Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,666 comments
Sheesh, finally I find a new decent RX-T in a while.
QS3I1574.jpg

Now that's my language right there.
You say it as if its hard to find a nice one :P

Forged rims are about three times stronger than cast rims. Probably three times more expensive to make, too. So three times more expensive to buy. Gotta make a profit on these things.
Oh I know. Believe me. But they've just about manufactured demand as much as they've manufactured the wheels by way of Magnus Walker/Urban Outlaw's popularity. There are less expensive, lighter forged wheels on the market that don't come with the same baggage. I love Fuchs, and I love the Fifteen52/UO take on the Fuchs' design, but I'd be much more inclined to use a set on an air-cooled Volkswagen than a Porsche, but who in their right mind would spend that kind of money on wheels for a Volkswagen?

Sometimes capitalism just plain sucks. :lol:

Forged rims are about three times stronger than cast rims. Probably three times more expensive to make, too. So three times more expensive to buy. Gotta make a profit on these things.
They're also multi-piece wheels, which I'm assuming cost more to manufacter.

They're also multi-piece wheels, which I'm assuming cost more to manufacter.
I suspect more than a one-piece if only available in one width/offset, but options make multi-piece wheels much more cost effective. Also, they may (I don't presume to know whether they do or not) use hoops from another manufacturer that specializes and can offer savings. Of course, I could be wrong about all of that. :lol:

What's modifications did this car receive?
It appears too be slightly lower, I'm not sure though, and some bits that are chrome in the production car seem to be black. I don't know why it's here though, maybe there's supposed to be some performance modification we don't know about.

Does a car have to have huge flares or some form of bodykit and aftermarket rims to be in this thread?
No, but optional extras that can be, and are often, done by any dealership of the respective car brand, which the M Performance parts are, aren't really what I'd call modifications.

Last edited:
Back