The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Heh, my flatmate was showing me the "reboot universe" pic today. There were others along similar lines too that amused me.

Just saw this outside my house, I thought it was pretty cool
6168_153542598168_716653168_3317022_899172_n.jpg

Not sure if there is any spectacular science behind it. but its cool :D

Ron Paul and Barry Goldwater Jr. Two people you'd not expect to be on a boat on a boat. Anything on a boat is cool and awesome.

I thought this was more interesting than awesome, but it's the internet traffic levels for "Michael Jackson".

mj.jpg

That was about 3 years earlier. I think 2005 was his child molestation charges.

In terms of photography and depth, the final rendering doesn't really make sense. The rain layer is terribly two-dimensional too, not to mention it would take some astonishing outside lighting to actually capture that much of it.

Man, I have a daytime one with shuttles on both pads - I may have to change desktops again.

Is that during a launch? I thought they didn't launch when there's cloud cover because of lightning?

Is that during a launch? I thought they didn't launch when there's cloud cover because of lightning?
No, the launch was delayed due to weather...obviously. If you look at the big version the shuttle is in the center of the spotlights.

Side note: It was delayed again last night due to a fuel valve issue.

A couple weeks late on that balloon theme. Being on ground above cloud level is something that everyone should experience once in their lives'. One of the few simple pleasures of life on Earth.

f40_20104875.jpg

Latest Posts

Back