The Le Mans General Discussion Thread

This is me being happy, i've waited years and it's finally happening :lol:
This you happy?

@hsv010 Yes, Audi isn't going through it's best day and are very slow on a straight but this race doesn't decide who wins at le mans, you need to nit jump into conclusion and wait until le mans.

It doesn't look good for Audi at lemans this time...

I'm not going to say Audi won't win Le Mans until either a Toyota or Porsche crosses the finish line after the full 24 hours.

Except for 2003 and 2009 they've won every single year since 2000, how could one possibly tell they won't compete judging by the Spa 6hr race?

#1 Audi and #8 Toyota still remain my top picks for the victory at Le Mans. I won't change that pick order regardless of what Audi does today.

Everyone enjoying the race so far? I just woke up and missed the first half, can i get a recap?

Well, the 1st place is still being contested by the NR. 8 Toyota and the nr. 14 Porsche. (who have been within 10 secs of each other throughout most of the race)
General opinion is that Audi is far too slow, with their low downforce car being the slowest of the lot.

So far, pretty good race. No serious accidents, sunny weather and clean racing :)

Basically in P1, Porsche pulled away a bit, Toyota got them back, and Audi are being slow.

• Porsche fastest car.
  • Lead Porsche #14 had slow stop and Toyota now lead by 10secs
  • #2 loses 25 seconds fixing a loose connector
  • Audi very slow on the straights and fast in the middle sector
  • #20 Porsche loses 2 laps with broken rear damper early on

Audi fast in the bends but terrible on the straights.
The Audi's cornering pace seems to vary wildly. Sometimes they close up a lot on the others through corners, other times they get monstered by the low downforce cars.

That's interesting. I thought they would be running a lower downforce setup here. Is that not the case? Or are they are still slow even with the proper setup?

That's interesting. I thought they would be running a lower downforce setup here. Is that not the case? Or are they are still slow even with the proper setup?

They are the fastest cornering car. The first 90 minutes were a bit misleading because Audi can doublestint their tyres, and therefore ran on older tyres after their first stop. In the middle section of the track, the Audis are simply superior to the Porsches and Toyotas. But they lose all time gained there on the straights, where they are missing a huge amount of topspeed. Through Eau Rouge it doesn't matter which set-up you run, because it is a flat-out corner for an LMP1 car regardless.

They're running the high downforce setup with 1 and 2 the number 3 is their Le Mans car and more so the aero package you'll see there.

#3 goes straight on.

#13 struggling to get going.

EDIT - #7 goes off too.

I'm thinking Nakajima has gone through his tyres. The #3 was hitting 300 km/h so it's not any slower on the straights it would seem. I just think Nakajima has tried to push it too hard for a little too long.

Long tail Audi is over 20 kph down on the other low downforce cars.

#3 is not any slower judging from the onboard images. The telemetry was clearly showing it topped at 300 km/h after Eau Rouge. How can you possibly say it is 20 km/h slower when the #3 matches the S1 times of the Toyotas and Porsches...

Also the #1 Audi seems to be flying right now, matching the pace of the Toyotas at the very least.

Then that's an error then because the #3 isn't actually that slow on the straights...it's about 5-10 from the time where we had the #3 and the #7 together and the #7 couldn't breeze past this time.

Telemetry showed it too.

Back