the "just plain ugly" car thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter land sea air
  • 3,808 comments
  • 454,421 views
Subaru just haven't been able to get it right since the original WRX. They came close in 2003 but everything else has been pretty awful


While true, calling the newer Imprezas is a freaking insult. 2001 I can understand, 2003 is one of my faves, 2005 is definetely my top fave, Hatchback I can deal with it, 2010 was meh and 2014 is also a fave of mine. Granted, the 90's one is unbeatable but still, come on.
 
While true, calling the newer Imprezas is a freaking insult. 2001 I can understand, 2003 is one of my faves, 2005 is definetely my top fave, Hatchback I can deal with it, 2010 was meh and 2014 is also a fave of mine. Granted, the 90's one is unbeatable but still, come on.

I've seen a few 2014 Imprezas on the road and they look pretty awful IMO. The front of the car doesn't fit with the rest of it and all the angles are off, the car just looks confused.

I stick by my original post
 
Toyota is on fire with turning dull cars into ugly ones. The RAV4 Hybrid has three three unfinished faces, all slapped on top of each other creating a look that makes me wonder, which one of the two black horizontal lines above the number plate should be removed to make it look even somewhat acceptable.

View attachment 501197

th
 
The 1999 GTO Concept looks EVEN WORSE than the Aztek. Thank god this wasn't the production model.
original_123654_vS9hvUCG7PFsLxFQIMNAvAAK6.jpg


The Lamborghini Veneno is dreadful. And people actually like this. ALOT.
Lamborghini-Veneno-front-three-quarters1.jpg
 
images


Perodua Kelisa

This is without doubt the worst car, not just in its category, but in the world. It has a top speed of 88mph but takes so long to reach it that no one has ever lived long enough to verify the claim... Also, its name sounds like a disease.

>talking about speed in a looks basis thread
 
SVX
>talking about speed in a looks basis thread
It's virtually word for word a Clarkson quote.
 
Bo
It's virtually word for word a Clarkson quote.

I figured it was with the exaggeration.
 
1rkC31i


It's like an online car from GT6 that has gone real.
Please tell me you forgot this isn't the Questionable Mods thread and not a factory thing :indiff:
 
Nissan_Almera_front_20080224.jpg


Telling people at a dinner party you drive a Nissan Almera is like telling them you’ve got the Ebola virus and you’re about to sneeze.
 
Lingenfelter T/A Concept
lingenfelter_455_t_a_concept_zoom.jpg

Lingenfelter455TAConceptRearView.jpg
 
AAa9mpq.img


It was rubbish when it was new, it was built by idiots, and it's rubbish now.
 
Please tell me you forgot this isn't the Questionable Mods thread and not a factory thing :indiff:
It's the Youngman L3 GT Lotus, which is either a Proton Gen 2 wearing a new badge, or a direct copy of a Proton Gen 2 wearing a new badge.

The worst part is, no, this is not a joke.

Youngman-L3-GT-011-626x382.jpg
 
Nissan_Almera_front_20080224.jpg


Telling people at a dinner party you drive a Nissan Almera is like telling them you’ve got the Ebola virus and you’re about to sneeze.
Doesn't look boring to me, it just looks rather plain.
 
They did here (I'm not sure if they did everywhere else) as the Lancer Sportback.
I live in the US and looking it up; it was sold here but I didn't even know it existed.
 
Toyota is on fire with turning dull cars into ugly ones. The RAV4 Hybrid has three three unfinished faces, all slapped on top of each other creating a look that makes me wonder, which one of the two black horizontal lines above the number plate should be removed to make it look even somewhat acceptable.

View attachment 501197

The "normal" RAV4 front is perfect! Why did they do this???? :sick:
 
I've seen a few 2014 Imprezas on the road and they look pretty awful IMO. The front of the car doesn't fit with the rest of it and all the angles are off, the car just looks confused.

I stick by my original post
New one reminds me of a sporty Volvo S40. Better than the hatchback before that though i found that one very 'uninspiring', to put it mildly.
 




HSV had an absolute shocker with the E Series 3, looks like someone designed it in NFS Underground.

Catering for the bogan masses I suppose...
 




HSV had an absolute shocker with the E Series 3, looks like someone designed it in NFS Underground.

Catering for the bogan masses I suppose...
Everything but the taillights, I like.

"Bogan" just seems uncalled for.
 
Back