The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
White Lions, South Africa
white-lions-south-africa_40065_990x742.jpg

Boy With Balloons, India
boy-with-balloons_39671_990x742.jpg

I got this screen cap from video I took on my iPhone during a thunderstorm 2 weeks ago.

915fcff4.jpg

And I took this picture last month out at the Hoover Dam using a tilt shift filter.

mini_hoover.jpg

I've seen better examples of using tilt and shift lenses in this way but it's Machu Picchu so it gets shared

Machu Picchu, Peru
machu-picchu-trek_40059_990x742.jpg

On September 26, a large solar coronal mass ejection smacked into planet Earth's magnetosphere producing a severe geomagnetic storm and wide spread auroras. Captured here near local midnight from Kvaløya island outside Tromsø in northern Norway, the intense auroral glow was framed by parting rain clouds. Tinted orange, the clouds are also in silhouette as the tops of the colorful shimmering curtains of northern lights extend well over 100 kilometers above the ground. Though the auroral rays are parallel, perspective makes them appear to radiate from a vanishing point at the zenith. Near the bottom of the scene, an even more distant Pleiades star cluster and bright planet Jupiter shine on this cloudy northern night.
AuroraCorona_FredrikBroms_27sep2011_APOD1750.jpg

That's got to be a photoshop. Otherwise he's getting on for 9ft. People as tall as that are not as 'well built' as that.

Yeah i really cant tell either. Have you noticed the beer on his hand? looks real :scared:.

That's definitely fake. The other three guys don't appear to be standing on the ground, and their outlines against him aren't particularly convincing.

Plus, he looks about a foot taller than the tallest living man.

I love studying pictures and spotting photoshops... makes me feel like a detective.... either that or Ive been playing LA Noire too much :/

Back