The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 965 comments
Lol so I've been getting back to grinding Sardegna/Le Mans/Spa recently since I got a PS Portal and can toss in a random race during the work day (I WFH full time) and am all the way up to 429/497 cars now. I just checked my profile and it says I've spent 240MM on cars. Does that seriously mean that despite the fact I'm 86% of the way there in terms of car ownership that I'm essentially only halfway there credit-wise? Might abandon the idea again if so :lol: or at least realize it might not happen for a year or so
Well, I've made 629,360,578 credits and I've spent 468,035,761 of them on all the cars in the game, so... yeah, you have a long way to go. I recommend finding your favorite race of the big 4 and trying out every conceivable car that could run and win that race. I've run Tokyo in probably 100+ cars (maybe 150???) and they all have their subtle nuances to them. Some are really good; others are good but a bit boring, and some are terrible. Even though I own every car, every wheel, every paint chip and have over 90M credits in my account I'm now retrying Tokyo in engine swapped cars to see how those fare. Why not?

Lol so I've been getting back to grinding Sardegna/Le Mans/Spa recently since I got a PS Portal and can toss in a random race during the work day (I WFH full time) and am all the way up to 429/497 cars now. I just checked my profile and it says I've spent 240MM on cars. Does that seriously mean that despite the fact I'm 86% of the way there in terms of car ownership that I'm essentially only halfway there credit-wise? Might abandon the idea again if so :lol: or at least realize it might not happen for a year or so
So far I spent 0 credits and acquire 0 credits so I still have a long way to go.:lol:

Two years since I got GT7 and the roulette has never issued me a Bugatti and Ferrari invite. I have every single car but the Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo and the FXXK
For is the contrary , I always getting the Ferrari invite so for a moment I thought maybe this is a common Invite or maybe is because I choose Ferrari on the Manufacturer Cup , idk. But I got a lot of Ferrari invites, and Bugatti too. On my last count I was with 5 invites, got a 6th and did a rerroll, but got a Lambo, but I never got Porsche and Aston Martin, 2 years playing too, with some months off.

For is the contrary , I always getting the Ferrari invite so for a moment I thought maybe this is a common Invite or maybe is because I choose Ferrari on the Manufacturer Cup , idk. But I got a lot of Ferrari invites, and Bugatti too. On my last count I was with 5 invites, got a 6th and did a rerroll, but got a Lambo, but I never got Porsche and Aston Martin, 2 years playing too, with some months off.

Absolute classic 😂 I've got all the Ferraris, Porsches, Astons and Paganis but nothing on Bugatti and Lamborghini. Been playing on and off since launch day.

Absolute classic 😂 I've got all the Ferraris, Porsches, Astons and Paganis but nothing on Bugatti and Lamborghini. Been playing on and off since launch day.
I'm almost exactly in the same boat, I got the Aston invite at least 3 times by now, but never then Bugatti and Lamborghini ones. I'm only missing the Veneno however because due to some RNG miracle the game gifted me the invitation only Veyron directly from a 6 star car ticket a few weeks ago.

Since release
Total cars in garage: 570 cars (includes dups)
288 unique cars collected out of 500 (58% of full collection)
Bought 435 cars

Amount spent on cars: $136,650,000
Amount spent on customization: $1,279,000
Amount spent on tuning: $12,827,000
Total credit acquired: $152,983,642

Distance driven: 31,293 miles
Total play time : 666 hours
Total time driven : 213 hours

Let's do some extrapolation:

If $489,000,000 is needed to complete full complete garage at this point (fortunately and unfortunately we know Pd will add a few more cars), but at that moment, how much more time and effort will I need to complete this game (without adding anymore duplicates):

136,650,000 / 489,000,000 =~ 2.80
31,293 miles × 2.8 =~ 88,000 miles
666 × 2.8 =~ 1900 hours
2 years × 2.8 =~ 5.6 years from here
2024 + 5.6 = 2030 !

At current rate of gaming personally, GT7 should last me until 2030 !

Last edited:
Let's do some extrapolation:

If $489,000,000 is needed to complete full complete garage at this point (fortunately and unfortunately we know Pd will add a few more cars), but at that moment, how much more time and effort will I need to complete this game (without adding anymore duplicates):

136,650,000 / 489,000,000 =~ 2.80
31,293 miles × 2.8 =~ 88,000 miles
666 × 2.8 =~ 1900 hours
2 years × 2.8 =~ 5.6 years from here
2024 + 5.6 = 2030 !

