The amazing and cool video thread

• Thread starter Danoff
  • 3,558 comments
RUI
@ horde: that vid may look kind of cool and all, but if you have to advertise your country like that something's definitely very wrong!

Whats wrong about enhancing the vids title in bigger letters?! Im not really sure what you meant! And you do know the story behind this vid right? Why and for whom was it made?

Last edited:
Whats wrong about enhancing the vids title in bigger letters?! Im not really sure what you meant! And you do know the story behind this vid right? Why and for whom was it made?

I didn't mean you, horde! :) I used you meaning a person .

If a person, or a group of people, feel they need to remember the world about the 500-year-old glory days of Portugal, it just means (IMO) that those times are well gone and forgotten.
Also, the fact of having had a great empire and having been one of the richest countries in the world only underlines our shortsightedness: all was wasted and misspent back in the XVI century pretty much like it is these days. What did we build out of it? Our greatest achievement was probably Brazil, but, alas, we had to let it go early on in the XIX century; typically, only then did the Portuguese begin exploring their huge African possessions (ours since the XV century!), but it was too late, as you may have learned in school.
So now what have we got to show? A couple of talented footballers and an arrogant football coach... 👎

Jay
I don't, please share.

Interesting video by the way.

Portugal needs a bail out from the EU (like Greece and Ireland in recent months). The Finns (or rather, the True Finns) threatened to veto the plan and someone here in Portugal thought of this video as a way to show them we were trustworthy, a sort of, hey, we may be broke now, but we used to be huge! We even sent you some clothes and stuff back in the 1940's...

Sorry everyone else for the long off topic post.

Back