The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Judging by how close the island is, I'd say that storm is probably over 30 miles off in the distance. It's not unreasonable to say they took a picture of the island in front of a storm way off behind it.

Hmm, I don't know. The bottom side of the storm behind the island looks strange to me, along with the the area just above the huts on the right side. If it really came from that website too, it's called "fantasyartdesign.com", so... :confused:

I say it's two real images photoshopped together. Look really closely at the bottom of the storm and the top of the island. Just looks a little too fake to me...

Speaking of possibly fake...

0JYbD.jpg

Last edited:
That one definitely looks real, although could have some touch ups. I would think that reflection in the water would be hard to fake.

That one definitely looks real, although could have some touch ups. I would think that reflection in the water would be hard to fake.

Especially with the light textures. Unlike the above it doesn't look fake either. If you ever go close to a tropical climate and a cold front sets it, you see that massive contrast.

@ Neal...

I will be doing that this weekend on the Keizersgracht :) Been waiting 15 years to FINALLY skate on the canals. WOOHOO!

^ ditto, must get back there some time soon...without the kids.

@ Neal...

I will be doing that this weekend on the Keizersgracht :) Been waiting 15 years to FINALLY skate on the canals. WOOHOO!

Awesome mate 👍 I'd spend most of the time on my arse but I'd still have a crack at it.

haha I want to go back too! I love that city UKGTP15 @ Amsterdam anyone :P

I'm down for that :P

Awesome mate 👍 I'd spend most of the time on my arse but I'd still have a crack at it.

You can just walk as well :) I've even seen people biking across the canals over the ice in the past days..

Yes, actually, and he's right. The plane naturally crabs into the wind, and when landing the proper technique is to use the rudder to keep the nose pointed straight down the runway to avoid side-loading the gear, and bank into the wind to both avoid being blown off sideways and avoid wind getting under the wing and flipping the plane over, which nearly happened to that pilot.
The question wasn't directed at you. It was for Anghammarad who came across sounding like a pilot who could have done a better job of landing the plane.

Various082.jpg

Nothing to see here, just a couple racecars sitting in a parking lot

lovelycars11rn_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Sunset silhouette of a flying fortress, at Langley Field, Virginia, in July, 1942.

s_w33_1a35090u.jpg

I'd really like to see more high quality pictures from the distant past. Very interesting to me.

I'd really like to see more high quality pictures from the distant past. Very interesting to me.

This is a 65-page thread someone sent me to and it's all about old photos - HQ included. I've been making my way through there and posting a few of them here. Not even half way through! lol

http://forums.kilometermagazine.com/showthread.php?5156036-Vintage-photos....Awesome!/page1

Speaking of which...

Hand-colored 1925 photograph:

025-1036_21.jpg

Random shot of the street from way back when (don't know for sure, looks like mid-high 40s).

5169003374_08494d8a13_b.jpg

ww2-ipad-wallpaper-b17-bomber.jpg

s_f37_10428064.jpg

A dog sits in the middle of an empty Times Square during 10-minute civil defense test air raid alert in New York, on April 28, 1961. Besides the dog, only police are visible in the usually bustling area. (AP Photo/Bob Goldberg)

Something more modern, but still cool.
5yH5h.jpg

Last edited:
Back