Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
No, but optional extras that can, and are often, done by any dealership of the respective car brand, which the M Performance parts are, aren't really what I'd call modifications.
If the M performance parts do not come on the M3 as stock and it aesthetically changes the look of the original car, I would class it as a form of modification. Also you stated it has been lowered so correct it has been modified.

If the M performance parts do not come on the M3 as stock
Personally I think that the way the car comes out of a dealership is the way it should be considered stock, and as the M Performance pack is something that can be on an M3 when it's first driven out of a dealer by the first owner I won't consider it a modification.

Last edited:
If the M performance parts do not come on the M3 as stock and it aesthetically changes the look of the original car, I would class it as a form of modification. Also you stated it has been lowered so correct it has been modified.
Yeah, it has been modified. But it's only the ride height, really.

We're not saying "LOL NEEDS BIG WHEELS FOR THIS THREAD", far from it, what we're saying is "It's so minor, who would even notice?" But if that floats your boat, then that's fine but you really don't need to be so passive aggressive.

image.jpg

- BMW M Peformance parts. (Front splitter, side skirts, spoiler, grille)
- Bilstein Coilover kit.

Does a car have to have huge flares or some form of bodykit and aftermarket rims to be in this thread?

No, hence the name tasteful as you know. You're in the right others that tend to post here are double dipping from other threads.

No..no way..please, did I really like this?
nissan+leaf.jpg

Come on..it's a Nissan Leaf...but..it's actually modified nicely and not exagerrated... Nice wheels too...

Okay. I'm done. I found a good Prius. I'm not kidding.
modp_1010_15_o+aerodynamics_buyers_guide+toyota_prius.jpg

And another...this one I'm giving a shot in the dark. yes, I do think it's tasteful.
349226.jpg

I've seen Priuses modified and never seen one quite like it. Damn.

Last edited:
SVX
I don't understand why people are afraid to like that generation Prius, I always found it a rather attractive design.

Oh, wait, I'm missing the IT'S A HYBRID SO IT'S EVIL bandwagon...

No people tend to enjoy Hybrid's that aren't stale and reek of those high and mighty "oh I'm saving the environment, you planet killer."

There are plenty of fun hybrid's that aren't even super car level and they're also no where nearly as boring as what we see in most of the Toyota line up. I like the Leaf he posted, but it reminds me a bit of a Apple Mouse.

That model Prius is still a rather good looking car, though. It's not one of the best and nearly everything, other than that and the fact that the hybrid is quite a clever idea, about it isn't as attractive, for instance the owners, the salesmen, and the thing that starts with a T and ends with an A.

How on earth is this tasteful? :yuck: The wheels/tires are [just a few millimeters away from] touching the wheel arches. And there's almost no rubber on those wheels.

Sorry I don't apply to your obviously very strict taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SVX
Sorry I don't apply to your obviously very strict taste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: relax dude, I was just exaggerating. No offense meant. I just don't like the overall look, that's all. The big wheels would have been fine for me, but the extremely lowered ride height that makes the bodywork touch the tires just ruined it for me. :indiff:

:lol: relax dude, I was just exaggerating. No offense meant. I just don't like the overall look, that's all. The big wheels would have been fine for me, but the extremely lowered ride height that makes the bodywork touch the tires just ruined it for me. :indiff:

I thought the exclamation marks certified I didn't take your opinion seriously.

If the wheels were flush then it would look great, but they aren't, and I'm not one to like wheels tucked under like that. It is nice though.

Fredrik Sørlie's Cressida.

1977 Toyota Cressida JZX30

614953_422682941101927_1720065-541872efdb9c9.jpg

"My now sort of infamous Cressida, built by David Riiber in his Underground Garage. It was built on an extremely tight budget, yet with all the right parts and mods. I love this car to death, and it’s changed my life forever. It’s opened doors and hearts, allowing me to chase my dreams." - Fredrik Sørlie

Numbers
211hp at wheels, 1,090kg, weight distribution with driver is 52/48

Engine
2JZ-GE engine swap, HKS Power Flow filter, HKS intake pipe, custom twin 2-inch exhaust, custom alloy radiator from GRP4 Fabrications in Ireland

Driveline
W58 Supra MkII transmission, 6-puck clutch, MA46 Celica Supra rear axle with welded differential

Suspension & Brakes
Full custom front suspension with Cusco lower control arms and ball-jointed caster arms, modified roll center adjusters and steering arms, Toyota Carina steering rack and tie rods, Toyota Corolla KE70 steering column, all mounted to a custom made Underground Garage cross member with repositioned suspension mounting points for better geometry and steering lock, +70° lock without the wheels on, Custom Underground Garage 4-link rear suspension setup with equal-length rods and balljoints, custom coilover setup front and rear by Underground Garage made from Tokico HTS adjustable short stroke dampers, Öhlins springs and custom camber plates, Nissan 200SX discs and MR2 SW20 calipers (front), stock MA46 calipers and discs (rear)

Wheels & Tires
14×7-inch ET0 SSR XR4 Longchamps wheels, 185/60R14 Falken Ziex 912 tyres

Exterior
Added front lip and battle scars

Interior
Bride Brix seats, Takata & MOMO harness seat belts, Nardi steering wheel, old school Pioneer sound system with TS-X9 box speakers

Source - Car Throttle, plus more pics there.

Absolute legend 👍

vp3gBr.gif

Back