At current rate of gaming personally, GT7 should last me until 2030 !
I would recommend an AFK method like this to gain the credits...

i guess im cheap. i have pretty much all the cars except the 20 million credit ones. the most expensive car in my garage is the Porsche 917 - only because im a sucker for that car.

if PD would raise the credit limit i would consider getting one or two

#controllersquad

Last edited:
#controllersquad
Could you join the Shift squad too, please?

GTPlanet Acceptable Use Policy
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

For some reason it's working on "PD" and "Porsche", but not at the start of any of your sentences or the personal "I" pronoun...

I'm almost exactly in the same boat, I got the Aston invite at least 3 times by now, but never then Bugatti and Lamborghini ones. I'm only missing the Veneno however because due to some RNG miracle the game gifted me the invitation only Veyron directly from a 6 star car ticket a few weeks ago.
Only cars I'm missing are the 2 invite-only Astons because I've never had an invite, stupid system is broken

Clear evidence that the economics are broke. I'm tired of grinding Spa and Sarthe. That cannot be what the game designers intended....? Grinding Spa 20 times to get one legend car. Bleh. Come on Poly. Fix your house.

Clear evidence that the economics are broke. I'm tired of grinding Spa and Sarthe. That cannot be what the game designers intended....? Grinding Spa 20 times to get one legend car. Bleh. Come on Poly. Fix your house.
Spa 20 times would net you 30M credits. You only need to grind it 14 times to buy the 20M credit cars.

Edit: I've said it in a number of threads already, but none of the 20M credit cars are really worth their price. I own them all and have not found any of them to be dominant in any way to their much cheaper competitors.

Last edited:
Spa 20 times would net you 30M credits. You only need to grind it 14 times to buy the 20M credit cars.

Edit: I've said it in a number of threads already, but none of the 20M credit cars are really worth their price. I own them all and have not found any of them to be dominant in any way to their much cheaper competitors.
It's more of a collectors thing. Also that's 14 hours+ so still a lot for one car.

Also, if people just want dominant cars, they can probably buy one in each category for under 20m.

The only solution is: don't grind.
If you don't keep variation and fun in your play you will burn or bore out.
Buy the cheaper cars first and go slow on the last 10 big ticket cars. If you have fun playing, you will get them one by one. Keep your OCD under control and enjoy the game.

The only solution is: don't grind.
If you don't keep variation and fun in your play you will burn or bore out.
Buy the cheaper cars first and go slow on the last 10 big ticket cars. If you have fun playing, you will get them one by one. Keep your OCD under control and enjoy the game.
Or grind and learn to find the joy in grinding. I don't recommend taking only one car to the same track over and over again. That is really boring. I grinded, and still occasionally grind, Tokyo but I tried/used probably 150 cars in my grinding. I have so many 600pp builds, it's crazy. There are some amazing 600pp builds, a ton of really good 600pp builds and some kind of boring and not that great 600pp builds. But going out there in different cars and trying different things made the same race more exciting.

Or grind and learn to find the joy in grinding. I don't recommend taking only one car to the same track over and over again. That is really boring. I grinded, and still occasionally grind, Tokyo but I tried/used probably 150 cars in my grinding. I have so many 600pp builds, it's crazy. There are some amazing 600pp builds, a ton of really good 600pp builds and some kind of boring and not that great 600pp builds. But going out there in different cars and trying different things made the same race more exciting.
I grind at LeMans & Sardegna. I have many different builds for those races. I am always experimenting with different builds for these races. I also love the LeMans track so I don't mind driving there. I do agree that using the same car over and over does get boring

All they had to do was drop payout a little on the big three or four, and raise it a fair amount on every other race. They must think earning cars is what keeps people playing it rather than the experience of driving cars and racing others. It’s fun at the start, earning your way up, but it gets old fast.

