The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Sky looks somewhat Photoshop'd :indiff: Not sure though.
vKO7Q.jpg

Corinth Canal, Greece
XOH51.jpg

R6gM2.jpg

nDbQL.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that's awesome. Make's the spillways of our dams look so boring.

Edit: Didn't see the name of the lake at first, Berryessa is close enough for a day trip for me, that would be something to see. :D

Rue
Yay! My town. This is the best I've managed so far. I hope you don't think I'm being a bit bold putting it in a thread with much better photos...

No, you aren't doing anything wrong. Hong Kong is very beautiful and pictures like that belong in this thread ;).

EDIT:

Edit: Didn't see the name of the lake at first, Berryessa is close enough for a day trip for me, that would be something to see. :D
Are you sure. I think reading about him kindof put me off Lake Berryessa.

Last edited:
Talon
Why? If the radiation is that strong I'm surprised they let people in there.

People are only let in for short periods of time, you wouldn't want to take something that's been sat there since the accident unless you'd like to grow an ear on your knee.

URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_killer"]Are you sure.[/URL] I think reading about him kindof put me off Lake Berryessa.

Wow, I did not know that guy operated so close to where I live. :scared:

People are only let in for short periods of time, you wouldn't want to take something that's been sat there since the accident unless you'd like to grow an ear on your knee.

That could be handy in some situations....

Wow, I did not know that guy operated so close to where I live. :scared:

I can imagine it would have been terrifying at the time. Problem is he's never been caught. I'm fascinated by it. There were strong rumours about a year ago suggesting that someone else had been arrested for the crimes, but I guess since no news has surfaced, it wasn't the guy.

Robert Gray Smith will have you believe it was definately Arthur Lee Allen though. If it was, then you can go to the lake in peace, as Allen is dead.

Why? If the radiation is that strong I'm surprised they let people in there.
Walking through the town isn't too bad, though there are many areas you can't go near if the levels are too high. They also advise people to stay off the grass for any lengthy period of time.

As Float said, those things have been sitting in radiation for over 25 years. The tours are only there for a few hours at the most, so the exposure difference is massive. I believe that 10 years in constant exposure for some of the people who still lived near the accident afterwards, were most certain to be diagnosed with cancer.

That thing is downright spooky. I wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Thankyou! Someone else who agrees with me! Just looking at that image scares the hell out of me, if I were to ever go near it IRL I'd end up feeling sick and weak at the knees, there's something about things like that that really really freak me out :crazy:

Just look at the bloody size of it!
Morning_Glory_Spillway

The exit is pretty bad too:
Morning_Glory_Spillway

I wonder how long you would be underwater from the time you got sucked in to when you got spit out at the other end...

Beautiful. :drool:

I wonder how long you would be underwater from the time you got sucked in to when you got spit out at the other end...

If you weren't thrown against the side and knocked out or got stuck in a pocket somewhere, hard to say if you could make it out the other side by simply holding your breath. Still a horrible way to die. I'd honestly like to meet the guy who thought those things were a good idea.

If it's a 90 metre drop, that levels out too, you'd probably get through in 10-15 seconds, if you survived it, which you probably wouldn't.

Yeah that seems hard to believe there isn't a grid on top. :odd:

Turbo, I dunno if you meant it this way but your location is spelled wrong. :P

Back