The GT Sport Livery Editor Competition 50 (Fluorescence) - CLOSED

• Thread starter Cytoria
  • 189 comments
SO here it is, I decided to go for something other than a sponsor, but rather an album. There is many details on this, like the backwards Nike logo, and the IWTAWAAIFGWTC logo etc

Some of these florescent colours really aren't easy on the eyes. Feels like my retinas will burn of looking at some of the pink and purple shades for any length of time.

My good Adam Barber sir, I share this feeling with you. So my work progress will be p

??

Good lord! What have they done with your childhood? Creepy as 🤬! Kill it with fire!

My good Adam Barber sir, I share this feeling with you. So my work progress will be p

Good lord! What have they done with your childhood? Creepy as 🤬! Kill it with fire!

I know this eldritch horror was ment for kids TV.

I’ve wanted to do a hybrid colour scheme for the R8 based on the AMG Electric car for a while, but it’s so hard to make that colour look right!
I was also wanting to try and play around with the number board. So many liveries and designs have them loud and proud, but actually in the real world they aren’t always that visible and some cars even change the shape to the bodywork... so that was my idea. Almost like the Nissan’s SuperGT number board.

Anyway, after some more thought and planning, I came up with this. My ‘mood board’ was a mixture of electric cars, R8’s and these bad boys:

801D9340-1899-4DBE-BE37-58399266CA64.jpeg

Yes lads Adidas Galaxy’s... every 90s teen dream. God what an awful time it was...

I’ve wanted to do a hybrid colour scheme for the R8 based on the AMG Electric car for a while, but it’s so hard to make that colour look right!
I was also wanting to try and play around with the number board. So many liveries and designs have them loud and proud, but actually in the real world they aren’t always that visible and some cars even change the shape to the bodywork... so that was my idea. Almost like the Nissan’s SuperGT number board.

Anyway, after some more thought and planning, I came up with this. My ‘mood board’ was a mixture of electric cars, R8’s and these bad boys:

Yes lads Adidas Galaxy’s... every 90s teen dream. God what an awful time it was...

Great job but tbh a little part of me is disappointed that it's not a Mr Blobby themed livery :lol::lol::lol:

FINAL ENTRY
Repsol Megane Gr.4
Link.

Last edited:
FINAL ENTRY
Repsol Megane Gr.4
Link.
After spending a few days trying to find an idea that would stick, I eventually settled on trying a new take of the Repsol livery as the basic colour palette always screams 'fluorescent' to me. The 50% restriction allowed more emphasis on the orange part of the logo - Y1 Fluorescent for the body, bonnet and mirrors, O1 Fluorescent for the wheels - which seems to suit the Megane quite well. Main references were a variety of real-life and fictional Repsol liveries, particularly the Honda MotoGP and SEAT WTCC schemes.

Marc_Márquez._GP_de_San_Marino_2018_%2842723709600%29.jpg

Jordi_Gene_2009_WTCC_Race_of_Japan_%28Free_Practice%29.jpg

As it is meant to be a more 'contemporary' variant, the current Repsol logo also features on the front bumper, bonnet and rear wing endplates.

It’s funny but because of the 50% rule and the will to show the fluo base the most, we have quite striking designs with easy readable shapes instead of some busy liveries. I quite like it, it’s refreshing !

I’m still not decided on what way I’ll took for this round, I have 3 or 4 different ideas/cars on my mind.

After initially struggling to think of an idea that worked for me and liked I settled on the DBR9 after trying multiple different cars. With the theme florescent I knew I wanted it to be bright and stand out from more traditional liveries so went with the rhub' IPA as the main sponsor as I thought that the colour scheme from the label would work well when applied in game. I also settled on some more traditional Aston Martin sponsors for the secondary and tertiary sponsors on the car to give it that more authentic look.

I think you guys focus too much on the « 50% » rule.

[T]he Fluo colour must be the main colour and main element of the livery.

It is here to avoid masking techniques...

Must the logical base paint color of the livery be a Special Color Fluorescent selection?
I was considering a masking livery. Will a livery which has fluorescent color masking decal(s) comprising >50% of car body be valid?

Additional question; must the fluorescent portion of the livery be a single color?

Must the logical base paint color of the livery be a Special Color Fluorescent selection?
I was considering a masking livery. Will a livery which has fluorescent color masking decal(s) comprising >50% of car body be valid?

Additional question; must the fluorescent portion of the livery be a single color?
I will refer to my previous post #31 :

The « 50% » rule is not a perfect ratio to get. What it means is that the Fluo colour must be the main colour and main element of the livery.

It is here to avoid masking techniques such as a Tron car, or the Jenson Button NSX GT3 with only small parts in Fluo yellow.

Also I don’t know how you can have two real fluo colours, unless you paint the hood/body/others in different fluo colours.

Edit : that doesn’t mean that you are not allowed to use masks but the base colour must still be the fluo. (For example you can have an inverted logo if your car is fluo with black parts and you want fluo logos on the black parts)

As long as the car compromises of the fluorescent body colour, then that’s fine. Achieving a secondary fluorescent through mask would be cool and also impressive!

As long as the car compromises of the fluorescent body colour, then that’s fine. Achieving a secondary fluorescent through mask would be cool and also impressive!

This mask idea was my intention until I remembered (I'm at work & am unable to access GTS) that Special Colors are not available as a color choice for decals. :banghead:

I have designed several liveries using a single Special Color as logical base paint, then masking with decals of palette color(s).
I'm fond of these using Liquid Metal colors to appear as secondary colors;

20190810091227.jpg
20190810102857.jpg
:

Back