fan no less than 30 years old :D ; or a world rally driver from the era when Rallying was ... well ... rallying.

This T&L Open Event is not about rallyes however, but after I created the track where it will be run, after I considered its elevation changes, the beautiful green scenery I was given by PD, the twisty middle section ... when the time came to give it a name and personality that had something to do with the track's "designer" ... I could think of nothing else than the mythical, over 40 kms long (now impossible in WRC), mixed tarmac-dirt (now impossible in WRC) special stage from the portuguese rallye of old, a twisty green hell of sorts, up in the most mountainous region of Portugal: All this can be said in one single word: Arganil. And this stage's REAL legends, achieving there impossible times, or dealing a death-blow to their rivals with "panache", are guys like J.P. Nicolas, Sandro Munari, Markku Alen, Walter Rohrl, Ove Andersson, , Hannu Mikkola, Michelle Mouton, Stig Blomqvist, Henri Toivonen, Ari Vatanen, Timo Salonen ... the stories, the "pit crews" deployed the day before in the middle of the mountains by the team directors facing desperate battles ... this can't be repeated. Arganil died with the death of Group B cars, the end of an era. The memory remains, however, and using this name to this ficticious GT5 tarmac track is nothing more than an hommage to all those men and women, and the many more that never get mentioned but were a big part of all that happened in those mountains.

And now that the name of the track is explained, let's return to reality, 2011 and online gaming, and let's focus on this upcoming T&L Open Event. I'll make it short and simple. Like this:

1 - WHEN ?

SATURDAY, MARCH 5TH 2011 - 18.00 GMT

Details: Fire up your PS3 and the game a litle before the designated time, make sure your connection is the best you can get, clean the game's cache, send me - PSN ID: GTP_Hun - a PM telling me you are ready. And wait for me to tell you by PM also when to enter the lounge.

PS - You must be my PSN Friend to do this so, if you aren't, send me a FR from the PSN ID you plan to use for the event.

2 - WHERE ?

ARGANIL TRACK

Details: This track is user-created. If you want to know the track, and practise it, just go to the community tab in the game, look for me in the list of friends, select my avatar and then click the litle button at the bottom of the page with the track icon. You'll find the track there, available for download. Do it and the track is yours. btw, I hope you like it! :)

PS - You must be my PSN Friend to do this so, if you aren't ... (you know the rest already :D )

3 - WHAT CARS?

RACE CARS FROM ONE OF THREE CATEGORIES: LM Spec Cars; JGTC; TOURING CARS

Details: Nothing special here, just don't forget that LM spec cars being allowed means precisely that. LMP cars aren't. And Race Cars does not include RM cars. If in doubt, ask.

4 - WHAT SPECS OR REGULATIONS APPLY?

RACING MEDIUM TYRES; 610 PP Maximum

Details:I'm trying to go for cars with approximately 1200 kgs and approximately 520/530 HP, you should get around 610 PP with those values. If not, and by big margins, please contact me, we aim for an even field and adjustments may be needed to achieve that (sadly, the PP system isn't perfect as we all know) 👍

5 - TEAM RACING? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

No one can individually apply, teams must be formed of 2 drivers. Both entering the same car. When one races, the other remains stopped in the pits. And vice versa

Details: check the WPWD race post and comments in this same thread. If still in doubt, ask away in this thread. And do practise with your team mate before the event. It seems the last time we did this, a guy lost positions in the race just because he was still trying to figure out where was the pit entrance ;) :D

6 - HOW MANY LAPS? DRY OR WET? WILL THERE BE QUALI?

16 laps. Dry race. No quali, whatever the game randomly decides will become the starting grid

7 - DON'T YOU HAVE MORE TO TELL US ABOUT THE EVENT? AREN'T YOU MISSING IMPORTANT INFO?

Yes. Probably. Keep posted and checking this thread

8 - HOW DO WE APPLY? IS THERE A DEADLINE?

In this thread. State PSN ID of both team mates. Team name. And car chosen. No car can be repeated so be quick. Deadline is the day of the event, unless all slots are filled. That'll be 8 teams.

9 - WHAT ARE THE PROCEDURES TO BE FOLLOWED TO RACE AS A TEAM?

It's more simple to actually do it that it is to explain it. But I will have to try, won't I? So, here goes:

Teams are made of 2 drivers, both using the same (identical) car.

When one of the drivers is racing, his team mate is parked in the pits. YOU MUST PRESS START TO REMAIN PARKED or else the pit crew will release your car and you'll only regain control after you left the pitlane.

When parked in the pits, you will only release yourself when your team mate's car STOPS in the pits also. Check the track map, or (if with voice coms) wait for him to tell you to go.

Now that the basics are explained, some how-to's

A) Before race start, each team must tell the race organizer (that'll be me :D ) who they designate as their driver #1 and #2

B) Drivers #1 of each team are the ones that will have the honor to start the race. Drivers #2 will have the honor of finishing it.

C) Since there's no quali, in whatever grid we get we start lap 1 as an "installation lap". During that lap, drivers #1 will assume the front positions in the pack, but respecting their relative grid order. Drivers #2 will fall back, order being irrelevant in their case.

D) By the end of Lap 1, the "pole position" Driver #1 will lead the pack in the downhill straight at a speed of no more than 100 kmh (60 mph). Race begins in corner exit for the start/finish straight. Full throttle ASAP.

E) So, lap 2 is the first race-lap for Drivers #1. Drivers #2 will do this second lap in lively but not race-pace mode and will pit at the end.

F) After their first stint ends, Drivers #1 pit and Drivers #2 get released to race.

G) And Vice versa, until the end of the race by drivers #2. TWO IMPORTANT RULES MUST BE FOLLOWED.
G.1) All drivers must do at least three (3) stints;
G.2) Drivers #1 must complete 15 laps and drivers #2 must complete 16 laps (thus ending the race) so, in total, all teams will do 31 laps.

... to be continued ... and completed ...

Last edited:
I'm in for Wednesday's Love 2 Hate Trophy Cup 👍

All the best
Maz

Post at the top of this page has been updated, with more info of Team Racing proceedings. Any doubt, please ask. :)

RACE WEDNESDAY No 12 - Whats in your garage??
300 - 350

OPEN T&L EVENT

5480702127_34563a8f75_z.jpg

Time: wednesday 06.04.11 at 21:00 GMT - 30 min qualifying

Track No 1:
Track No 2:
Track No 3:

Duration: 10 laps roughly xx minutes of driving + qualifying
Pitstops: 1 mandatory pitstop required between laps 5 & 9[/COLOR]

CAR SPECIFICATIONS

Road cars <300 bhp
Bhp limit: 300 - 350 bhp
Weight : >1200 kg
Tyres: Sports hard

Modification:

* NO MODIFICATION
* NO AIDS - ABS 1

THE STORY

Whats in your garage

In this race series you can use whatever car you like as long as the car is completely stock and the engine produce between 300 - 350 bhp.
Gran Turismo 5 car list

PARTICIPANTS

RESULTS

Last edited:
Im in for the Arganil race. Im not sure my usuall team mate Jukka will be with me but Ill get something sorted by tomorrow.

Back