The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
Coolest anime related merchandise ever.
11209729_981961361837891_6590701470486693878_n.jpg

I was always wondering if Gainax had screwed up the size of an EVA (remember EVA-02 in Ep. 8, where at one point it towers above the aircraft carriers, and then seems to have shrunk when it returns and collapses on the deck?) one last time when EVA-02 lifted that battleship.

SVX
Currently in Akihabara:

11161350_10155523197430402_6014099395901409522_n.jpg

11205509_10155523197505402_4639458143828347774_n.jpg

10986484_10155523197535402_6679030423908532851_n.jpg

And yes, those are real TE37s.

A real scale Patlabor? A Honda Today with Rays rims? Yup, just a normal day in good ol'Akiba. And yes, I know Patlabor; I own a DVD featuring the last episodes of the Griffith arc and some one-off episodes as well. An odd place to start your Patlabor history, but hey, it's still good fun.

Just finished Ping Pong The Animation. Man was I pleasantly surprised! Good animation, cool story, good table tennis scenes. I enjoyed it nicely

The soundtrack though....

I feel like playing some Table Tennis now.... With my own custom racket :mischievous:

Last edited:
@AOS- is going to shun me for posting this, but, I can't resist sharing the OP and ED for Rakuen. Really weirdly cheerful considering how gritty the anime can get, but it's not new for Grisaia to be a tad off the wall.

I thought the SR-71 and the B-52 would be... you know, OLDER. But, since it's in high school, logic is thrown out. And A-10 is a female Jaws, isn't she? (the Bond villain, not the shark)
Usually their heights change. An-225 is pretty tall and hangs around the loli that is Buran. A-10-chan carries a chainsaw. :lol:

Upotte! Don't watch if you are sensitive to fanservice. There's a lot.
upotte1.jpg

So it's basically like Full Metal Panic!, except that all the girls behave like Sosuke Sagara, and there's a lot of fanservice. Go figure, eh? That is one quirky (and probably dangerous) classroom...

So it's basically like Full Metal Panic!, except that all the girls behave like Sosuke Sagara, and there's a lot of fanservice. Go figure, eh? That is one quirky (and probably dangerous) classroom...
I haven't seen FMP, so I couldn't say. Because the girls are "personified" as guns, if they get shot, they don't actually get hurt. They can jam however.

I haven't seen FMP, so I couldn't say. Because the girls are "personified" as guns, if they get shot, they don't actually get hurt. They can jam however.

A girl who can jam like a gun...

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

God dang it Japan, the things you can come up with... :lol: I bet we have many different gun girls represented, right? People like Desert Eagles and such.

Last edited:
A girl who can jam like a gun...

Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

God dang Japan, the things you can come up with... :lol: I bet we have many different gun girls represented, right? People like Desert Eagles and such.
I don't think they have pistols, but the different types of guns are separated into different years of school based on what kind of round they use. Guns that fire pistol rounds (SMG's) are in elementary school, guns that fire intermediate rounds (assault rifles) are in middle school, and guns that fire full sized rifle rounds (battle rifles) are in high school.

I don't think they have pistols, but the different types of guns are separated into different years of school based on what kind of round they use. Guns that fire pistol rounds (SMG's) are in elementary school, guns that fire intermediate rounds (assault rifles) are in middle school, and guns that fire full sized rifle rounds (battle rifles) are in high school.

That does make sense, actually. The bigger the gun, the more experienced it is. That is surprisingly detailed.

Flight Highschool is even more detailed. F-15E has longer hair than F-15C, because the real F-15E has built in extended fuel tanks.

Man, I wouldn't notice that, that is a real way to tell if you're plane nut or not, haha. :lol: But seriously, great attention to detail is being shown there.

Back