The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,807 comments
PMs are part of the board. Any discussion occuring in them falls under the rules of GTPlanet, which is why you can report PMs. Not that we can see PMs unless they're reported, but if you need to discuss anything not falling within those rules, for example, if you need to swear :lol: , I'd suggest something like Google Hangouts or that private chat room. ;)
I guess this is easy enough.

I may start watching the Freezing anime now. Don't have high expectations for it though...

I wonder if "Time of Eve" was ever mentioned in this thread.
In the not-too-distant future, androids have come into common usage. Rikuo Sakisaka, who has taken robots for granted for his entire life, one day discovers that Sammy, his home android, has been acting independently and coming and going on her own. He finds a strange phrase recorded in her activity log, "Are you enjoying the Time of Eve?". He, along with his friend Masakazu Masaki, trace Sammy's movements and finds an unusual cafe, "The Time of Eve". Nagi, the barista, informs them that the cafe's main rule is to not discriminate between humans and androids. Within the cafe, androids do not display their status rings, and, when patrons depart, the door is automatically locked for two minutes to prevent someone from following them to discover their true nature.
If you like I, Robot; you may like this series.

Like we go "3 2 1, Start!" and everyone presses the play button at the same time? I suppose we could and I don't see why not.

This is equivalent to the watch-shows-at-the-same-time-while-chatting-on-phone vs being-in-the-same-room-watching-the-same-tv.

Anyway, I'm cool with it. Let's start by gathering everyone in the same PM first to reduce the clutter here. PM me and I'll add you to a conversation.
3 2 1 start?! START?!?!!

No. How 'bout we try "3 2 1 Let's Jam"??

Sheesh, kids these days...

I may start watching the Freezing anime now. Don't have high expectations for it though...

As I've said before,

Expect a lot of T and not a lot of A of which isn't balanced like the manga. Expect a lot of oppai at serious moments ie. Somebody is about to die and in excruciating pain but hey nothing like a little oppai to use as some anesthesia. Oh that anesthesia needs a little more strength? Here's plenty shower scenes where deep talk is present, let's see how well you can focus, on talk or your desires.
The gratuitous Fanservice detracts from the story too much.

Other than that, it's okay.

Last edited:
I think the only forceful connection between the lewd and the plot (not that plot) is the "ritual" between the guy and girl that strengthens their powers as well as breast milk being a source to mana*. It could've been something else...

*I could be mixing it up with a different series.

One of her noteable roles
FB_IMG_1446463895146.jpg
was miyu from Tsukihime.

Last edited:
Gonna go math for a second:

Cool eye art here.
12204610_10207954094478504_828136575_n.jpg

Manga eyes > anime eyes. I should look into who the mangaka is for Prison School. Hair is drawn very well too.

Stop tempting me to read the manga..... I must wait for a Season 2, stahp.....

The anime <<< the manga.

In the manga, the writer can turn the most mundane stuff into something exciting. It will convince you it is worth pursuing an interest in and suddenly you're engaged in the moment.

Totally read 3 or 4 chapters. That's all I ask. You'll be anxious for more very easily.

I enjoy the Monogatari Soundtrack very much.

Especially this one, Kaiki is a beast

And lastly,

@AOS- it never ends at 2-4 chapters once you start, the hook catches its prey and never lets go. I'll give it a shot though. Also, yep he's read Freezing alright, the analysis is nearly spot on :lol:

@Heldenzeit , it's not a question of who doesn't like Fanservice (we're guys afterall....) but more of a question of at what point does its execution become annoying and distracts you from the story?

In Prison School I didn't mind it because its delivery was done properly in my opinion. It wasn't really distracting to the extent of Freezing The Anime or Muv Luv Alternative (I haven't seen that but watched a review)

I enjoy the Monogatari Soundtrack very much.

Monogatari soundtracks are excellent stuff. Satoru Kousaki uses a huge palette of instruments and composes outstanding tracks.

it's not a question of who doesn't like Fanservice (we're guys afterall....) but more of a question of at what point does its execution become annoying and distracts you from the story?

When the protag always conveniently trips or runs into a girl and always ends up with his right hand on her boob and the two stay still for a solid 5 seconds before his face gets a hand print on it.

I think Prison School's lewd aspects are to be expected (at least in the manga). They do come across quite often, but I think the story and art make up for it :lol:

I've really started to like Mari in the later chapters.

You are reading this manga correctly. Yokatta.

Oh. Just yesterday, some Asian man and his daughter were counting change while I was at work, and I couldn't help but pick out some words they were saying. "ano", "nanajuu", and the daughter enthusiastically shouts "maniakatta!" (sp.) after counting a dollar seventy. Couldn't help but smile a bit.*

* n-n-not because I understood the language!

Nicely detailed art by Japanese Artist: amys

This is Garden of Words tier level art.

12189058_10153683020049320_2388813339827928361_n.jpg
12108881_10153683020734320_1918357431188118675_n.jpg

12208589_10153683020719320_6793056264466360312_n.jpg

12196304_10153683020659320_8206616701354544846_n.jpg

12107039_10153683020314320_4701094108030351942_n.jpg

12195950_10153683021989320_4966642808323294355_n.jpg

12193751_10153683021929320_8301334329232093972_n.jpg

When the protag always conveniently trips or runs into a girl and always ends up with his right hand on her boob and the two stay still for a solid 5 seconds before his face gets a hand print on it.

Why isn't it ever the left hand I wonder. Can't always help but chuckle at such moments and it happens in every anime ever.

Why isn't it ever the left hand I wonder. Can't always help but chuckle at such moments and it happens in every anime ever.

Oh that's easy. The majority of the world is right handed. With some exceptions, I think that's the problem at its simplest terms.

Like I'm one to say that kind of thing...

Back