The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

So I'm thinking. This season has thus far been pretty amazing in how competitive the P1 catagory is.
And with Ferrari, Nissan, Renault and Honda possible joining the P1 class in 1-2 years, this could very well become the most insane and competitive class in recent years. Now I'm excited :D
me-gusta.jpg

So I'm thinking. This season has thus far been pretty amazing in how competitive the P1 catagory is.
And with Ferrari, Nissan, Renault and Honda possible joining the P1 class in 1-2 years, this could very well become the most insane and competitive class in recent years. Now I'm excited :D
I doubt Ferrari is going to compete. They can barely get things together in F1 as it is and they have the largest budget.

Red Bull spends more the Ferrari and McLaren put together.

Ferrari can't spend all the money they have for motor sport in F1. Hence AF Corse.

They could easily afford a P1 WEC team and regard it as engine development time.

Red Bull spends more the Ferrari and McLaren put together.

Ferrari can't spend all the money they have for motor sport in F1. Hence AF Corse.

They could easily afford a P1 WEC team and regard it as engine development time.

Red Bull Racing

Budget: £235.5m (estimated from overall RBR/RBT budget)

Income: £240m (of which £110m comes from Red Bull, £60m from other sponsors, and £70m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £4.5m net

Scuderia Ferrari

Budget: £250m (including engines)

Income: £260m (of which £160m comes from sponsors including FIAT, £20m from customers, and £80m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £10m net (group) 2012

McLaren Racing

Budget: £160m

Income: £180m (of which £120m comes from sponsors, and £60m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £20m 2011

Lotus

Budget: £130m

Income: £120m (of which £30m comes from Genii, £45m from other sponsors, and £45m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-10m

Mercedes Grand Prix

Budget: £160m (including engines)

Income: £150m (of which £50m comes from Daimler, £60m from other sponsors, and £40m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-10m 2011

Sauber

Budget: £90m

Income: £75m (of which £40m comes from sponsors, and £35m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-15m

Force India

Budget: £100m

Income: £75m (of which £30m comes from group companies {Mallya and Sahara}, £10m from other sponsors, and £35m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-25m

Williams

Budget: £90m (purified, excluding Hybrid Power)

Income: £90m (of which £30m comes from PDVSA, £28m from other sponsors, and £32m from FOM earnings)

Profit: Even

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Budget: £70m

Income: £70m (of which £32m comes from Red Bull, £8m from other sources, and £30m from FOM earnings)

Caterham

Budget: £65m

Income: £65m (of which £26m comes from group companies {Fernandes}, £9m from other sponsors, and £30m from FOM earnings)

Marussia

Budget: £51m

Income: £51m (of which £30m comes from Marussia, £15m from other sponsors, and £6m from FOM earnings)

also remember reading the 2013 budgets somewhere, ferrari spent £300 million, red bull £250 million

At the conference I went to earlier this year, I heard that Red Bull's F1 budget for 2013 was more than 350 million. Don't remember if it was in pounds or euros, but this was directly from one of the top guys working at the Caterham F1 team.

In any case. The more manufactures in P1, the better. And it's certainly a lot more relevant for road cars than F1 is.

On a more relevant note. The similiar liveries of the P1 cars makes it annoyingly difficult to tell them apart when viewed at from a distance :irked:

Red Bull Racing

Budget: £235.5m (estimated from overall RBR/RBT budget)

Income: £240m (of which £110m comes from Red Bull, £60m from other sponsors, and £70m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £4.5m net

Scuderia Ferrari

Budget: £250m (including engines)

Income: £260m (of which £160m comes from sponsors including FIAT, £20m from customers, and £80m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £10m net (group) 2012

McLaren Racing

Budget: £160m

Income: £180m (of which £120m comes from sponsors, and £60m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £20m 2011

Lotus

Budget: £130m

Income: £120m (of which £30m comes from Genii, £45m from other sponsors, and £45m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-10m

Mercedes Grand Prix

Budget: £160m (including engines)