All they had to do was drop payout a little on the big three or four, and raise it a fair amount on every other race. They must think earning cars is what keeps people playing it rather than the experience of driving cars and racing others. It’s fun at the start, earning your way up, but it gets old fast.
Considering you can only play the game if you are connected to PD's servers, I think it is safe to say that PD has all the data on every track in their catalogue. How many miles driven on each track from all players, how many hours raced on each track, etc. I'm sure the big 4 are the most raced, most miles driven, most hours spent tracks in the game. Now, PD could look at that and say, "Well, clearly those are the most popular because they pay the most". I would think, as a developer, you would want to see all your tracks getting similar race hours/miles spent, but I'm sure they can see that Broadbean Raceway gets very little, if any, play on it. They could increase the payout for all the other races, but even if they increase the other races by 100k/race, the big 4 are still the best ways of making money. Thats why I've recommended that every monthly update that PD rotates the big 4 payouts to different tracks. It keeps the game feeling a bit more fresh as you can grind all the different tracks, testing and tuning all sorts of different cars. But they will never do it.

Considering you can only play the game if you are connected to PD's servers, I think it is safe to say that PD has all the data on every track in their catalogue. How many miles driven on each track from all players, how many hours raced on each track, etc. I'm sure the big 4 are the most raced, most miles driven, most hours spent tracks in the game. Now, PD could look at that and say, "Well, clearly those are the most popular because they pay the most". I would think, as a developer, you would want to see all your tracks getting similar race hours/miles spent, but I'm sure they can see that Broadbean Raceway gets very little, if any, play on it. They could increase the payout for all the other races, but even if they increase the other races by 100k/race, the big 4 are still the best ways of making money. Thats why I've recommended that every monthly update that PD rotates the big 4 payouts to different tracks. It keeps the game feeling a bit more fresh as you can grind all the different tracks, testing and tuning all sorts of different cars. But they will never do it.
Rotation would be good. At the same time, if they all pay out equally for race time then everyone just runs what they want. Obviously an average race time or people would start a race and just sit there.

If they looked at my stats not tracking online lobbies with friends they’d wonder if I’m even playing the game. Yet I’ve got a heck of a lot of hours into this game. I’ve raced Spa for $1.5 million maybe four times? Sardegna probably 10-15 it’s just easier to fit in. LeMans maybe five times?

Now, if they made it so I could race with a friend in those races that’d be a different story. Imagine being on the same track with someone, not only are you trying to get thru the AI but you’re also in a race with them. That would be great. We’ve started our races together before, but it’s not the same.

What lap times are you running?

Oh that’s pretty much my lap times.

It helps us get through the weekly challenges so it doesn’t feel like such a chore.

2.5 years into this game, with virtually zero grinding, and I am 4mil away from having all the cars. At 2mil per TT, it's looking good for next Thursday! :lol:

The last dozen or so cars I needed, all VGTs which are 1mil/ea. :indiff: Buying many of which are like paying taxes or utilities... just painful to write those checks. :lol:

Last edited:
2.5 years into this game, with virtually zero grinding, and I am 4mil away from having all the cars. At 2mil per TT, it's looking good for next Thursday! :lol:

The last dozen or so cars I needed, all VGTs which are 1mil/ea. :indiff: Buying many of which are like paying taxes or utilities... just painful to write those checks. :lol:
I have not bought and will not buy cars I have no interest in: VGT's, safety cars, nonsensical rally cars.

Two years since I got GT7 and the roulette has never issued me a Bugatti and Ferrari invite. I have every single car but the Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo and the FXXK
Similar for me, I'm 1137 hours in, on 507/511 cars owned and 3 of the 4 remaining cars are invite-only, the Veneno, Carrera GT and the FXXK. Every roulette is trolling me at this point :banghead:

Well, this day has arrived for me.
After all the CEs, Missions and events, after 3 months of daily Sagrinda and 258 daily tickets clocked I've finally collected all the cars.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240824011336.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240824010904 crop 2.jpg

Stats say I've spent 506M on cars (so the thred title needs a long awated update).

Surprisingly, the most frustrating thing was not the grinding but the helpless wait for all the invites to come. If I knew in advance it would take me that long I'd probably spread the grind more evenly.
But then there's the LCD rotation cycle which induces that FOMO to get "yet another 20M" to be ready for the next golden wheely coffin to drop.

Not a pleasant ride to say the least. At least I'm sure I'm not buying the next GT game unless PD fixes their stuff.

Last edited:
If you spent over 500M credits on cars you bought lots of doubles. You get over 100 cars for free just by playing the game.

If you spent over 500M credits on cars you bought lots of doubles. You get over 100 cars for free just by playing the game.
Doesn’t that depend on how he plays the game? I’m guessing some people don’t play through every available challenge, menu book, race and license

Back