The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge, Season 2 Discussion!

For season 2, I'll be having a more casual feel for the series. All you'll have to do is say you're going to show up to the race that day. Of course you can still sign up, but the first 8 in each class will be the ones to race that class. There will still be points, with a revised system. No more RUF's, addition of the Ford in ST and the Mazda. GS will just be without the RUF too. No additions to GS.

Schedule:

Daytona
Grand Valley East
Indy
Tokyo
Autumn Ring
Rome
Cape Ring Inside
Laguna Seca

Races will be about 30-40 minutes, 5:30 EST friday room starting time. Racing Hard tires still needed.

I'll mess around with the wear levels, we may use the one that is faster than normal, but not as fast as very fast. I can't say for sure though.

polarbear345
For season 2, I'll be having a more casual feel for the series. All you'll have to do is say you're going to show up to the race that day. Of course you can still sign up, but the first 8 in each class will be the ones to race that class. There will still be points, with a revised system. No more RUF's, addition of the Ford in ST and the Mazda. GS will just be without the RUF too. No additions to GS.

Schedule:

Daytona
Grand Valley East
Indy
Tokyo
Autumn Ring
Rome
Cape Ring Inside
Laguna Seca

Races will be about 30-40 minutes, 5:30 EST friday room starting time. Racing Hard tires still needed.

I'll mess around with the wear levels, we may use the one that is faster than normal, but not as fast as very fast. I can't say for sure though.

What time for the races though? Cause i get out of work at 2:30pm PST. i could be on in 20 after that

polarbear345
Race will start at about 6:30 Eastern, you'll be good :)

Ok that means the people that race in this & my series have 30 minutes to get to your room.

polarbear345
Race will start at about 6:30 Eastern, you'll be good :)

Oh good. That makes me feel better. So do we have to wait for the season 2 thread to be up to register cause if not....honda civic si ST class *cough* *cough*

If we use HARD tires again they'll last for a good while if you run tire wear on 'Normal'. If you run them on 'Fast' it will be around the wear of late last season when the new tire wear update came about- 2.08 it was. It'll definitely force a pit stop, but the fuel efficiency really goes down. You drop fuel like crazy.

tbwhhs
Is there going to be a race this Friday?

Probably not, but if there's enough interest we'll have one.

And Seth, we may do a race with the 'fast' stuff on. Then we can compare with the new normal.

polarbear345
Probably not, but if there's enough interest we'll have one.

And Seth, we may do a race with the 'fast' stuff on. Then we can compare with the new normal.

One person with interest!

Back