Income: £150m (of which £50m comes from Daimler, £60m from other sponsors, and £40m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-10m 2011

Sauber

Budget: £90m

Income: £75m (of which £40m comes from sponsors, and £35m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-15m

Force India

Budget: £100m

Income: £75m (of which £30m comes from group companies {Mallya and Sahara}, £10m from other sponsors, and £35m from FOM earnings)

Profit: £-25m

Williams

Budget: £90m (purified, excluding Hybrid Power)

Income: £90m (of which £30m comes from PDVSA, £28m from other sponsors, and £32m from FOM earnings)

Scuderia Toro Rosso

Budget: £70m

Income: £70m (of which £32m comes from Red Bull, £8m from other sources, and £30m from FOM earnings)

Caterham

Budget: £65m

Income: £65m (of which £26m comes from group companies {Fernandes}, £9m from other sponsors, and £30m from FOM earnings)

Marussia

Budget: £51m

Income: £51m (of which £30m comes from Marussia, £15m from other sponsors, and £6m from FOM earnings)

also remember reading the 2013 budgets somewhere, ferrari spent £300 million, red bull £250 million

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Williams is the only team that publishes what it spends If recall. It has to. (Share holders)

Edit. I heard Red Bull spent more than Ferrari & McLaren combined on Radio Le Mans a while ago.

I'm thinking Toyota 1-2, Porsche in 3rd, and the nr.1 Audi getting 4th.

The Audi might hold on to 3rd, but I doubt it. Certainly don't think they'll hold on to 2nd.

Toyota will have them. The Porsche's have had terrible reliability, so you can't put Audi's 2nd down to pace.

A good pit strategy and the failure of other cars does not make your car fast.

@Bram Turismo said the 2nd place could be put down to raw pace. Not here. The Audi is still badly slow compared to the others.

Audi and Toyota's strategies have been the same. Point to me where #7 has failed.
Where did I say the #7 had failed? Both Porsche's have had issues. That means Audi moved up the order.

The Audi is the slowest P1. That's the bottom line. Reliability keeps you in the race, but that and pace wins you the race.

Where did I say the #7 had failed? Both Porsche's have had issues. That means Audi moved up the order.

The Audi is the slowest P1. That's the bottom line. Reliability keeps you in the race, but that and pace wins you the race.

Rebellion R-One says hi.

Dunno if you noticed but the #1 is in front of #7

Hybrid P1. But the R-One was faster through the corners than them at one point.

Dunno if you noticed but the #1 is in front of #7
There's a car with the number 8 that is a long way ahead of that. #7 has been inconsistent, they're bringing the gap right down again.

I'm talking about the fact the #1 is in 2nd and if the #8 experiences any problems at all the #1 can win this race. The difference is not as big as you are making it out to be.

Hybrid P1. But the R-One was faster through the corners than them at one point.

There's a car with the number 8 that is a long way ahead of that. #7 has been inconsistent, they're bringing the gap right down again.
So if the audi doesn't have the pace how did it get in front of the #7 if it hasn't had any issues?

I'm talking about the fact the #1 is in 2nd and if the #8 experiences any problems at all the #1 can win this race.
Doesn't change the fact it's slow. If the #8 were to lose the race, it's be down to reliability, not pace. But the #1 is coming back into its stride.

So if the audi doesn't have the pace how did it get in front of the #7 if it hasn't had any issues?
That bit where I said it's been inconsistent? You can have a fast car but make mistakes, and a slow car that's consistent will give a run for your money.

EDIT - #7 has cooled down a bit and is really hounding the #1 now.

Commanding performance from the Buemi/Lapierre/Davidson I would say. Eurosport show the last 3 hours and from what I have seen Toyota have things put together. We just need the Nakajima/Wurz/Sarrazin Toyota LMP1 to perform and Audi Joest may just be in for a fight.

Sarrazin needs to hurry up. I want my 1-2 Toyota finish :P
It's a bit less than 1.6 seconds now :D

Side by side actually!

EDIT - #3 3 laps down. lel.

Last edited:
Back