• 189 comments

Cytoria

Staff Emeritus
France
France
Cytoria
AC35DA03-B31B-49E9-9BA5-C86006BD1A7B.jpeg

THIS FORTNIGHT'S THEME

This week, our cars will stand out on the track in flashy colours! Last winner @D-Max set this theme, let's hear what he has to say :

See it before you hear it!

I’d like to make use of the lesser used Fluorescent colours. It’s rare I see a nice car done with fluorescent paint schemes so that’s my challenge to you, change my mind!

No more than 50% covered by a mask, the fluorescent colour must be the showpiece of the car.

Gr3/4 cars only as I can’t imagine many fluorescent road cars.

Livery must run the GTPlanet number board and the number 50.

CARS :
- Only Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars

LIVERIES
:
- Original liveries, no replicas.

UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS :
- The base colour must be a « Fluorescent » special colour.
- The base colour must be seen on at least 50% of the car.
- The car must feature the GTplanet number board with the #50 on it.

BONUS PICTURE SETTINGS :
- Two bonus pictures.
- One on the track at night.
- One on the track during the day.

USER MADE DECALS :
- No restrictions.

GENERAL COMPETITION RULES

ENTRY SUBMISSION

- The only way you can take part is to be a member of the GTPlanet forums. If you haven't created your account yet, click here
- Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
- Unsure how to? Copy and paste the following:
Code:
[COLOR=red][B]FINAL ENTRY[/B][/COLOR]
- One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a competition.
- You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
- Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
- Absolutely no entries which utilize edited/hacked file saves.

- Winner gets to choose the following Fortnight's theme.
- Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
- The Host may ask for the original image/livery and it must be submitted if so.
- It's recommended to share the original livery online (in-game) to prove it’s your work.
- Winner, second and third places will have to share the links of the liveries for the Hall of Fame thread

ENTRY PRESENTATION

- All images shall have preview images which may not exceed 640 pixels in either direction (main and bonus pictures)
- You have to post two main pictures of your entry using the mandatory locations and settings as shown below
- You are allowed to post two bonus pictures in a spoiler with free location and settings (unless the unique restrictions of the week’s theme specify something else)
- You have to make one post with ONLY the 4 pictures and the FINAL ENTRY mark. If you want to add precisions/background story/links, you are allowed to double-post under your entry. The best way to do it will be to "reply" to your own post.

- It is recommended you host your image either here on GTPlanet (via the Media section), or on Flickr
- Not sure how to submit your image? Here's a guide for both methods mentioned above.
- A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
- Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it; it makes poll creation much easier!
- No heavy post-game editing, slight enhancing is allowed.

MANDATORY PICTURES

- You have to post a front quarter view and a rear quarter view of your car.
- You can choose between the Shiretoko 03 location or the White Sands 01/09 locations. No other location will be allowed for the main pics.

If it's your first entry or if you struggle with the picture settings, have a look at the tutorials below :
WHITE SANDS 1

WHITE SANDS 9

SHIRETOKO 3

- If you choose the Shiretoko location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Car:
Detailed Settings:
- Key Lights: Off

Camera:

EV: +0.5

Effects:
Temperature: 9500 K

Screen Effects 1:
Mask: Background
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 0
- Brightness: 500
- Contrast: 150 (This is key to controlling how light/dark the under-car shadow will appear)

Car Effects:
Individual Colour Tone Correction:
- Saturation: 125
- Brightness: 125
(Adjust these figures to suit the colour of the car)

- If you choose the White Sands 01/09 location, please follow the settings in the spoiler below.
Zoom: around 90mm at stock position
Aperture: f/32
Exposure Correction: +1.0
Shutter Speed: 1/1
Single AF on the A-pillar/mirror

Temperature: 6500
Color Cast Correction: 0.025

Screen Effect: Background Mask
Individual Correction:
Saturation: 100%
Brightness: 500
Contrast: 250
Highlight: 0

Car Effects:
Brightness 120

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, start a convo with me.

DEADLINE :

March 11, 2020 (23:59, CEST/GMT+1)

Last edited:
With the number board, the top boarder is blank, can we put random sponsors etc in that section or do we need the GTP text?

@D-Max Does the car need to be sport mode compatible too or just the GTPlanet number board?
sport mode isn’t necessary at all

With the number board, the top boarder is blank, can we put random sponsors etc in that section or do we need the GTP text?
I didn’t know it was missing the gtp text. I’ll find the link for @Cytoria to pop that in to the op too.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/discover/search/decal/decal/1082069/5980863879459143696

I'm guessing matte fluorescent also counts. Just to clear things up.
As long as it’s fluorescent!

