The amazing and cool photo thread

• Thread starter UnoMOTO
  • 8,605 comments
Moonbow

3191250682_ca42a795ef_o.jpg

From digg:

This stunning shot captures a rare lunar rainbow, or moonbow. The photographer writes: "Just after 1am in the middle of the night I noticed some geometrical formation in the sky on Fraser Island. I quickly stopped the car and turned off the light. It was then that I realised I am witnessing the rare event....a rainbow at night."

LGM-118A Peacekeeper missile system being tested at the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands.
354026950_2cfea5f046_o.jpg

Last edited:
From digg:

This stunning shot captures a rare lunar rainbow, or moonbow. The photographer writes: "Just after 1am in the middle of the night I noticed some geometrical formation in the sky on Fraser Island. I quickly stopped the car and turned off the light. It was then that I realised I am witnessing the rare event....a rainbow at night."

Why would it be called a moonbow when a normal rainbow isn't called a sunbow? :dunce:

From digg:

Wow. Never knew it actually had a name. I was on my way to work the other night when I noticed a rainbow in front of the moon.

I have been -- and always will be -- your friend... Live. Long. And. Prosper.

Absolutely wonderful picture.
How that baby isn't scared to death of that big kitty I don't know but wow, what a timely shot.
Thank you for that.

Back