The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
SVX
Watched NGE 1.0 last night, just finished 2.0.

1.0 was alright but 2.0 was pretty shocking. If you're going to stray away from the original so much I think you'd be better off starting something afresh. Felt like a cheap and generic rip off of it... I mean, Rei was more than a thing and Asuka isn't a bitch!

But jeez did they nail the Cosmo's sound.
The movies are sequels.

SVX
2.0 was pretty shocking. If you're going to stray away from the original so much I think you'd be better off starting something afresh. Felt like a cheap and generic rip off of it... I mean, Rei was more than a thing and Asuka isn't a bitch!
It's not bad at all in 2.0, I thought it was terrific...3.0 on the other hand is more of an issue.

The movies are sequels.

How? I thought they were just reimagined versions

It's not bad at all in 2.0, I thought it was terrific...3.0 on the other hand is more of an issue.

Difference of opinion I guess. While trying to make the characters more likeable they also brought in scenes to give more depth to the characters... but failed. They were half assed and felt incredibly fat, and over dramatic for no reason, same with many of battles.

I'll take a look into hardware. I forget streaming consumes a lot of CPU...also have to see what out there is free.

Edit: OBS requires a Mac OS newer than the one I have. Dang.

Thinking about it, I could stream weekdays (whichever day is best for the most people who are interested) from 1:55 - 2:55 pm central (UTC-6:00) time, since I have a free period then. Schools net is crazy good, but I doubt anyone will be available at that time.

Don't forget that time-zone and schedule are about as important here as capability!

Last edited:
What would you use to stream in terms of website?

Also, I can only make time for streams on weekends. I'll just watch whatever I missed on my own.

Veetle.com looks perfect for this; can stream from iOS or Android, quick setup, and a lax DCMA policy. The downside with it is how shady it is and if I recall correctly there isn't an audience chatroom.

Last edited:
We should have a chat like on Google Hangouts ready with Mics enabled.

The amount of dumb things I would say while the episode streams :lol:

I can try make it to the streams, it should be quite late on my side though. Maybe after exams.

We should have a chat like on Google Hangouts ready with Mics enabled.

The amount of dumb things I would say while the episode streams :lol:

That was the idea, although we'll need Hangouts or a Skype group for that for any of the services I know of; AFAIK there are none that support "audience" voice.

My biggest problem with 3.0 is that there wasn't enough emphasis on people who weren't Shinji.

All my thoughts about the Rebuild 3.0 were like "I don't know, what the 🤬 is ever happening here?!" :confused::crazy:

Maybe I just have to rewatch it sometime.

The big changes were all perfectly fine in 2.0 because it was all still very recognisable. But in 3.0 they went too far. Literally have no idea what anyone is doing any more.

Still I'll like 4.0 if it solves just what the **** Mari is. She's beyond normal, I'm sure.

Veetle.com looks perfect for this; can stream from iOS or Android, quick setup, and a lax DCMA policy. The downside with it is how shady it is and if I recall correctly there isn't an audience chatroom.

I hope streaming from your phone won't be too much for the device to handle.

As for time zones, I'm usually available between 21:00-23:59 UTC -5:00. I think most of the US dudes are okay with this unless you're all the way on the west coast (which a few of you are).

If the stream application does not have a chat available, Hangouts or Skype is okay with me though voice chat may be overwhelming.

Speaking of Hangouts, Hangouts can screenshare so if we did that, we wouldn't need a streaming software. In fact no one would need any streaming software. The only downfall is that it's not 100% smooth.

12106965_1673098966260030_1351809691728971110_n.png

Last edited:
To be brutally honest going into 2.0 I did think it was going to be similar to the Initial D Legend stories and be very similar to the original, so I guess I was just a little too harsh. I just found it a tad watered down and much more 'casual' in my eyes, which is good and all but it took away what I loved about the original.

@AOS- Thinking about it, would a stream really be necessary? Presumably we all watch our anime from differing sources, different resolutions, etcetera, so why don't we just set a time and do a Hangout while we watch? Its the same basic idea, but it makes it a lot simpler does it not?

@AOS- Thinking about it, would a stream really be necessary? Presumably we all watch our anime from differing sources, different resolutions, etcetera, so why don't we just set a time and do a Hangout while we watch? Its the same basic idea, but it makes it a lot simpler does it not?

That's what I was thinking. Since it's Serial Experiments Lain it'd be pretty readily available, no?

SVX
That's what I was thinking. Since it's Serial Experiments Lain it'd be pretty readily available, no?

It is quite easy to get. Can't believe we didn't consider that earlier.

Last edited:

Like we go "3 2 1, Start!" and everyone presses the play button at the same time? I suppose we could and I don't see why not.

This is equivalent to the watch-shows-at-the-same-time-while-chatting-on-phone vs being-in-the-same-room-watching-the-same-tv.

Anyway, I'm cool with it. Let's start by gathering everyone in the same PM first to reduce the clutter here. PM me and I'll add you to a conversation.

I don't know whether I'm more ashamed of not getting the joke until after I closed the window, or of actually understanding the joke.

Maybe a little bit of both.

-
-
-
---
-
-
-

REMINDER PEOPLE: While it's pretty sure bet anyone who can't speak Japanese has to use certain methods to watch certain anime, let me remind you that anything related to piracy or the illegal downloading and sharing of copyrighted content is frowned upon at GTP.

Please be circumspect in your posting regarding streams, torrents and the like. Thank you.

I finished Candy Boy last night and yes, it did make me feel sweeter as a person. And yes, I like the art style. To everyone else; yeah there's yuri undertones and it's kinda slow and bleh. Only if you must watch a shoujo, it's really short.

Kanade is cool though.

images (69).jpg

Yukino is cool too.

images (68).jpg

Dunno what I'm watching next. Quartet did catch my eye with its animations.

And another thing, @SVX, go watch Sakurasou Pet Na Kanojo, you won't regret it
(WARNING: I think you pretty much know by now that Demo's Vids are NSFW but funny and good)

Last edited:
Please be circumspect in your posting regarding streams, torrents and the like. Thank you.
I don't think we'll be dumb enough to disclose our methods publicly if they happen to be infringing upon some obscure laws. But is it okay to talk about it in PM?

I don't know whether I'm more ashamed of not getting the joke until after I closed the window, or of actually understanding the joke.

Sin pi please. I had such high slopes for you too. :P

Also, worry not, our discussed activity will not involve any downloading. It is literally a gathering to a private chat room outside of GTP.

I don't think we'll be dumb enough to disclose our methods publicly if they happen to be infringing upon some obscure laws. But is it okay to talk about it in PM?

PMs are part of the board. Any discussion occuring in them falls under the rules of GTPlanet, which is why you can report PMs. Not that we can see PMs unless they're reported, but if you need to discuss anything not falling within those rules, for example, if you need to swear :lol: , I'd suggest something like Google Hangouts or that private chat room. ;)

Latest Posts

Back