The General Anime Thread...

• Thread starter Kent
  • 66,818 comments
So, been watching Rayearth. I really dig anime with a serious fantasy element to it, so it's been good so far for me.

Also, can see where Cano gets his megane fetish from, his first ani-love:

vlcsnap2011070123h50m53.jpg

But having a hard time understanding his anti-moe stance:

vlcsnap2011070123h53m25.jpg

I mean, what's the difference between that and this:?

vlcsnap2011050100h50m13.png

who, me?

I repeatedly tried but then I never understood the plot so I stop trying.

[spoilers]There's no plot to understand :P[/spoilers]

AOS-
Yuki Nagato, or Azusa Nakano?

I'm sorry, but Azusa has nothing on Yuki.

It isn't just how the characters look, it's how they act and everything. I haven't seen Rayearth, but Miyuki is smart, but clumsy and is scared of stuff like her eyedrops, which is what Konata comments on as moe. Rayearth seems to have a definite plot and everything, while moe shows typically don't really.

Last edited:
Yuki or Reki?

Finished Hidan no Aria... Sequel was too obviously hinted, just like every other show J.C makes...

Cano just Canot accept the present times... just like how I dislike most mainstream pop music...

Last edited:
About to go to bed but went to my desktop to see this as my wallpaper. Had to post for you AOS- :)

58888999454.png

Seen that pic; lame as balls. Sorry bro, not impressed. :indiff: I hope this doesn't ruin your night :lol:

I'm still dreaming about making the one epic wallpaper...... I almost had it, but I spotted mistakes and I no longer liked it afterwards.

Also:
im_out.png

So, been watching Rayearth. I really dig anime with a serious fantasy element to it, so it's been good so far for me.

Also, can see where Cano gets his megane fetish from, his first ani-love:

vlcsnap2011070123h50m53.jpg

But having a hard time understanding his anti-moe stance:

vlcsnap2011070123h53m25.jpg

vlcsnap2011050100h50m13.png

who, me?

WOW.

You are watching WHAT?

Amazing. I feel so good now, haha, I made some one watch Rayearth.

Where are you? I assume still early in the first season. Wait until you get to the end of that. It is STILL, 16 years later, one of the best twists I've ever experienced.

be SURE to tell me what you think as you watch it. I never knew anyone outside Mexico who has seen Rayearth, it was pretty obscure in the US, and come on, it was almost 15 years ago. It was awesome back in the day, but it may seem a bit antiquated by now.

As for Fuu... well, she doesn't look like that ALL THE TIME:

123136-7631341-Fuu34.jpg

And notice that that is an anime picture, not a manga picture, because in the manga she never looks like the pic you posted. In fact, you'll notice how even in looks, the characters become more mature as the series goes on. But indeed, I love her looks, her attitude, heck, even her voice is the only one that isn't annoying. Hikaru is unbearable in japanese.

Now that you mention her as my first "ani-love", heck, I think the term is pretty correct. I mean, I was a kid and all that, but she REALLY moved me . It was a real crush, like feeling all warm inside. It was much more than mere attraction or liking her as a character.

That derived into strange things... for instance, every, EVERY anime girl I drew ended up being her. I have like three massive, multi-Fuu drawings in her honor, the last one made a couple months ago. My avatar in here and everywhere else was her for more than a year. I dreamed with her, just with her, several times. I even wrote a poem.

Don't laugh.

I have to say I still love her. I don't mean it in the crush-like way of yore, but I still have a deep liking for her as a character. It's like a remembrance of some very good days. I dunno. It's weird.

I never had an ani-love. Seriously. Except maybe Sora. And there's a constant stream of MANlove for Kamina and Archer.

Don't laugh.

Oops, too late!:lol:

But no, that's fine. That's what good stories are for, to present us with moving characters who make us feel things. And yes, still very early in the 1st season. Don't mind that it's old school, I'm old school myself. Old games, old music, old books, old anime, all good in my opinion.

Oops, too late!:lol:

But no, that's fine. That's what good stories are for, to present us with moving characters who make us feel things. And yes, still very early in the 1st season. Don't mind that it's old school, I'm old school myself. Old games, old music, old books, old anime, all good in my opinion.

Well, back in it's day it was a massive superproduction, it had tons of budget and it set the industry standard for a while... but heck, it was 1994. It looks plenty dated today... but it was still 4 years until anime would evolve. For it's money, it still looks pretty damn cool. Sailor Moon can't hold a candle to it.

