The amazing and cool photo thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,669 comments
  • 1,214,920 views
Spoilsport :p

Literally all I know is in the photo he's testing the Ferrari 643 car at Spa, 1991.
 
That's as far as I got with the info yet why would he be testing a Ferrari while driving for McLaren (and winning the championship with them that year too).
 
Going to make a thread in F1
 
Digging up an old post but...

Detroit then and now. Taken from the same building, different zoom.

1942:

900px-Woodward_Ave_Detroit_1942.jpg

Now:

dtw.jpg


Interestingly, there really isn't very much more traffic.
 
Digging up an old post but...

Detroit then and now. Taken from the same building, different zoom.

1942:



Now:

dtw.jpg


Interestingly, there really isn't very much more traffic.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't substantially less actually. Detroits population has almost halved since 1950
 
Interestingly, there really isn't very much more traffic.
There are fewer people living there now than in 1942.
 
Interestingly, there really isn't very much more traffic.

Everyone moved out when they had to drive with lane markers and traffic signals.
 
Frozen waterside promenade at Lake Geneva
An-ice-covered-car-on-the-003.jpg
 
Hamster is the cutest thing :)👍
 
I for one welcome our alien overlords! :dopey:

Great shot though.
 
Here are more, I took them myself while coming home from school (my school's 5 minutes away from this place):

IMG_1531.jpg


IMG_1533.jpg


IMG_1530.jpg


IMG_1534.jpg


IMG_1535.jpg
 
How did that happen? Something to do with the ocean?
 
Crazy stuff, looks pretty amazing though.

Indeed it does. I wish I could've stayed longer to enjoy the view, but I was avoiding freezing to death.

Jai
How did that happen? Something to do with the ocean?

Well currently the temperatures look like this:

IMG_1511.jpg


And i'm not sure whether it's due to convection, but there are pretty strong winds coming from Lac Léman (Lake Geneva), so i'm guessing that the winds blew the water onto this street, freezing it rather quickly, and beautifully.
 
San Francisco in May 1906. About as rare of a photo as you'll ever see

zOD9l.jpg
 
I've swam in Lac Léman while I was camping in Vevey...it was about 40C warmer on that day though!
 
Jai
It doesn't look at tall as it looks now..

Are you being ironic or did you not know it was destroyed by an earthquake in April 1906?
 
Are you being ironic or did you not know it was destroyed by an earthquake in April 1906?

It's Jai, to answer your question. If he does know something he'll ask anyway to score a higher post count :rolleyes:
 
No.. I didn't know that San Francisco was destroyed back in April 1906..

And no.. I won't ask if I don't need to, please don't make assumptions like that..
 
Jai
It doesn't look at tall as it looks now..

I was there a year ago and I figured it was much hillier than in the photo. Might just be the POV that's making it look like that though.
 
Back