The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Buchlarge.jpg

F00110-800.jpg

Speaking of deep snow, how about Michigan's upper peninsula

QuincySnow.jpg

I'm calling fake on this pic, I mean on it being in fact the Michigan upper peninsula. Every winter this picture surfaces wherever there's been heavy snowfall. I remember when I used to live in Buffalo, NY and there was an 8-hour blizzard in 2000 and a couple of weeks later this pic came around.

I'm calling fake on this pic, I mean on it being in fact the Michigan upper peninsula. Every winter this picture surfaces wherever there's been heavy snowfall. I remember when I used to live in Buffalo, NY and there was an 8-hour blizzard in 2000 and a couple of weeks later this pic came around.

That picture might not be from the UP but they do get snow amounts like that on some winters. According to the story though that picture if from Qunicy City, MI...which according to Goolge Maps is in the centre of the LP.
Link: http://www.strangecosmos.com/content/item/15279.html

I mean really?
1092.jpg

Why people live up there is beyond me.

And here is a snow gauge in Mohawk, MI where winters can dump 250" or more of snow.

758.gif

I'm not saying the regions don't get a lot of snow, because clearly they do. I was just calling out that particular pic.

Incidentally, I really miss those kinds of winters. Then again, when I lived them I didn't have to drive anywhere since I lived within walking distance of college and never really had to suffer the hell that must've meant driving in those conditions.

Just in case you haven’t heard, all of your contributions to this thread have made “The amazing and cool photo thread” best of GTP for 2009.

shalini-8794-mother-nature-best-mother-nature-great-canyon-visions-earth-glen-wild-crusade-california-alps-cletic-realm-at-her-ppt-powerpoint-118_88.jpg

2009%20Best%20Photos%2011_thumb.jpg

2009bestphotos422.jpg

2009bestphotos402.jpg

Thank you taking the time to share what you find. Keep up the great work and lets do it again for 2010.

I certainly didn't see anythong on this, but these are pics taken from www.boston.com and aboutthe 2010 Dakar Rally

Aerial view of the Parc ferme of the Dakar 2010 in Buenos Aires on December 31, 2009.

Russian BMW driver Leonid Novitskiy and German co-driver Andreas Schulz try to escape after becoming stuck in the sand during the 8th stage of the Dakar 2010, between Antofagasta and Copiapo, Chile, on January 10, 2010.

A rider climbs a riffled sand dune during the seventh stage of the Dakar Rally between Iquique and Antofagasta, Chile, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.

South African Giniel De Villiers drives his Volkswagen during the 8th stage of the Dakar 2010, between Antofagasta and Copiapo, Chile, on January 10, 2010.

BMW's driver France's Stephane Peterhansel and co-driver Jean-Paul Cottret cross a valley during the seventh stage of the Argentina-Chile Dakar Rally 2010 between Iquique and Antofagasta, Chile, Friday, Jan. 8, 2010.

Imageshack is being Imageshack-ish, so some images seem not to be loading. There should be 5

How often do you get to see your nations symbol resting on a tree branch outside your work office? Not often, but an internets 'friend's' wife gets to see this beautiful bird every year around this time of year.

IMG_0795.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

IMG_0820.jpg

That last picture is absolutely epic.
Wonderful photography.

This IS the best thread on the 'Planet. ;)

Latest Posts

Back