The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 11 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 186 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
FINAL ENTRY
Decided to take this opportunity to pay homage to a car from quite possibly my favourite game growing up.
Even though it doesn't look anywhere near as good as other entries in this competition in terms of design, this was my first time creating and uploading my own custom decals for a car in GT sport so I'm still really happy with how it turned out.
Shiretoko kind of butchered the colours on the right-hand side :guilty:
Ryan Cooper?

FINAL ENTRY

C-West Räzo GT-R Street Version

Even if I can't stand a chance against some marvellous entries already posted, I didn't want to miss this competition. So here is my C-West GT-R, loosely based on the C-West Räzo Silvia from the previous games. All the blue you can see is B7 Chrome base*, the rest is masking.

*except the front grille lip which is not painted with "others" so I had to cover it.​

FINAL ENTRY

C-West Räzo GT-R Street Version

Even if I can't stand a chance against some marvellous entries already posted, I didn't want to miss this competition. So here is my C-West GT-R, loosely based on the C-West Räzo Silvia from the previous games. All the blue you can see is B7 Chrome base*, the rest is masking.

*except the front grille lip which is not painted with "others" so I had to cover it.​
Stunning car!

FINAL ENTRY

For my entry I've gone for the typical sort of GT-R that you'll see at car meets all across Japan. A clean, mostly stock example save for a few choice modifications, the right wheels and a few stickers.

Starting with my '96 LM Limited livery as a base (Champion Blue paint, Carbon rear wing blade and 'GT-R' decals on the C pillars) I've added my trademark colour-coded front lip (with the properly masked brake ducts) and a set of metallic gold painted Work Meister M1R's (in lieu of classic split BBS LM's). The licence plate wears the iconic Ni-San (23) and has all the correct markings for a Tokyo registration (including the Tokyo prefecture seal on the rear plate). The owner has the car maintained at NISMO's Omori Factory so their decals proudly sit on the front fenders and an Option Magazine sticker completes the early 00's look. The final touch is my own Plus Twenty Three - Zero Hour Race Team decal. hinting at the car's nocturnal activities.

Yes it's a simple livery, but to me, this is GT-R perfection!

FINAL ENTRY

Deeply I dived into Japanese tradition and history for inspiration –
sort of completely new experience for me. Maybe some facts are amateurishly researched, so be gracious please.
This livery design is meant as an homage to the traditional Japanese art of blade smithing and sword fighting.
Next to the front wheels you see the lettering of Masamune (正宗), the ancient legendary swordsmith.
His swords were of extraordinary beauty and quality.
Above and on the bonnet I placed two crossed Katanas, the traditional Samurai blades.
Only a few gifted fighters were capable of fighting with two swords simultaneously.
The lettering at the rear part of the body means “fighting with two swords” or “doing two different actions at a time”.
Therefore the color-shift paint tries to seize this idea.
No question: The Nissan R33 GT-R V-spec ’97 is a sharp blade and
in this interpretation a well-made follow-up of Japanese weapon tradition.

FINAL ENTRY

A relatively simple one this time around, how I imagine a Japanese street GTR to be. I had to use the Gr.4 GTR as I just don't think the N cars look right for a street car (mainly because you can't lower them, add spoilers etc...) unless it's standard stock but that's not the look I wanted.

Thanks for looking :cheers:

FINAL ENTRY

As much as I love the GT-R family I wasn't going to enter this one. As my R34 is in my style and it is too subtle for this competition. I hadn't built a nice R35 yet in the game because they've gotten too fanboyish. But I can't deny the lure of them. Which turned out to be what happened when I stumbled on this carshow video. Seeing the thumbnail of #slowgtr posed as if it was a Hot Wheels car was too perfect. (See here) So this car is based upon his stunning car.

Since there's no fender flares in the game I opted to make a tuned up Nismo with some extra venting at the wheels, large rear brake ducts, and hood venting. You'll also see details like blue highlights on the rear bumper and front bumper vents, red outlining, Armytrix sponsoring, tow loop, hood catches, Hot wheels branding, and temporary Japanese license plate. Why temporary? I like to say this car was modified by Hot Wheels and will soon be traveling to America to prowl around the home of Hot Wheels.

I will say these shots at Shiretoko do not do the car justice to it's wonderful color. Please check out my included pictures that better represent it in the spoilers.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

As much as I love the GT-R family I wasn't going to enter this one. As my R34 is in my style and it is too subtle for this competition. I hadn't built a nice R35 yet in the game because they've gotten too fanboyish. But I can't deny the lure of them. Which turned out to be what happened when I stumbled on this carshow video. Seeing the thumbnail of #slowgtr posed as if it was a Hot Wheels car was too perfect. (See here) So this car is based upon his stunning car.

Since there's no fender flares in the game I opted to make a tuned up Nismo with some extra venting at the wheels, large rear brake ducts, and hood venting. You'll also see details like blue highlights on the rear bumper and front bumper vents, red outlining, Armytrix sponsoring, tow loop, hood catches, Hot wheels branding, and temporary Japanese license plate. Why temporary? I like to say this car was modified by Hot Wheels and will soon be traveling to America to prowl around the home of Hot Wheels.

I will say these shots at Shiretoko do not do the car justice to it's wonderful color. Please check out my included pictures that better represent it in the spoilers.

Can't see the three extras, links don't seem to be working. :(

You probably have it set to private.
Ahh well that makes some sense of it.💡 It's funny I use the same kind of link to post my pictures on these forums. But it's locked out when hyperlinked, weird. Edit: I just checked, when you click the photos you still get that screen denying permission.

Anyways I changed the link for the extra photos so they work now. There was a reason I included those shots, cause I really like them! :D

My engine is running slow today. Don't be mad at me if the new threads are up a few minutes after midnight. :lol: I do not possess the motivation to work fast and effective right now.

FINAL ENTRY

The Bushido - R
Nissan R33 GT-R

Didn't have time to do what I wanted so I did a simplified idea. The characters that comprise the Rising sun on the bonnet are those of the values typically associated by bushido. Decided to go with Sumo Power as the tuner decals as they're from a UK based tuner.

FINAL NOTICE

@H1s6n @GTvsForza @VaderBomb @Street Racer 77 @steffenx80

Update your entries or risk a disqualification. You have 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Why? Either too big images, wrong scape or too many bonus shots. I'm sorry. Rules are rules.

Please post here when the entries are updated, so I know if I can still put you in the poll.

Sorry, didn't have time for a bonus shot. Hate to be DQ'd, but rules are rules.

Well, I can't do anything right now since I'm using my phone at work...

And I don't get off until another 2 and a half hours :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back