The Gran Turismo Car & Track Wishlist Thread...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 486 comments
If I can add another wish, it would be for the winning car of the last 25 years Le Mans races...only if they have not been included already.

Like F1,F2.F3 and F4 cars and what we have is super formula

It would create a race opportunity if they added some cars that would be natural competitors for the MP4/4 and Honda RA272 already in the game so that we could have a Formula 1 race with a diverse grid covering one period or the other.

GT hasn't ever been about F1 cars though. It's always had only 2 or 3 when it's had any at all, which is likely what a collector would have access to in reality. I wonder if this is because of licensing... they include F1 cars that become available through the manufacturer licence like Ferrari and Lotus cars in the past but for many F1 cars they'd need an FIA licence. Perhaps.

Super Formula is about as good as it’ll get. We still don’t know about the old Formula E announcement.

Mugello.

But I can see why PD don’t add this track, because no one would ever race on any other track they’ve included so far 😎😋

If I can add another wish, it would be for the winning car of the last 25 years Le Mans races...only if they have not been included already.
Amazing that this appears one post after me asking someone to actually name some cars instead of a vague category handwave.

We have cars that represent around half of all 1999-2024 wins (depending on what wins 2024), so listing around a dozen actual cars can't be too hard a task, can it?

Like F1,F2.F3 and F4 cars and what we have is super formula
Again, bearing in mind the point of this thread, do you have any you want to actually name?

There are two real F1 cars in GT7 already, and one that is inspired by a real F1 car from a previous game.

This thread isn't that difficult, folks.

Mercedes-Benz R 107.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz R 107

Mercedes-Benz C111.jpeg

Mercedes-Benz C111

BMW M1.jpeg

BMW M1

Audi Quattro.jpeg

Audi Quattro

Volkswagen Scirocco II.jpeg

Volkswagen Scirocco II

Porsche 928.jpeg

Porsche 928

Porsche 935.jpeg

Porsche 935

Last edited:
Amazing that this appears one post after me asking someone to actually name some cars instead of a vague category handwave.

We have cars that represent around half of all 1999-2024 wins (depending on what wins 2024), so listing around a dozen actual cars can't be too hard a task, can it?

Again, bearing in mind the point of this thread, do you have any you want to actually name?

There are two real F1 cars in GT7 already, and one that is inspired by a real F1 car from a previous game.

This thread isn't that difficult, folks.
2000 Audi R8
2003 Bentley Speed 8
2006 Audi R10 TDi

Suzuka, Monza, Interlagos, Barcelona, Spa and the Red Bull Ring are on this year's F1 calendar. Brands Hatch last hosted a F1 race in 86.
I didn't think that through very well did I? Having said that, Monza isn't still used for F1 is it?.... and I thought that Red Bull circuit was madeup :-)

I didn't think that through very well did I? Having said that, Monza isn't still used for F1 is it?.... and I thought that Red Bull circuit was madeup :-)
Monza is still used & will host its next F1 race on the 1st September. The Red Bull circuit is real and will host its next race on the 30th of this month. Take it you don't follow F1 that much?

Monza is still used & will host its next F1 race on the 1st September. The Red Bull circuit is real and will host its next race on the 30th of this month. Take it you don't follow F1 that much?
No I don't. I'd also forgotten interlagos was in the game as I don't like it and only do that one when I have to.
Should have remembered Spa though! No idea how I forgot that.

No I don't. I'd also forgotten interlagos was in the game as I don't like it and only do that one when I have to.
Should have remembered Spa though! No idea how I forgot that.
We also have former F1 venues Fuji (to 2008) and Watkins Glen (to 1980), and Autopolis was built to host F1 but never did.

I just googled the F1 track list and 3 of 24 tracks are in GT7.
@Rizla already gave you a list, and it's way more than three. There's six in just the current season, so I don't know what you Googled.
That's not enough to make an F1 game, which was my point.
Since nobody suggested that, it's an odd point. Adding F1 cars doesn't mean it's an F1 game.

GT7 currently has two real F1 cars already, and one that's essentially a clone of one from GT6. GT Sport had another, more current one. GT5 had two others. None of them were an F1 game.

Lastly, this thread has very few rules, but this is one of them:

However there is a requirement not to crap on other people's selections and preferences. People may post whatever they like in their choices (per the above). If you don't like it, tough: it's not your wishlist.

Last edited:
@Rizla already gave you a list, and it's way more than three. There's six in just the current season, so I don't know what you Googled.

Since nobody suggested that, it's an odd point. Adding F1 cars doesn't mean it's an F1 game.

GT7 currently has two real F1 cars already, and one that's essentially a clone of one from GT6. GT Sport had another, more current one. GT5 had two others. None of them were an F1 game.

Lastly, this thread has very few rules, but this is one of them:
I added my f1 selection -> Ferrari 640

I'd like to see Jay Leno's Oldsmobile come back, but I'd also like to see the introduction of "regular" Oldsmobile cars. It's a storied marque with some cool models, after all.

+1 for the base Audi Quattro. It's just a really nice car and it would be nice to have the base model of such a famous rally car.

@SuperSportX: +1 for the 360 and the Tommykaira (ZZII and other models too). The 360 is another potent model, Ferrari's first -line car of the 2000s, that would fill a gap in the game's Ferrari roster. Tommykaira is an interesting small automaker that had the distinction of getting a car to appear in Gran Turismo that failed to actually enter production (until very very recently anyway). In that sense it's much like the Delfino Feroce in Project Gotham.

While I'm at it, Pikes Peak would be nice but I think Repco Race to the Sky in New Zealand would be just as cool. It's the longest gravel hill climb in the world now that Pikes is fully paved.

Last edited:
Posted three times in this thread & haven't made an offering. Outrageously bad form. Let me make amends...

I've always thought Oulton Park would be a great fit for Gran Turismo. An undulating circuit, 22 meter elevation change with many fast & challenging corners. My favourite being the double apex of Druids. Very satisfying, hurtling through there & making it out the other side in one piece.

Oulton has three configurations:

• International Circuit
  • 2.692 miles / 4.333 km
  • Island Circuit
  • 2.260 miles / 3.637 km
  • Fosters Circuit
  • 1.654 miles / 2.662 km
ezgif.com-resize.gif

Though it won't happen, you can't win the lottery if you don't play.

I'd love to see Mid-Ohio as an added track. It's in Forza 8 and iRacing, and is very underrated IMO. They race (or have raced) Indy, LeMans, MotoGP (or some sort of superbike series, I honestly don't recall), NASCAR (not the top level NASCAR but the next one down), IMSA, and many more there over the years. In a previous life, I even spent some time on it. The elevation changes in the latter half of the layout are very fun.

1718114911156.png

Last edited:
Back