The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
tumblr_lqcq5nPAH01r0k1b1o1_500.jpg

What is the significance of this picture?

F1 drivers? Sleeping on the floor and sharing beds in some hall? Looks like a fun time. :)

I'd say the significance is you probably wouldn't see something of the sort nowadays.

Looks like a Zero to me.

The flickr description is 'three-seat Japanese float plane', but the aircraft outline isn't clear enough to judge with 100% certainty. Looks more like a Aichi D or E from what I can C (eh, eh!).

Photos of submerged aircraft wrecks amaze me. To think that there are thousands of these unmarked graves in seas and oceans all over the world is chilling but fascinating.

The flickr description is 'three-seat Japanese float plane', but the aircraft outline isn't clear enough to judge with 100% certainty. Looks more like a Aichi D or E from what I can C (eh, eh!).

Photos of submerged aircraft wrecks amaze me. To think that there are thousands of these unmarked graves in seas and oceans all over the world is chilling but fascinating.

This 👍 I've been to many air museums and seen lots of amazing planes, but the ones that fascinate me the most are the ones that they just pulled from the bottom of a lake or an ocean. It's cooler when they let you touch a piece of un-refurbished history, too.

Actually by memory Everest is now considered 8850m or 29035ft.

Dependant on age or source of the information the original 8848m (29028ft) and outside range is 8852m (or about 29041ft). Hence the accepted middle ground.

Blame it on my parents, I got sent to my grandma's 2-3 weeks during Xmas holidays every year. It was in the middle of nowhere and the only decent thing to read was about a dozen Guinness Book or Records... (yes, cover to cover every year... I got to know what records changed in the end!)

Yes sad I know.

Heck maybe I do go to too many quiz evenings...

Last edited:
Time-lapse shot of planes landing at night

V2EDO.jpg

Composite shot of hundreds of planes taking off from Hanover Airport.. or so they said

XEmCJ.jpg

Last edited:
Nice composite but they didn't all take off at Hannover...

I see a Cessna 172 there with a N584SP registration (from the USA), Air New Zealand Link, Virgin Express, Jet Blue, Southwest, Aloha and Diamond Katana N521L from the USA. None of those would have taken off from Hannover ;) (just saying lol)

Back