The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments

Aaand guess Japan has also covered that possibilty. Man, they think of everything... :lol:

DK
It needs snooty Mercedeses and BMWs. Anyone for a tsundere M3?

I could go for a calm, silent VW Golf, and then have the GTI Supersport act as the radical brother. But your idea is interesting too.

That's...

I am lost for words at Japan.

Welcome to Japanese reality; there is nothing too crazy or too bold of a thing for them. If we think of it, they'll do it. It's a given fact.

We need to start a new wall.
cute_wall.jpg

We need to start a new wall.
cute_wall.jpg

Well now I know what to do after the Alt Cool Wall finishes... :lol:

Great, now we are going crazy too. Go figure, we are all on the same boat, eh? :lol: Should we consider these car girls as well? I'd elect them in a heartbeat.

DK
Asuka would probably be the most divisive girl to get voted on...unless she had glasses, of course.

Then we would have a "Mustang controversy"; people complaining about too many Asuka variants being polled. :lol:

If this does become a thing can it just be confined to this topic? No need for multiple threads if you were really thinking that.

I was joking, by and large. No reason it couldn't be a thing, but it'd need to be expanded beyond anime and in a separate thread in the Rumble Strip (It would clog up this thread and get stale quickly). I agree that multiple threads would be too much though, at least at first.

Of course we talk about manga in this thread.
There were a few posts earlier about manga :lol:

But yeah. Sometimes even visual novels will come up in the discussion

I didn't know, I've only ever seen anime and the occasion jp dolls and figurines.

Anyone following Bleach and Naruto Gaiden or Toriko and OP (yes shounen)

Upotte! Don't watch if you are sensitive to fanservice. There's a lot.
upotte1.jpg

Worse than Strike Witches? I'm willing to see it, but I haven't been exposed enough to the fanservicey stuff, so I don't know what to expect. I'm almost afraid that once I go down that road, I'll never get back to normal.

Anime, getting creepier everyday.

This is surprising how? J/K.

It's surprisingly well thought out. The AUG based character's appearance changes depending on the barrel length, just like the actual rifle.
Upotte_AUG_short_barrel.jpg

600px-Upotte_AUG_long_barrel.jpg

All AK based characters have pointy ears shaped like the forward sight of an actual AK. This is Galil (Israel).
13668086171818.gif

That's pretty cool. Now I might have to check it out.

Oh my... YES! Can you imagine the possibilities?

Can't..... Stop..... Playing.... this..... song.

Every time this song goes in I keep closing my eyes and visualizing myself in an Impreza Coupe Type R on a closed off windy Japanese mountain road at night.... :crazy:

Anyways, I'm still procrastinating on Initial D :D

I haven't read it since A-City was destroyed

Don't think I'm there yet. But dude, once the anime kicks off the latter half of the year it'll be incredibly epic

----

I would like to speak a moment about Plastic Memories...
The latest episode though... What a turn from the usual pacing. I mean, this episode was more grim than any other one, which I believe this show kinda needs. The sort of pacing past ep's had weren't very good at all. I can welcome some comic relief but it's pointless if you're gonna shove around trivialities the rest of the time. This episode actually did more than enough to get something across, though the way the episode tried to present it is a little questionable. The past episodes, while they did invoke some messages, failed to really solidify them because of some trivialities I mentioned earlier.

...And a little tidbit on Penguin-Drum
This show has some extremely intriguing narration. It's pretty difficult to make sense of what's even happening! I keep comparing this show to Alice in Wonderland, since that book is nonsense and that a surprising number of symbols from the show seem to be consistent in Alice. In fact, making sense of this show helps a bit if you understood what Alice is all about.

Last edited:
Don't think I'm there yet. But dude, once the anime kicks off the latter half of the year it'll be incredibly epic

----

I would like to speak a moment about Plastic Memories...
The latest episode though... What a turn from the usual pacing. I mean, this episode was more grim than any other one, which I believe this show kinda needs. The sort of pacing past ep's had weren't very good at all. I can welcome some comic relief but it's pointless if you're gonna shove around trivialities the rest of the time. This episode actually did more than enough to get something across, though the way the episode tried to present it is a little questionable. The past episodes, while they did invoke some messages, failed to really solidify them because of some trivialities I mentioned earlier.

...And a little tidbit on Penguin-Drum
This show has some extremely intriguing narration. It's pretty difficult to make sense of what's even happening! I keep comparing this show to Alice in Wonderland, since that book is nonsense and that a surprising number of symbols from the show seem to be consistent in Alice. In fact, making sense of this show helps a bit if you understood what Alice is all about.

Will it be the same people who did the anime version of death note?

Back