The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
-> Still watching No Game No Life, its getting good now! :)

-> Something I stumbled at Car Throtte and Jalopnik. This anime is called Goddamn, based on a manga from the '80s:

goddamn-4793.jpg

ANN

MAL

^ Basically it about the world of Group A WRC! Lot of eye-candy cars featured, better roster than Initial D & Wangan Mignight!!!

^ You're welcome!

tumblr_la9qgjWLzu1qa96izo1_500.jpg

;)

Last edited:

-> Something I stumbled at Car Throtte and Jalopnik. This anime is called Goddamn, based on a manga from the '80s:

goddamn-4793.jpg

ANN

MAL

^ Basically it about the world of Group A WRC! Lot of eye-candy cars featured, better roster than Initial D & Wangan Mignight!!!

^ You're welcome!

;)

Wow, now there's a car manga/anime I had never heard of before. Silly name aside, it sounds very interesting; rally animes aren't the most common sight within the car anime land, and Goddamm goes a step further by depcting Class A WRC cars of all things. I'll add that to my watch list immediately!

Also, that last picture is hilarious. :lol:

goddamn-4793.jpg

ANN

MAL

^ You're welcome!

;)

You said my magic words: WRC, but Group A WRC.

May you have enormous amounts of Castrol Oil appear at your doorstep. Free of course

I have to check this out

Well, since I was so curious to see how it was, I swiftly dealt with both episodes of Goddamm. Here's what I think of it:

• The animation is decent, nothing really wrong to point out. Most cars are recognizable, and the characters don't look bad or anything. Gotta love the stereotypical black character design, though. :lol:
  • The action is good, for the most part. It's hard to swallow some of the crazy things that Gen does throughout the whole thing, and that last stage's ending was one of the biggest strokes of luck I have ever seen in a rally race. Not really sure if that would happen in a real rally, but there you go.
  • And the story... Well, the end left a bad taste in my mouth. I have to say this, so I'll post a spoiler to explain it instead:
I don't really dig the idea of the entire Seiou Sport team being disbanded because rich dude upstairs wants to do something else. I was expecting Cotti to step in and save Gen from being sacked or something, not Gen and the entire team to just get fired after such hard work. Gen bashing his teammate's car to get them moving again, the efforts of the team to repair Gen's car after that... I just don't like the way the whole thing finished. I get that they are trying to emulate the idea of rich companies doing their thing regardless of results, but still. Doesn't Seiou know the power of marketing? I would love to see them in today's motorsport, where marketing is just about everything about it... The shock in their faces would be tremendous, I bet.

Oh well, not a bad ride, all things considered. It still has a good car roster, good racing action and an attempt of a good story. To be fair, it's more about the racing itself, so you watching depends on whether you like rallies or not...

In hindsight, No Game No Life actually wasn't that good.
But hey, it was entertaining. If you didn't figure out already, I like girls.

Do you like girls? I'm still not sure if that's true... :P

I can vouch for this one, actually. After two more episodes of Chuunibyou, that idea is growing on me at a rapid pace. It's a good thing SVX suggested this show to me, since I hadn't had an experience like this since... I dunno, Chobits? But not even Chobits has quite the same message as Chuunibyou, even though they share a similar premise (confused man has to live with a girl, who has strange habits). The third episode is my favourite so far, due to all these reasons:

Yuuta "cosplaying" as a magical girl (chalk that one up for the "WTF moments" list;

The new girl, Sophia;

Another classic "fighting" sequence between Rikka and Sophia;

And Sophia's words in the end of the episode. That was some deep stuff, and I wasn't really expecting it, which only that moment thac much more great.

Glad you're enjoying it, but... that's season two. :P

Who is this and why is she holding juice

Why is she holding a juice bottle (?) in her hands? I dunno, maybe because she's thirsty... :P

SVX
Rin Shibuya from THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls.

Ah, The IDOLM@STER; one of the infamous "idol world" animes... Not really sure if I'll ever really enjoy a show from that genre, but there are some good musics to be found, so at least there's that.

wat
Links please :lol:

Here's the dev's blog, and here's his YouTube page. This game definitely blew up, and y'know what? It's a pretty interesting idea. I would even play it myself

---

Started Penguindrum, and hot damn this show is awesome! Threw me off so many times I can no longer count!

Last edited:
I've played around in Yandere Simulator. Seems like the game will be a challenge once complete. Cleanup is really tedious though. During lunch, it's impossible to murder the girls huddled in a circle, but if you do go in and stab one, you have to stab them all. Dragging them to the incinerator is also very tedious. Cleaning up the 50-foot trail of blood is also very tedious.

GTP Avatar Next Week: Lucina (Fire Emblem). I'm going to main her for Smash 4 Online because I lost hope in Mario's short legs in a forever-laggy network.

I've played around in Yandere Simulator. Seems like the game will be a challenge once complete. Cleanup is really tedious though. During lunch, it's impossible to murder the girls huddled in a circle, but if you do go in and stab one, you have to stab them all. Dragging them to the incinerator is also very tedious. Cleaning up the 50-foot trail of blood is also very tedious.

They should have hidden blades.

Your weapons can be concealed in your pocket, but you will need to pull it out if you want to be starting any party.

The demo build I played wasn't advancing anywhere at all. I couldn't develop a relationship with the NPCs an the only way to interact with them was to either get them to notice I was carrying a sharp object or having their necks poked (not cut; poked).

So, I just finished reading the Evangelion manga and, well... I don't know how to express my reaction without the use of profanities. Just... Wow.

There is an extra chapter after the conclusion of the Eva manga. It starts off as an expansion on the story of how Yui met Gendo. However....

Mari turns up as a fellow student of Yui's and, well...
Major spoilers.png

There are some pretty major implications there.

I'll leave you to go over that.

Here's the dev's blog, and here's his YouTube page. This game definitely blew up, and y'know what? It's a pretty interesting idea. I would even play it myself
I don't think this Earth is for me anymore.
So, I just finished reading the Evangelion manga and, well... I don't know how to express my reaction without the use of profanities. Just... Wow.

There is an extra chapter after the conclusion of the Eva manga. It starts off as an expansion on the story of how Yui met Gendo. However....

Mari turns up as a fellow student of Yui's and, well...View attachment 355244

Welp I just read that spoiler on accident. I don't think my bookstore even has the last issue.

Mari turns up as a fellow student of Yui's and, well...View attachment 355244

*4.0 yuri hype intensifies*

^ A scheming teenage girl seen in a passenger seat of a Lambo.

-> Just look at Haruhi's face on the second pic! :scared:

Back