For people wondering about the GTplanet number plates just search gtplanet in the discover on the main GT website and its the 6th page under popularity, I don't know if that is ok to use @Cytoria ?

Here are the decals.

On my profile, I’ve shared the « empty » version, so it can be used for multiple purposes.

6C2D4DAE-5AA6-4B59-A0BA-097509915FAE.png

GTPlanet Number Board

If you wish, you can download and use the version with the 50 already in, or you can put whatever #50 you want.

For those interested, I also add the the « livery editor competition » text in the GTPlanet font.

Attachments

• GTP board empty.svg
    12.1 KB · Views: 24
  • GTP board with 50 LEC.SVG
    12.7 KB · Views: 27
  • LEC text.svg
    4.9 KB · Views: 27
Here are the decals.

On my profile, I’ve shared the « empty » version, so it can be used for multiple purposes.

View attachment 895117

GTPlanet Number Board

If you wish, you can download and use the version with the 50 already in, or you can put whatever #50 you want.

For those interested, I also add the the « livery editor competition » text in the GTPlanet font.

I’ve my entry made up already.
I’ll put it up now. Let me know if it’s ok.

Here are the decals.

View attachment 895117

GTPlanet Number Board

Thanks! It will (also) be useful for many other things. 👍

Matte flourescent yellow (Y4 I think) is one of my favourite race car colours in the game, so obviously I'm in. :gtpflag:

I've tried to keep the design as clean as possible, mostly so it doesn't exceed that 50% limit.

The GT Planet number boards are setup so that they are Sport Mode Safe.

Seeing as people are talking about “Hero Shots”, I’ve added a move on the outside at Raidillon as one of the bonus pics.

Last edited:
send inquiry in paypal :lol:

I think not, tbh I pretty not sure about 50% think so I work just like that :crazy:

LOL

Also nearly went with the same colour and full MOTUL.

The no replicas line spooked me.
What’s the line between inspired and replica when doing GT500 inspired liveries.

I think not, tbh I pretty not sure about 50% think so I work just like that :crazy:

It looks bonkers, but can I be cheeky and ask which settings you used for your hero pictures? My TV is old enough to vote and I can't tell what looks good when I'm trying to set it up :lol:

It looks bonkers, but can I be cheeky and ask which settings you used for your hero pictures? My TV is old enough to vote and I can't tell what looks good when I'm trying to set it up :lol:

I use monitor pc for setting up my picture and race, I use Shiretoko setting have higher contrast and saturtation little bit so can bring "true" color what I want

LOL
What’s the line between inspired and replica when doing GT500 inspired liveries.

I think it more like into placement and how not trying make 1:1 same like original one.

So i'm getting to a point where I pick my colors, fill out a little and add the number board and then ...block... I can't seem to be able to add anything else without ruining the color blocking. Going as minimal as I possibly can without looking like I didn't even try is really troubling me. The focus here is color and using decals to enhance or showcase the color is actually quite challenging. What's looking perfect to me, I know is going to look like I haven't done much to you guys. I love this LEC. I've run 4 different cars so far and still can't settle

So i'm getting to a point where I pick my colors, fill out a little and add the number board and then ...block... I can't seem to be able to add anything else without ruining the color blocking. Going as minimal as I possibly can without looking like I didn't even try is really troubling me. The focus here is color and using decals to enhance or showcase the color is actually quite challenging. What's looking perfect to me, I know is going to look like I haven't done much to you guys. I love this LEC. I've run 4 different cars so far and still can't settle

It funny, I've had a fluorescent livery concept in my head for the past 6 months or so but couldn't figure out a way to make it work. And this competition is forcing my hand and it's really fun to try and put all the disparate concepts I've had in my head into the game and into a coherent livery

:gtpflag:

Sometimes you can do too much and keeping it simple gives a much cleaner look.
Part of me wishes I had gone for pink or purple now, just to do something lairy for the theme.

It funny, I've had a fluorescent livery concept in my head for the past 6 months or so but couldn't figure out a way to make it work. And this competition is forcing my hand and it's really fun to try and put all the disparate concepts I've had in my head into the game and into a coherent livery

:gtpflag:

That's how I was on LEC 49.

Back