I have never seen any of these animes you people have been talking about. I have only seen some DB, DBZ, and DBGT, I have watched lots of Inyu-Yasha as well. I have watched all of Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Series as well as Sailor Moon series. However, these are the only animes I have watched a decent amount of.
I do not like the Dragonball series at all anymore but I used to love it, Yu Yu Hakusho is not something I enjoy anymore, I don't really know how I feel about Inyu Yasha anymore as I have not seen it in so long. I do love the Tenchi series not including Galaxy Police though; and Sailor Moon they are the best animes I have seen.

Oh yeah I have also seen lots of the Street Fighter movies etc and I like them a lot. By the way does anyone here think that Chun-Li is sexy like I do? I am a lover of wide hips, big round butts and big titties etc so she fits my tastes perfectly. Here are some pics of her...

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/evilblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/chun-li.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080204221928/marvelvscapcom/images/f/fd/Mvc2-chun-li.jpg

http://www.pobladores.com/data/pobl...akka/channels/c_d_w/images/5064914chun_li.jpg

:drools: she is such a babe.

well, I think we could say that you have watched TV, not anime. All those were heavily broadcasted and exploited everywhere, and while they are indeed famous, they are so because of TV exposure and commercial success, not because of their quality.

If you are really interested in watching quality anime, I suggest you start browsing the internet for online-watching sites, and start watching what TV won't show you. You'll discover a huge, broad world.

Oh, and yes, Chun Li is a babe. But I'd rather Cammy.

But even more so, Vanessa.

well, I think we could say that you have watched TV, not anime. All those were heavily broadcasted and exploited everywhere, and while they are indeed famous, they are so because of TV exposure and commercial success, not because of their quality.

If you are really interested in watching quality anime, I suggest you start browsing the internet for online-watching sites, and start watching what TV won't show you. You'll discover a huge, broad world.

Oh, and yes, Chun Li is a babe. But I'd rather Cammy.

But even more so, Vanessa.

I disagree Sailor Moon and Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki are very wonderful animes with passionate stories. By the way I had to watch BSSM and Tench Muyo online because I wanted to watch them in their original and uncut forms Sailor Moon had to be watched with english subs though as the uncut original was never dubbed in english. I most assuredly do not like what I have seen of the americanized adaptation of Sailor Moon it is a mockery to the original.

I can't see how someone could think Cammy is more attractive than Chun-Li but that is the beauty of different opinions. Cammy is very beautiful though, but I am not to fond of Vanessa though.

A little too much more-of-the-same-time-after-time for my tastes, both of them. Sailor Moon's manga is quite hip, but the anime got tooooooooooooo long for it's own good. And well, the whole Sailor Moon concept just isn't my cup of tea. And I did watch it... at least until I could not take it anymore. Too much sugar for me.

And... Vanessa :drool:

Cano I enjoyed reading your long post. Made me feel all warm and gooey. :)

Master Garland I am with you. Chun-Li is my favorite Street Fighter character. DEM THIGHS!

However definitely check out some more shows because it looks like Tenchi is the only good one you've seen.

My barracks has a whole bunch of ancient VHS tapes that we can borrow. Among them I noticed a couple Rayearth VHS tapes.

I don't have any means of playing VHS though. :P

Huh?
That's strange, how did i manage miss this thread? :ill:
Lol, at least there're someone that have the same interest. Cars and anime. :D

Sorry for jump in so suddenly.

Huh?
That's strange, how did i manage miss this thread? :ill:
Lol, at least there're someone that have the same interest. Cars and anime. :D

Sorry for jump in so suddenly.

What are you fighting for?!?
Yup, was my first Anime, and I plan on re-watching it again soon. Loved that show, Simple, Adorable, and Enjoyable.
My friend went to AX as one of the characters.
...... Where the hell have you been for the past week? :odd:

I've been spewing out moe-ness posts day in and out making Cano so sick to the stomach I put him out of commission for 4 days. :P

I have been posting :lol:

Somebody's enjoying Haruhi!

And welcome Master Garland! How did you find the anime thread?:sly:

I'm most assuredly enjoying my stay here. By the way thank you for the invite in the first place JG. I have a question for you all; where can I watch many different animes for free with no registrations? The site also has to be tracker free and safe etc obviously.

I have seen some Naruto and it just looks like it aint my cup of tea whatsoever at all.

Online streaming is illegal for the most part , Thus we end discussion or provide links before getting an infraction.. Only a limited number of sources are legal, like crunchyroll and funimation.

@Jeff, Who DOESN'T enjoy Haruhi (with exception to you-know-who)? All the characters are lovable, right Rykon?

Back