• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Fun WWII fact time:
hidingaplanefactory.png

Not photos as such, but fairly amazing.

Jerez97qualifying1.png

Jerez97qualifying2.png

Jerez97qualifying3.png

From the qualifying session for the 1997 European GP, for those who don't know.

Nazroo, a mahout (elephant driver), poses for a portrait while taking his elephant, Rajan, out for a swim in front of Radha Nagar Beach in Havelock, Andaman Islands. Rajan is one of the few elephants in Havelock that can swim, so when he is not dragging timber in the forest he is used as a tourist attraction. The relationship between the mahout and his elephant usually lasts for their entire lives, creating an extremely strong tie between the animal and the human being. (Photo and caption by Cesare Naldi)

Even during the Arirang Mass Games in North Korea, the ultimate expression of the state ideology, an individual can still sometimes stand out from the crowd and break free of the collective. If only just for a moment. (Photo and caption by Brendyn Zachary)

Even during the Arirang Mass Games in North Korea, the ultimate expression of the state ideology, an individual can still sometimes stand out from the crowd and break free of the collective. If only just for a moment. (Photo and caption by Brendyn Zachary)

I hope he wasn't executed or something.

Are those cars parked, or is that traffic? Because I see a perfectly legitimate passing lane.

^ image description:

Taxis line up to get their tanks filled on a viaduct in Chongqing municipality November 17, 2009. Central and eastern Chinese provinces faced the worst natural gas shortage in years as supplies were diverted to snowstorm-hit northern China, while producers lacked incentives to expand output because of poor margins, a state broadcaster said on Tuesday. REUTERS/Stringer

Cool photo. Looks EXACTLY like Hong Kong apart from the taxis are a different colour. I wonder how many taxis there are in China including HK? The figure must be huge.

glastomap1wo6t.jpg

Full size

Glastonbury 2004 from the air. 150,000 people, 900 acres and 3,225 toilets! :lol: It's even bigger than that these days too, I have a newer photo in a book I've got but it can't be scanned as it's printed over 2 pages.

Back