The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
attachment.php

Pen-Y-Fan, from the top.

Yosemite CA

Been there, got a very similar photo. Lots of other great scenes in that park too. Very crowded though, lots of traffic.

👍

But I prefer my picture :P

iwGHu.jpg

Your picture actually gives the impression that it was taken from a high place!

Unfortunately it will have to be removed, I can positively identify at least 5 serving members of the SAS hidden in the long grass when I zoom in.

Your picture actually gives the impression that it was taken from a high place!

Unfortunately it will have to be removed, I can positively identify at least 5 serving members of the SAS hidden in the long grass when I zoom in.
It's great when you bump into the Army guys, 20+ kg of kit and exhausted trying not to get sniffed by every dog that sees them.

Looks like El Capitan somewhat.

Wow, good eye. Unless you already knew, El Capitan is in the same park. This might be the same pond.

El Capitan

el-capitan-in-yosemite.jpg

Also in the park:

Half Dome
(You can drive to where this photo was taken. I have some similar shots without the awesome lighting and fog)
ss-half-dome.jpg

Another shot of Yosemite Falls
6.1243400280.yosemite-falls-upper-and-lower.jpg

Bridal Veil Falls
bridalveil-fall-350w.jpg

Vernal Falls
vernal-fall-350w.jpg

Nevada Falls
yosemite-national-park-nevada-falls.jpg

Horsetail Falls
30115.jpg

Here's a shot of the yosemite valley with bridal falls on the right, el capitan on the left, half dome in the back.

tunnel-view.jpg

Should be on everyone's bucket list.

yosemite-valley-i8bjch-xl.jpg

But... if you're thinking about going, this would not be the year to do it. We didn't get nearly enough snow this year.

Last edited:

It is indeed an awesome place. But like you said, it is incredibly popular and therefore very crowded. When we went it was at the back end of the summer, and the falls were mostly dry following a long spell of unseasonably hot weather, but it still wasn't enough to spoil the experience.

I find this so fascinating. Henry VIII's armour, dated 1544. He was a... 'heavy set' gentleman.

150px-Henry_VIII_armor_by_Matthew_Bisanz.JPG
220px-Henry-VIII-kingofengland_1491-1547.jpg

I find this so fascinating. Henry VIII's armour, dated 1544. He was a... 'heavy set' gentleman.

150px-Henry_VIII_armor_by_Matthew_Bisanz.JPG
220px-Henry-VIII-kingofengland_1491-1547.jpg

Any plate armour is fascinating, i've had the pleasure of watching an armourer beat plate out of sheet metal and it was incredible. Every single strike of the hammer was placed exactly where needed, as if not even a robot could rival the armourers accuracy.

Let's bow deeply before Discovery, ladies and gentlemen!

Any plate armour is fascinating, i've had the pleasure of watching an armourer beat plate out of sheet metal and it was incredible. Every single strike of the hammer was placed exactly where needed, as if not even a robot could rival the armourers accuracy.

I dream of buying something medieval/renaissance etc. -related of this sort. A 120-cm two-handed axe would be just perfect :3

Last edited:

But... if you're thinking about going, this would not be the year to do it. We didn't get nearly enough snow this year.

I would love to make it out there, it reminds me of the mountains of British Columbia which I loved, only a little bigger in scale. Will definitely be looking into it a little more.

The Flight Deck of Space Shuttle Endeavour
EndeavourFlightDeck_cooper_1050.jpg

Near the village of Palangan, in Iran's Kurdistan province
Eyewitness-Palangan-Iran-007.jpg

Me being an aviation/spaceflight fanatic, that first photo is just purely mesmerizing. The blueish glare on the window (I guess from a floodlight outside), just makes it better :D

Just imagine sitting in that, and also seeing Earth from those windows :drool:

Just imagine sitting in that, and also seeing Earth from those windows :drool:

You might be in luck...

"The retired space shuttles are now being sent to museums, with Endeavour being sent to California Space Center in Los Angeles, California, Atlantis to the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex on Merritt Island, Florida, and Discovery to the Udvar-Hazy Annex of the National Air and Space Museum in Chantilly, Virginia. Therefore sitting in a shuttle pilot's chair and personally contemplating the thrill of human space flight may actually be in your future."

...of course the earth will be somewhat closer to those windows than you were hoping ;)

That's great news, the problem is that the Maldives is on the other side of the world from the U.S. :lol:

I'm glad they aren't being scrapped. After all, they've become such an important part of the history of human spaceflight 👍

They all do, the whole thing is remote controlled from Houston....unfortunately to avoid spillages it's delivered as an enema.

Back