Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
And you think I'm him? Anybody can say "K" like one of my friends I know internet do aswell.

I see no reason to have two accounts. I only have one computer, would be fishy if I gone online and offline all the damn time.

Yeah... anyway.

@Katiegan

FB_IMG_1460234503072.jpg

eBay auction page

I see no reason to have two accounts. I only have one computer, would be fishy if I gone online and offline all the damn time.
I think the implication was intended sarcastically, as it's not uncommon to ask one if they're someone whose behavior they're exhibiting.

I think the implication was intended sarcastically, as it's not uncommon to ask one if they're someone whose behavior they're exhibiting.
You should know better. I msis sarcasm often int he internet and I act serious sometimes so, yes. I'm indeed great at parties.

I'll get myself one more car and I'll be on hiatus of a few days, I feel GTPlanet is taking too much of my time.
14506166632_ded670a43c_b.jpg

As for rear tires, that's the only thing that put it kind aout of place, if teh tire was a bit more inside or had rear fenders, would be a favorite.

Enjoy the evening.

You should know better. I msis sarcasm often int he internet and I act serious sometimes so, yes. I'm indeed great at parties.

I'll get myself one more car and I'll be on hiatus of a few days, I feel GTPlanet is taking too much of my time.
14506166632_ded670a43c_b.jpg

As for rear tires, that's the only thing that put it kind aout of place, if teh tire was a bit more inside or had rear fenders, would be a favorite.

Enjoy the evening.
Still wouldn't call that tasteful.

Well yeah, but even then, there are other options than an LS if you really want to stand out. The E92's V8, the E39 M5 V8, a Ford Coyote (or a Voodoo), perhaps an M5 V10?

But then again, each of those are worth more than 4 E36s, so nevermind.

That's it.

Of course i would prefer a E92 V8 or the M5 V10 on it, but the main reason people do ls swaps is cost-benefit. And i really don't see a reason why it's not tasteful, since it's a good engine with a clean installation.

10338410_505592052905252_3739461074138863006_o.jpg

But, obviously, i was expecting negative reactions. :D

Last edited:
I disagree that vehicles commonly referred to as "stanced" can look good--it's not an aesthetic that appeals to me in the least--but what really incited the rolling of my eyes, my own physical reaction and the smiley used to convey said reaction, was the use of the word. All functional road vehicles have stance by virtue of the necessary components being installed in the appropriate order.

I think everyone here would recognize that what you're saying is correct, but it's kind of universally agreed that when you're referring to stanced cars, you're talking about a certain style.

Then again, as long as it started life as a 3-series not an M3, it's okay.

But yes, the LS swap into everything is tasteless. Still cool, but tasteless.

Find it hard to see how so.

Well yeah, but even then, there are other options than an LS if you really want to stand out. The E92's V8, the E39 M5 V8, a Ford Coyote (or a Voodoo), perhaps an M5 V10?

But then again, each of those are worth more than 4 E36s, so nevermind.

It's probably not so much about standing out but making affordable power on a budget. The fact is an S65 is probably going to be two and half times as much as a LS1-3 and you could probably find an LS6 for less. The Coyote is expensive as well. The reason the list of engines you put is worse for a person on a budget is simple, either their modular or they're over head cam (quad most cases) opposed to simple push rod. Parts on shelf are even more expensive or need to be custom made, as to where LS are nearly universal at this point.

The S62 is probably the only option (due to age) that seems to be as cheap as an LS engine. And as one of those who prefer to see same make engine in same make body, I'd probably go for it first. However the build would most likely outweigh a LS due to how much parts will cost compared to an engine that as I said is near universal in status.

The Voodoo motor is probably the worst pick, because it's a very brand new engine and Ford doesn't even offer you the crank they use in the 350/350R. You have to put in a 302 cross

Last edited:
Back