The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 13 - CLOSED

• Thread starter syntex123
  • 375 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bit lost and bit drunk at this moment, so we need the same car with the origin and we can use car from same brand for making the replica right?
You can do a 1:1 replica if it is the right car, but you can do an « highly close » if the good car is not in the game. The comparison pic will show how close you are from the actual livery.

You can do a 1:1 replica if it is the right car, but you can do an « highly close » if the good car is not in the game. The comparison pic will show how close you are from the actual livery.
Ah ok thanks! will you go with GT original? I always your work on that :D

oh damn. Must have a pic comparable to an actual pic? What if you've chosen a car you don't have great reference shots for? Haha

FINAL ENTRY

This is about as Gran Turismo as it gets. Replicating the Racing Modification for the R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 from the original.

full

Thanks to @SlipZtrEm for the image
Link to the livery

Last edited:
I did find the car on google but I couldn't get the image from the site. Got a pic from the game now though.

@syntex123 Is 2-3 bonus shots allowed?

That would be 4 pics, shown like this :

- Shiretoko/White Sands 3/4 front
- Shiretoko/White Sands 3/4 rear
- Bonus shot with or without suit/helmet
- Comparison shot with the livery and a real image (with race/scape/editor pics allowed to match the good angle)

Is everyone OK with that ?

FINAL ENTRY

This is about as Gran Turismo as it gets. Replicating the Racing Modification for the R33 GT-R V-Spec '97 from the original.

full

Thanks to @SlipZtrEm for the image

Only one bonus shot, but it will look like two, since you need to post the comparison pics too. See quoted messages, Cytoria explained it in text and Greycap showed an actual entry that’s well executed and how everyones entry should look.

oh damn. Must have a pic comparable to an actual pic? What if you've chosen a car you don't have great reference shots for? Haha

Then you’re in trouble, I guess? ;) haha.

@Unfinished Na I see you double posted. I can merge them, but you’ll need to fix your entry if you want to make it to the poll :) I’d hate to DQ it, it’s a good looking livery. (Final reminder, I tried remining people in the past with little success, and decided to stop. Since you’re new I’m telling you once. :))

So, could we enter two liveries in one shot as a single entry? I’ve got two that are on theme with each other.

So I gotta mess about in PS/Gimp to merge the bonus pic I have and the GTS livery editor shot?

So, could we enter two liveries in one shot as a single entry? I’ve got two that are on theme with each other.
In theory, but you’d be smart to only enter one I guess (number of photos)

So I gotta mess about in PS/Gimp to merge the bonus pic I have and the GTS livery editor shot?
No no, just post it above the comparison photo in the spoiler.

oooh replica challenge this time around? My specialty :sly:

I'll check some of my vehicles or make a new one tonight after work :D

FINAL ENTRY
My attempt at the Rebellion Racing LMP1 car. I've overlaid it onto the Toyota car for irony and because I want to use it for the last FIA Nations race :)
Always struggle with the LMP1 cars trying to get the decals correct, but best I could manage

This is the Gibson Motorsport Winfield Racing Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R that won the Bathurst 1000 in 1992. Driver is Mark Skaife.

Last edited:
Only one bonus shot, but it will look like two, since you need to post the comparison pics too. See quoted messages, Cytoria explained it in text and Greycap showed an actual entry that’s well executed and how everyones entry should look.

Then you’re in trouble, I guess? ;) haha.

@Unfinished Na I see you double posted. I can merge them, but you’ll need to fix your entry if you want to make it to the poll :) I’d hate to DQ it, it’s a good looking livery. (Final reminder, I tried remining people in the past with little success, and decided to stop. Since you’re new I’m telling you once. :))
Thanks!

What do I need to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a difficult one Cytoria nice challenge. I'm still not sure with which one I want to compete with........?!?

Last edited:
This is a difficult one Cytoria nice challenge. I'm still not sure with which one I want to compete with........?!? NO I'M NOT ASKING FOR COMMENTS/ADVICE WHICH I SHOULD USE THAT'S AGAINST THE RULES, so please don't do that

I know these photos aren't valid for the competition ;) just wanted to show them to you(if you are curious you can see the gallery here)

4620715280948003336_0.jpg

8152154144010929676_0.jpg
7349950467297804828_0.jpg
6918122764057477636_0.jpg
4683840444717598236_0.jpg

6061862766009943580_0.jpg
Only post your final entry, no outtakes or honorable mentions.

So, If the car I'm replicating isn't too commonly found. Can A reproduction in the form of a model be supplied as the reference shot?

So, If the car I'm replicating isn't too commonly found. Can A reproduction in the form of a model be supplied as the reference shot?
I would have thought doing a replica of a toy car livery (like a Hot Wheels car) would be within the rules anyway...

I would have thought doing a replica of a toy car livery (like a Hot Wheels car) would be within the rules anyway...
Fair enough. I've found so many cool designs but just cant find much of them. I want to enter something new rather than an already finished product

FINAL ENTRY

So for a first time entry I thought I'd do something a bit different, when the mini got released I thought I'd livery it and half way through my Dad (never speak his name again) suggested I try and replica this, before the competition came out, so here's my entry, a bit simple with a couple of additions due to the difference in specs, my replica of an old model Mini from a scalextric set my Dad grew up with!

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I see everyone up to date is going with race cars replicas, but as I mentioned I had something I wanted to go with in this round, something simple, yet iconic. Who wouldn't know the series about Love Bug? :D I know that I don't have a chance as my design contains only 8 decals (3 types), but I think with the addition of VW 1200 into the game and actual contest that's only fair to say Herbie can't miss out this round. ^^

Link to the livery
Edit: Houston, we have a problem, 3 of four pics doesn't want to show up in thread :scared: but are visible in message editor. :confused:
All pics are set on public... :guilty:
Hope I will solve this problem soon

Edit2: on the phone everything seems to work. This confuses me a bit

Edit3: link to the livery added, add to your gallery, share, like, if you actually want ^^

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY

I see everyone up to date is going with race cars replicas, but as I mentioned I had something I wanted to go with in this round, something simple, yet iconic. Who wouldn't know the series about Love Bug? :D I know that I don't have a chance as my design contains only 8 decals (3 types), but I think with the addition of VW 1200 into the game and actual contest that's only fair to say Herbie can't miss out this round. ^^

Edit: Houston, we have a problem, 3 of four pics doesn't want to show up in thread :scared: but are visible in message editor. :confused:
All pics are set on public... :guilty:
Hope I will solve this problem soon

Edit2: on the phone everything seems to work. This confuses me a bit

I'mm seeing all 4 images.

I know I'm full of questions but is a fantasy livery allowed? So one I've came across on deviant art or whatever?

I'd say that's well within the rules, yes.

And yeah, @Splurge you need to set your images to public. And also change the color of your title. (there I go again, I remind people to change their entries. :lol:)

@Unfinished Na What you need to edit is simple, your whole entry, sort of speaking. Look at how the others have posted theirs, and read the rules again, then you'll know what to do. :) And also, don't double post. You did it again. :lol:

FINAL ENTRY

Okay, so this (hopefully) should be my last entry. Again, what I'm doing is the 917 K Salzburg Racing livery on a 919 Hybrid. This livery took me a while to finish, then was updated just recently so that it's more accurate to the Salzburg Racing 917 K.

Link To Livery (Updated one)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back