The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Om6SD.jpg

Either that's 'shopped or it was taken somewhere where the stars are so bright they can be captured like that at a fast shutter speed (hence the 'frozen' bubbles). Which is fairly unlikely.

Probably one single shot, taken by covering the lower half just after the shutter release, and letting the stars "sink in" for the remaining of the exposure. Mostly done with a cloth, or sometimes even the fingers. 👍

Probably one single shot, taken by covering the lower half just after the shutter release, and letting the stars "sink in" for the remaining of the exposure. Mostly done with a cloth, or sometimes even the fingers. 👍

Lol if it was going to be a single shot more likely it was a water-resistant remote slave fired from behind the diver instead of fingers blocking the lower part of the lens. Just have a look at where the lighting is coming from. Its the only way that shot could have been made underwater. Short of dodging and burning in the darkroom I havn't really heard much of digits being used to alter the lighting in photography.

Yes, there's a possibility it could be real, but its an example where its much easier through the photoshop. 👍

Spooky. I've had that Hannover airport shot as my desktop pic since last year. I can't remember the artists name but he has created a number of images like this. I'll see if I can find the original link to his work.

1) I've seen photo opportunities like that before, just never have a camera on me. And even if I did, my camera sucks so it wouldn't matter. :indiff:

2) Sadly, we'll never see that again. :(

3) Dubai? That place is crazy.

2) Sadly, we'll never see that again. :(

You can, they still need to be moved to museums (except Atlantis - it gets a short drive to the Visitors Complex). Discovery is being flown to DC in mid April - they'll be announcing details of the event sometime next week. For people on the West Coast, Endeavour is probably going to be paraded from LAX to the California Science Center, but I'm not sure when that's happening.

Back