The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
Starting watching Railgun. Its unique. I like all the different "powers" people have. Some are pretty creative, such as the power to change the viscosity of asphalt. I think I'll keep watching.
misaka-hotel.jpg

I like all the different "powers" people have. Some are pretty creative, such as the power to change the viscosity of asphalt.

Agree with this statement 100%. The Index series is really creative when it comes to superpowers; a sealed being that negates everything (Touma), the manipulation of vectors in anything to counter enemy strikes (Accelerator), the ability to keep body temperature constant (Uiharu), the absorption and release of static electricity from anywhere (Mikoto), the ability to call upon God's powers to perform special techniques (Kaori), the ability to utterly control human minds (Misaki), the use of cigarette smoke to make signals and the ability to summon a fiery monster (Stiyl)... Kazuma Kamachi has a very imaginative mind, to say the least.

Watch when Sakuya becomes non-playable at the last moment just to spite everybody in the world.
She isn't playable in this game...it's Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Reisen.

Also, the game is called Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom...which means the acronym we'll all call it is LoLK. That's funny.

Let's also all appreciate Reisen's new gun (with bunny ears).

cP544xi.jpg

Sigh, I've created a huge void to fill. I'm up to date with the Monogatari Franchise and I'm desperately waiting for Kizumonogatari. I'm actually really enjoying the show warts and all, so much so that I was curious to check the price of the Blu-Rays today at my local Anime Store.

Here was my reaction after spotting the price:

"
eek7.gif
.......:ill:....... (Slowly backs away and leaves the store)
theyareontome.gif
"

I'll get it someday though :)

I've heard of Railgun but is it worth a watch?

For now though, I'll take 5 from anime. Games need some attention, especially when some mad specials are going on :D

She isn't playable in this game...it's Reimu, Marisa, Sanae and Reisen.

Also, the game is called Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom...which means the acronym we'll all call it is LoLK. That's funny.

Let's also all appreciate Reisen's new gun (with bunny ears).

cP544xi.jpg

uh

Everything in that post leaves me speechless.
And why can't ZUN get someone else to do the art? Was SWR made by other people entirely?

Touhou 15 is coming. Official announcement (in Japanese) from ZUN.

Reisen Udongein Inaba is playable. No words can contain my happiness for her inclusion.
Nor can I describe how fantastic it is to have Sanae back.
Hype!!!

Awesome. Totally awesome.

uh

Everything in that post leaves me speechless.
And why can't ZUN get someone else to do the art? Was SWR made by other people entirely?

I guess he wants his game HIS way. Art isn't his strong suit, but music is; I believe he composed all of the themes from the Touhou verse.

After sinking 150 hours into Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (casual compared to the 600+ hour players I seen), I finally decided to finish up Your Lie In April. One episode left. I don't know what to expect at this point.

Didn't even know this was a thing, but it doesn't surprise me that it is in the slightest. Makes me wonder if it's possible to make an actual good song out of a mashup of anime intros.

Starting watching Railgun. Its unique. I like all the different "powers" people have. Some are pretty creative, such as the power to change the viscosity of asphalt. I think I'll keep watching.
misaka-hotel.jpg

I too am watching Railgun and I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Misaka's badassery is so awesome.

^ Not awesome until pics are produced. Show me your moves.

I never liked how the more recent ones looked art-wise.

Bro it's all about the fan art. :)

SVX

Didn't even know this was a thing, but it doesn't surprise me that it is in the slightest. Makes me wonder if it's possible to make an actual good song out of a mashup of anime intros.

Nakinyko. There are those with a good sense in art, and others without. It's a struggle to hope for something amazing.

Just finished up watching the first episode of Grisaia no Rakuen. Found it pretty enjoyable, found the more emotional scenes not impacting me like usual of Grisaia weirdly enough, but it could be due to the pace being a tad too fast for my liking, as it didn't give the emphasis key moments like when
John got mauled by the bear
enough of an emotional impact considering
how much Yuuji considered John family.
For some reason I was wasn't able to get 'immersed' within the anime like usual, where instead it felt like I was only able to watch from face value. I'll give it another watch tomorrow as the second episode is yet to be subbed.

Certainly no. But what I mean is that the show deals with maturity in both theme and execution.
Index and Railgun seem to be aimed toward a more adolescent audience in terms of characters and story.

That is true, but I still think the way it was actually executed is similar to how Index and Railgun executed their underlying ideas too. They both have silly moments to keep the viewer interested, but at the same time when it does get critical, hell, it gets critical alright.

Finished Shinsekai Yori. First half of the show was pretty bland (could care less about some of the Group One people), but the second half was awesome. I'm thinking that the first half served mostly for world-building. Either way I was genuinely interested once I passed ep 15 or so. Ending was pretty satisfying too, though it was predictable to me.

Late to the party again as usual. So after finishing Your Lie in April

The second half was really morbid in that you just cling onto the hope that she would make it and it would end in a cliche happy ending. As upset it made me that she didn't make it, it's refreshing that it was a very real ending. I kind of got the feeling that she wouldn't make it just from the lyrics and animation of the second ending song.

Having lost a couple friends while growing up, this hit incredibly close to home. Another part that hit incredibly close to home was how Kaori knew of Kousei from when they were little and had always admired him. I knew of this one girl thru my private music lessons for years and we eventually met in high school and got together. The joys of living in a small town right? But these aside, this is one of favorites in a long while.

I need a hug.

Last edited:
Reminds me that I have to watch Your Lie in April :P
Also looking at that profile picture makes me wonder, will there be S2 of Black Bullet?

haha and I was just bashing a show clearly aimed towards younger people, when I like another show with the same problem

Finished Shinsekai Yori. First half of the show was pretty bland (could care less about some of the Group One people), but the second half was awesome. I'm thinking that the first half served mostly for world-building. Either way I was genuinely interested once I passed ep 15 or so. Ending was pretty satisfying too, though it was predictable to me.

What do you personally think the message of the show was?

I foolishly said I would rewatch this someday in hopes of picking up the material, but I have not done so til this day.

SVX
That is true, but I still think the way it was actually executed is similar to how Index and Railgun executed their underlying ideas too. They both have silly moments to keep the viewer interested, but at the same time when it does get critical, hell, it gets critical alright.

I can vouch for this one, actually. After two more episodes of Chuunibyou, that idea is growing on me at a rapid pace. It's a good thing SVX suggested this show to me, since I hadn't had an experience like this since... I dunno, Chobits? But not even Chobits has quite the same message as Chuunibyou, even though they share a similar premise (confused man has to live with a girl, who has strange habits). The third episode is my favourite so far, due to all these reasons:

Yuuta "cosplaying" as a magical girl (chalk that one up for the "WTF moments" list;

The new girl, Sophia;

Another classic "fighting" sequence between Rikka and Sophia;

And Sophia's words in the end of the episode. That was some deep stuff, and I wasn't really expecting it, which only that moment thac much more great.

What do you personally think the message of the show was?

I foolishly said I would rewatch this someday in hopes of picking up the material, but I have not done so til this day.

A rewatch can help a little bit. At least the second half anyways, since I believe most of the messages are expounded the most in the second half.
I can come up with a couple, though it isn't exhaustive
War, Justice, Morals (what's right or wrong), maintaining a utopia, confronting the past, sexuality (this one was mostly in the first half), self-control, brutality, humanism, existentialism, colonial rights, racism...
Personally I think there isn't a central message to this show. It covers multiple, as like any other show that becomes critical.

Last edited:
Back