Tasteful Modifications Thread

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 6,670 comments
Overdone swaps annoy me. LSx's are great platforms but they are just as overdone as 350 swaps and it gets old. Same thing with Coyote swaps. Getting old fast.

Personally I don't build cars for the approval of people on the internet, I build cars for my own enjoyment. I'm guessing it's the same story for most of the "overdone" swaps.

Personally I don't build cars for the approval of people on the internet, I build cars for my own enjoyment. I'm guessing it's the same story for most of the "overdone" swaps.
I get that and I feel the same way, but seeing the same thing stuffed into a million different cars gets old after a while, at least for me. I like to see something different for once.

None of you can argue with this:

steamworkshop_webupload_previewfile_186806093_preview.png

But people have made exact replicas of pretty much every car in Initial D, so you could post those. Its really no different to me making an anime-ish picture of the red Corvette and posting it here

My only rules for engine swapping is Fords stay in Fords, GM in GM, and Mopar in Mopar. Don't cross those three.
This pretty much. A lot of people feel the same way.

You're wrong from the moment you have "rules".
Not so much rules as "guidelines". A Ford in a Chevy up here is asking to get stabbed.

But to swap a Ford, GM, or Mopar into something that is not one of those, like a Miata, at least in my opinion, its a free for all

@Cano Its more like swapping a Mustang engine into a Ford Taurus is acceptable, but a Mustang engine into a Camaro is a no no.

Yeup, as close-minded as usual.
It's just how the culture is. People are brand loyal. I'm on of them (though I'd never go that far).

That said, I still love crazy swaps 👍

But to swap a Ford, GM, or Mopar into something that is not one of those, like a Miata, at least in my opinion, its a free for all
Yup, pretty much.

My only rules for engine swapping is Fords stay in Fords, GM in GM, and Mopar in Mopar. Don't cross those three.
And Rover V8 in a Mini. (BMC A-Series is good too)

Really I all I can say about engine swapping is that you should try to use engine that makes at least some sense in the car.

Last edited:
I know exactly what they mean. They're still close-mindedly wrong. Fortunately, car culture changes more and more every day.
I absolutely agree it is wrong, but it happens and a lot of people do it. 350 Chevys are popular in Fox bodies because you can't go wrong doing that. It's an awesome platform all around. I don't like it, but I accept it and understand their motives.

I would love to drive a 68 Camaro hoodless to a car show and show off that Edelbrock lettering right on the block. Paint them a different colour too so you wouldn't miss it.

It's a lot easier to throw out originality when you lay out the all the costs, weight, power, reliability, and parts availability on the table and see how head and shoulders above the rest an LS swap usually is.
True. I just like to be that guy that says "🤬 you, I wanna try something different."

Also, wouldn't it be cheaper to source a 350? :odd:

European Muscle cars? What universe do you live in?
To me, the only muscle cars are old american cars with big V8s

I'm of the impression he's reffering to engines.

None of you can argue with this:

View attachment 247694

I can: That's a cartoon screenshot, not a picture of a real car.

But people have made exact replicas of pretty much every car in Initial D, so you could post those. Its really no different to me making an anime-ish picture of the red Corvette and posting it here

Except again its not a real picture. Does it need to be spelled out because people can't take the hint from what everyone else is doing?

Boy, you're definately spoiled for choice when it comes to that:

AMG V8
BMW M V8
Audi V8
Aston Martin V8
Jaguar V8
Bentley V8

I'm sure I'm missing more but based on sound alone, that's a good list.

Back