The Human Comedy 8 - Gr.3 Lake Maggiore

• Thread starter breeminator
  • 1,122 comments
Yes it's in Hard mode. I was running constant 1.57 with a few 1.56s.
I think the AI are really struggling with the tyre wear. As others have mentioned in this forum, it's having a much more progressive feel now after 1.49 update i.e. need to progressively reduce corner entry speed as the tyres wear, whereas previously you could pretty much ignore it until around 50% worn. I've seen some AI sliding off corners, and others with greatly reduced lap times due to tyre wear.
Accordingly this race might actually be easier to win now after update 1.49.
Hmmm, OK, thanks, and well done.

Yes, @Meythia I take your point about not being able to judge things by the win time. It's just that I always found this race to be incredibly consistent in that regard. Clearly, I need to try some different cars now. The McLaren has always been my favourite, but I was about a second a lap slower this time, despite having good pedal control and understanding trail-braking. Because I hunted down and passed Rubilar, then kept him behind me right to the line (without having to take defending actions), I was convinced the two cars ahead would drop-off in the closing laps, but they didn't! More 1.49 practice needed, me thinks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to mention, I'm on a wheel (G29) and also turned on ASM + counter steering to avoid unnecessary spins due to changing weather, power (fuel mix), and tyre conditions (particularly on the out lap). Better to lose a fraction of a second per lap, rather than spin out after 50 minutes!

Last edited:
Accordingly this race might actually be easier to win now after update 1.49.
It definitly is
1. AI pits worse than before, them trying to drive for as long as tyregrip isnt in "critical" but ending up with at least one lap that is considerably slower than the average. Would the AI still do an even split of 10/10/10 or 15/15 it would be much more difficult than on the old game version.
2. players can pit better than before, we dont really have the same penalty on "critical" tractionlimits as we feel it dropping of + we potentially can be driving with a more tyresaving method than the AI does.
-> 2 sides that benefit the player, making the race artificially easier as the AI could make it, just because of strategically losing more time vs its laptime pace.

The McLaren has always been my favourite
I think the cars that were good on tyres now have lost this edge.
Just at a first glance they dont seem to have the same advantage anymore and the gap between light and heavy cars has decreased, meaning speed has gained in importance.

I did the race again tonight using the Lexus GT3 and got 3rd place - 14.5s off the lead (one stopper), and 10s behind my nemesis, N. Rubilar (hope that's correct :P), and 0.5s ahead of an aggressive Yamanaka in the Supra.

I managed to equal my best lap - a mere 1:58.4xx - but generally was lapping consistent 1:59s - clearly not enough for this race, but I can't see where I'm likely to improve :(

That said, I switched off ASM and used TC 0 for the race, and although I had a couple of moments, I felt that ASM off was a general benefit - but other than that, I'm not sure what other minor tweaks might help - Brake Balance, maybe? My tyres were a bit shot after 10 laps (RM, 2 stop strategy), and I could maybe use a bit less front wear. Any tips gratefully appreciated!!

edit:
a bit shot
Sorry for the o/i typo!

Last edited:
Lexus GT3

My tyres were a bit short after 10 laps (RM, 2 stop strategy), and I could maybe use a bit less front wear. Any tips gratefully appreciated!!
If you are sticking to that car, yes, it definitly is eating the front tyres much faster than its rear.
What you possible can try is doing the same thing I did and driving a first stint on RH/RM mixed.
Even if you do 2 pits and changing to RM both times, you could aim for 12/9/9 to reduce the burden on RM on their last legs.

Or when trying RM all the way, you can reduce tyrewear a bit by lifting off throttle 10-20m before braking.

If driving MT then shortshifting will help saving fuel, to me it seems it doesnt really get any faster by revving high.

For the digital helpers: all that you need can provide just a tiny bit of more consistency, but generally you would want to try not relying on them at all.

All the small things combined count.

Use RM (2 stop strategy) to catch up to the leader, slipstream until lap 9 then punt him into the gravel on big banky. Don't look back.
150 liters to victory, not purrfect, but I think this is easier than trying to 2stop (as this requires more precision but is definitly faster).
Beauvois sprinted to lead, that is a first for me, but then he required 3 stops, so out of competition
1722678065857.png

tyrewear: no problem / pace: comfortable driving
1722678169562.png
1722678217029.png

Pitting, changing tyres, refuel as needed
1722678252674.png

Lap 14 with a cat-astrophic accident! If not for this, I would have come out of the pits in lap 15 while still being in the lead.
Last pit of the competitve AI, so win secured.
1722678300498.png
1722678393291.png

Last edited:
If you manage to do, please screenshot it:
It turns out to be quite simple really. The RMs can just make 15 (or 16) laps in the Porsche, so providing you can lap 1.57-159 you can get the 31 laps. Just needs a bit of fuel saving to make the 16 lap stint. Bumping to lean mix in the breaking zones was sufficient.
19118fd36b048-screenshotUrl.jpg

19118fd984e27-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
It turns out to be quite simple really.
I wasnt questioning the way to do it, I was curious about your total time and placement in the leaderboards ;)
As I said: I think my finish with the Supra was faster than Lexus, yet it is my Lexus time that is on the leaderboards.

Last edited:
I wasnt questioning the way to do it, I was curious about your total time and placement in the leaderboards ;)
As I said: I think my finish with the Supra was faster than Lexus, yet it is my Lexus time that is on the leaderboards.
Ah ok. I only just got over the line by a whisker, so came 3rd behind the two Japanese drivers, and just ahead of your Lexus :cheers:

Ah ok. I only just got over the line by a whisker, so came 3rd behind the two Japanese drivers, and just ahead of your Lexus :cheers:
Well done.

But then it is confirmed:
whatever is your first 31 lap run will stick.
If you improve it doesnt matter as long as you dont break into 32 laps.

My Supra:
1722720717390.png

That would have been 8 seconds faster than your run and by that should have been faster than my Lexus.
What an oversight, and I was trying hoping to move up but simply cant because of how the game was programmed.

Well done.

But then it is confirmed:
whatever is your first 31 lap run will stick.
If you improve it doesnt matter as long as you dont break into 32 laps.

My Supra:
View attachment 1378031
That would have been 8 seconds faster than your run and by that should have been faster than my Lexus.
What an oversight, and I was trying hoping to move up but simply cant because of how the game was programmed.
Oh no... That's crazy!
I was also going to try beat the top 2, but seems it's not possible now... I had also tried before 1.49 and was also never able to improve, so now I know why... Boooooo
I suppose we'll just have to use a 2nd profile

Back