The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
There's nothing really cool and amazing about the photos.
You're looking at impoverished housing during the aftermath of the earthquake.
Not knocking anyone for the photos but just not appropriate for this thread. :)

Anywhooo..

RockBottom.jpg

You'll notice some iron rods on the bottom, those are from a small shipwrecked bardge

I just noticed that we have passed 100,000 views and more then 2,000 posts. 👍

passingthegoldengate.jpg

auroraborealis.jpg

154356145311e9a455a7b.jpg

044pics.jpg

Last edited:
Well they are stationed at Langley AFB, near Norfolk Virginia which has all sorts of military stuff going on there. The picture looks like some sort of Civil War era fort. Americans, correct me if I'm wrong...

Well they are stationed at Langley AFB, near Norfolk Virginia which has all sorts of military stuff going on there. The picture looks like some sort of Civil War era fort. Americans, correct me if I'm wrong...

You're right, it is:

Fort Monroe, it's about 4 miles south east of Langley. They've got one of those cool bridge-tunnels near by too.

Ya, that's a crazy place to explore with Google Earth and Bing Maps' "Bird's eye" view!

Yeah, just south of there there's a huge Naval base with subs and half a dozen aircraft carriers 👍

Got to love Google Earth/Maps for this sort of thing.

Yeah, just south of there there's a huge Naval base with subs and half a dozen aircraft carriers 👍

Got to love Google Earth/Maps for this sort of thing.

Yes indeed. I use Bing maps more and more now because of that Bird's eye view... able to see greater detail and with the more 'isometric' view you can see the building's sides too instead of just the roofs!

I saw the video of him on BBC last week. I was amazed how much he moved after being stuck under all the rubble for a week, his mom was the same way. Amazing what the human body can endure if it has too.

Latest Posts

Back