Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
While I certainly wouldn't call it tasteful, I wouldn't call it questionable either. A questionable rear-engined Del Sol would have one of these strapped to the trunk--regardless of the standard 225hp (not that even twice that would matter when simply strapped to the trunk).

Always wondered how it drove.
Probably like an MR2 if the MR2 were a FWD econobox that someone decided to turn into a sports car by pulling the engine rearward to drive the opposite wheels. ;)

my34_46.jpg

Never before have I seen 4-lug Sprintstars used so well. :drool:

Last edited:
I was simply saying (or not, apparently) that the mid-engined Integra probably drove okay, but poorly when compared to something that was intended to be mid-engined. Thought goes into cars far beyond what colors to offer it in (I have no doubt you know this) and something that tosses all that thought aside just seems iffy.

I was simply saying (or not, apparently) that the mid-engined Integra probably drove okay, but poorly when compared to something that was intended to be mid-engined.
Ah. Your initial reply was just odd.

Thought goes into cars far beyond what colors to offer it in (I have no doubt you know this) and something that tosses all that thought aside just seems iffy.
That's why I was wondering how it would drive. You're basically putting together your own car at that point, so without any knowledge of how much thought went into it, saying "like an MR2" just didn't seem to be the most reasonable answer. Neither does your answer of it possibly driving good, and possibly driving bad. :lol:

Ah. Your initial reply was just odd.
I'm odd. ;)
That's why I was wondering how it would drive. You're basically putting together your own car at that point, so without any knowledge of how much thought went into it, saying "like an MR2" just didn't seem to be the most reasonable answer. Neither does your answer of it possibly driving good, and possibly driving bad. :lol:
And one can't get an idea without more information. Race cars are typically "just" put together and, if treated in the same manner, most any car has the potential to perform spectacularly. However, simply cutting an engine bay out of the front of a car and welding the structure into the rear of a car so that the engine can be positioned there isn't going to yield the best results. So it begs the question, "How was it built?"--fabbed or rigged?

Red M5 = Needs wider tyres and raising a touch.
First grey one = that's fine but could do with raising slightly.
White M5 = Needs raising.
Second grey one = needs wider tyres and raising a lot.
M3 = Perfect but needs the orange sidelights replacing with clear lenses.
Final one = nope.

Latest Posts

Back